Hardships

If you want to private message me I'll clarify the hell I've been through on the phone. I'm not putting together some bogus scam. If that's what you were implying.
That was a comment on some others I have known to do what I’ve described above not on your situation. Unfortunately if you don’t list a facility you would consider they won’t look beyond sometimes, I get that frustration.

My hardship was deemed bonafide but the facility I requested isn't available and that it will be kept on file for 15 months. Does HR typically reach out about other nearby facilities or do I have to file a new hardship?

Also during that 15 months, let's say the facility has an opening 4 months from now. Do I automatically get that spot or do they literally not look at my paperwork until it reaches 6 months for review?

My hardship was deemed bonafide but the facility I requested isn't available and that it will be kept on file for 15 months. Does HR typically reach out about other nearby facilities or do I have to file a new hardship?

Also during that 15 months, let's say the facility has an opening 4 months from now. Do I automatically get that spot or do they literally not look at my paperwork until it reaches 6 months for review?
How long ago did you put in your package? Area you want only have one facility? What’s their SWB say? As in are they over 100% projected?

How long ago did you put in your package? Area you want only have one facility? What’s their SWB say? As in are they over 100% projected?
It's recent and the facility I asked for is over 100% projected. There are other facilities nearby-ish but I didn't put those in the package. I didn't know if HR would reach out to me or if I have to contact them or file a new package altogether.

It's recent and the facility I asked for is over 100% projected. There are other facilities nearby-ish but I didn't put those in the package. I didn't know if HR would reach out to me or if I have to contact them or file a new package altogether.
Always expect the agent won’t do the work for you. Make the request for the facilities you want if they are acceptable to you, otherwise wait it out.

i would resubmit with EVERY facility you would be willing to go to, I saw one recently with 5 different places and the ended up going to that geo region.

For any of you who’ve had a hardship approved and deemed bonafide, how long did the process take from start to finish? Did any step take longer than others? Were you updated along the way, or did you have to reach out for answers. Just curious.

For any of you who’ve had a hardship approved and deemed bonafide, how long did the process take from start to finish? Did any step take longer than others? Were you updated along the way, or did you have to reach out for answers. Just curious.
Mine was 1 month from submission to hearing back that it was considered bonafide, 2 1/2 weeks from that I got notified of my selection and a couple more weeks until I received my FOL. So all said and done from first submission to FOL was 2 months and some change.

Mine was 1 month from submission to hearing back that it was considered bonafide, 2 1/2 weeks from that I got notified of my selection and a couple more weeks until I received my FOL. So all said and done from first submission to FOL was 2 months and some change.
Took 2 months to hear back from my own facility after a sustained grievance lol. That timeline would be nice.

Is the likelihood good that the district will deem bonafide if the ATM/NATCA forwarded it and agreed?

Took 2 months to hear back from my own facility after a sustained grievance lol. That timeline would be nice.

Is the likelihood good that the district will deem bonafide if the ATM/NATCA forwarded it and agreed?
If it leaves your region as “bona fide”, you’re basically golden.

Whether the facilities you listed can accept another body is a different story though.

Anyone washout after going someplace on a hardship? What happens? Maybe they transfer you to a slower place close by if one is available but I’m sure that’s not always the case. What happens if you were medically approved to work at a specific place but then can’t certify?

Can confirm that if you only list the one facility you will have to go back and ask for alternates. My only guess is if you don't define the geographical area well enough they're not going to even put the effort into saying hey maybe these other places will work for you? I mean these are the same people that offer you Roswell New Mexico when you ask for the southern region upon being hired right?

The thing I worry about with defining a geographical region as to a place that may be 3 hours away that if they don't want to give you that place they look at some level 4 tower only, also 3 hours away and say here you go. It's the same distance. Take it or leave it. This process is PAINFULLY slow for something that is supposed to be for employees in a difficult situation.

If it leaves your region as “bona fide”, you’re basically golden.

Whether the facilities you listed can accept another body is a different story though.
It’s on the way to district to decide that now. Only been approved by my ATM and NATCA pres.

I listed 3 facilities and a geographical area as a whole that we’re trying to get back to for the hardship reason.

Anyone washout after going someplace on a hardship? What happens? Maybe they transfer you to a slower place close by if one is available but I’m sure that’s not always the case. What happens if you were medically approved to work at a specific place but then can’t certify?
“Delusional Decisions” at work. Beats me.

It’s on the way to district to decide that now. Only been approved by my ATM and NATCA pres.

I listed 3 facilities and a geographical area as a whole that we’re trying to get back to for the hardship reason.
Your local facrep and ATM mean absolutely nothing in the big picture of things. It's the region level that sits down at some magical round table and plays volleyball with your paperwork and gets back to you 5 weeks later lol. If they don't lose your paperwork. I suggest you follow up every week.

Your local facrep and ATM mean absolutely nothing in the big picture of things. It's the region level that sits down at some magical round table and plays volleyball with your paperwork and gets back to you 5 weeks later lol. If they don't lose your paperwork. I suggest you follow up every week.
Will do, thanks. Ya I know they just approve if it fits in the catagories, but it’s nice to hear it actually moving along in the process, no matter how slow it takes. Just trying to be positive and hopeful as much as I can.

2 to 3 months. Nearly every step went over the time the contract says. Some updates from my rep when it was at the local level. My ATM held my hardship in limbo without telling me she wanted more paperwork. She wasnt going to send it up because she didn't think it met requirements. After 21+ days I called her and told her to send it up regardless if she agreed or not. It went to the regional level and was deemed bonafide without any requests for further information. I may have had some delays due to holidays but it seems to be about the same timeframe as another guy in my facility that had hardshipped.

2 to 3 months. Nearly every step went over the time the contract says. Some updates from my rep when it was at the local level. My ATM held my hardship in limbo without telling me she wanted more paperwork. She wasnt going to send it up because she didn't think it met requirements. After 21+ days I called her and told her to send it up regardless if she agreed or not. It went to the regional level and was deemed bonafide without any requests for further information. I may have had some delays due to holidays but it seems to be about the same timeframe as another guy in my facility that had hardshipped.
Held it for 21 days without telling you? Oh so she violated the contract ?. Man that would piss me off. That's three weeks of your life you'll never get back.

Held it for 21 days without telling you? Oh so she violated the contract ?. Man that would piss me off. That's three weeks of your life you'll never get back.
Unfortunately the place I was trying to hardship to doesn't have space anyways so it doesn't really matter at this point. I had considered grieving but I doubt anything would come of it. I expected nothing less of her when I started the process lol.

I have a question regarding category 1 of the hardship article. “The medical condition of the employee, the employee's spouse, or dependent children residing in the employee's household requires a geographical move from the employee's present duty station assignment to a geographical area deemed necessary to improve or maintain the health or receive health services”.

Who deem’s it necessary? The FAA or the medical professionals?

Back
Top Bottom