Hardships

Anyone have any experience with a hardship to a Florida Coastal Area, drs words not mine, to help with severe eczema and allergies? If so, was it approved and how did the allergies and eczema do after the move? Where did you move from?
Heat and humidity for eczema? Interesting..... ?

Anyone have any experience with a hardship to a Florida Coastal Area, drs words not mine, to help with severe eczema and allergies? If so, was it approved and how did the allergies and eczema do after the move? Where did you move from?
I heard that’s what all the cool kids do

Doesn’t sound like you folks know too much about Eczema but that’s cool. The cold and heat can actually affect people differently. Some people thrive in the North and some people don’t. The heat and humidity in Florida is different than the heat and humidity of Houston where I’m actually from and currently have paperwork in for. Not for much longer it sounds like. The pollen count for the Florida coast is much lower there as well as the ocean breeze and salt air has been known to provide relief for eczema sufferers.
For the record, not that it matters, but this isn’t for me. It’s for my 4 old daughter whose life is being affected in so many negative ways. Also, we’re not from Florida. We have never been to the area where the dr recommended. That’s why I asked what I asked. A hardship is the last thing we want to do for many reasons.

Before you know it someones going to get a hardship approved to MCO for something ED related.
MCO isn’t on the coast and is horrible for allergies. Wouldn’t try to be going there.

Heat and humidity for eczema? Interesting..... ?
I'm originally from Tampa as is my wife and my son spent most of his life there up until about a year ago. None of us have ever had any for of eczema, but just months after moving to my facility after the academy we all now have eczema and it hasn't gone away even with using approved detergents for laundry along with using eczema specific body washes.

I have no desire to try and hardship for something like eczema, especially as a trainee, on top of having no desire to end up back in Florida right now but it's cool to hear that that is a possible solution to our eczema issues.

I'm originally from Tampa as is my wife and my son spent most of his life there up until about a year ago. None of us have ever had any for of eczema, but just months after moving to my facility after the academy we all now have eczema and it hasn't gone away even with using approved detergents for laundry along with using eczema specific body washes.

I have no desire to try and hardship for something like eczema, especially as a trainee, on top of having no desire to end up back in Florida right now but it's cool to hear that that is a possible solution to our eczema issues.
No one cares if transfer as a trainee, do what's best for you and your family first and foremost.

No one cares if transfer as a trainee, do what's best for you and your family first and foremost.
I agree with that. Especially if you have history of not having those issues in Tampa, I wouldn’t see how a hardship would be denied for that. Hope you and your family get some relief and answers. It’s not a pleasant thing to deal with.

Mine was 1 month from submission to hearing back that it was considered bonafide, 2 1/2 weeks from that I got notified of my selection and a couple more weeks until I received my FOL. So all said and done from first submission to FOL was 2 months and some change.
Once you got ur FOL, was there a time frame for you to move from your old to your new facility?

Is there a way to see the staffing % for facilities you are trying to hardship to?

Once you got ur FOL, was there a time frame for you to move from your old to your new facility?

Is there a way to see the staffing % for facilities you are trying to hardship to?
Use this to see the staffing/pay/other useful information

Back
Top Bottom