June 2018

I'm new to this whole thing... If my facility's cpc to target is above 90.1 they have to let me go in 3 month or less if selected?

I'm new to this whole thing... If my facility's cpc to target is above 90.1 they have to let me go in 3 month or less if selected?
Both AOB and proj have to be above 90. Categories are listed on the ppt. All this info is in the MOU.

For more detail as far as what to look for, I will bet that person is caught in limbo. The person in charge of your staffing workbook updated it accordingly, but they're still listed as a CPC-IT or DEV by HR. If they go into the SWB and click on that person they'll be able to see if there's a discrepancy. Although rare, when there is, that person is not counted as anything (CPC, trainee, etc.). Your RVP can help assist in getting it correctly updated, but if you can diagnose the problem, it helps.

Just spoke with the facrep and he noticed it, and is working on getting it fixed. Hopefully that means it will be done before the panel. It changes the release category and makes us able to release and extra person, so it's a big deal for someone trying to go to a low priority location. Thanks for the help!

We've been at the same amount of CPC (9) for the last 5 months or so, yet our "releases" seem to be fluctuating up and down every month. In March we had 9 CPC and we released one on Ncept in April, then a couple weeks after that (In April), another certified. Now we have 9 CPC but releases say 0. (Target 11).

We do have one leaving the agency next month, but didn't think that should affect the May numbers.

Could this be because of a % change to the national average? It shows us below the necessary % figure, but we released someone on last Ncept with exact same staffing.

Is there an archive of the month-to-month staffing numbers that we find in the resources section?

TIA

Last edited:
We've been at the same amount of CPC (9) for the last 5 months or so, yet our "releases" seem to be fluctuating up and down every month. In March we had 9 CPC and we released one on Ncept in April, then a couple weeks after that (In April), another certified. Now we have 9 CPC but releases say 0. (Target 11).

We do have one leaving the agency next month, but didn't think that should affect the May numbers.

Could this be because of a % change to the national average? It shows us below the necessary % figure, but we released someone on last Ncept with exact same staffing.

Is there an archive of the month-to-month staffing numbers that we find in the resources section?

TIA

Check your facilities projected number in the Priority Placement Tool. For cat 2 you have to be above 85%. If you have someone leaving like you said they might be affecting your projected number and thats why it shows you cannot release anyone.

TIA
The releases from all of the facilities with 9 CPC's with a target number of 11 should not have happened last panel.
Ex.
81.9% - CPC National Average for April Panel
81.8% - CPC Percentage for above mentioned facilities

Historical CPC National Average
April Panel - 81.9%
February Panel - 81.8%
December Panel 81.8%

The PPT that was released in April showed each of those facilities being able to release 0, however, when the final facility priority list was published, it showed each of those facilities being able to lose 1 body. An NCEPT miracle if you will. As long as the CPC national average continues to climb (currently at 82.1%), those facilities with a target number of 11 will have to get to 10 CPC's to satisfy the CPC average portion of the NCEPT release policy.

The releases from all of the facilities with 9 CPC's with a target number of 11 should not have happened last panel.
Ex.
81.9% - CPC National Average for April Panel
81.8% - CPC Percentage for above mentioned facilities

Historical CPC National Average
April Panel - 81.9%
February Panel - 81.8%
December Panel 81.8%

The PPT that was released in April showed each of those facilities being able to release 0, however, when the final facility priority list was published, it showed each of those facilities being able to lose 1 body. An NCEPT miracle if you will. As long as the CPC national average continues to climb (currently at 82.1%), those facilities with a target number of 11 will have to get to 10 CPC's to satisfy the CPC average portion of the NCEPT release policy.
Do we know what the reasoning was for letting those releases happen in April or was it just a lucky oversight?

Do we know what the reasoning was for letting those releases happen in April or was it just a lucky oversight?
Probably a lucky oversight. They also forgot to do the April recatagorizing for Cat 2 facilities that became Cat 1 and had people awaiting Cat 2 releases and a whole bunch of extra people were selected Cat 1 by mistake.
The closer you watch all of this unfold the more oversights you notice on the Agency side of things, mistakes are very common.

Last edited:
The closer you watch all of this unfold the move oversights you notice on the Agency side of things, mistakes are very common.
I don't see how it's possible to have mistakes on an automated spreadsheet where you just plug numbers in.
Gotta love the buffoons running this show on both sides.

I don't see how it's possible to have mistakes on an automated spreadsheet where you just plug numbers in.
Gotta love the buffoons running this show on both sides.
It's my understanding the SWB manual data entries that are constantly butchered are all from the Agency (HR and ATM)

Can someone explain how LAS and ATL are 9 and 10 but both list possible gains as 0? Are they really unable to pick people up? I am trying to get closer to family and we can finally release 1 controller but every facility I have ERR's into show a 0 as possible gains.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how LAS and ATL are 9 and 10 but both list possible gains as 0? Are they really unable to pick people up? I am trying to get closer to family and we can finally release 1 controller but every facility I have ERR's into show a 0 as possible gains.
10-12's, 0 gains means 0 gains.
4-9's, can staff up to 100% projected on the second pass, you can learn more about the process by clicking the links below.

NCEPT - Current Rules
ERR

0 picks means their projected staffing is above the national average

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom