NEB meeting in Hawaii

Do you consider that to be a significant sum of money for this organization?

I’m really having trouble figuring what people here think this union should be doing, or spending money on. According to the majority here we shouldn’t hold a training conference to have knowledgeable reps, our NEB shouldn’t meet in person and be available for members to speak with, they shouldn’t meet with industry leaders and establish relationships with the companies that want to shape this profession to make their company’s money. Im really not sure what you want them to do besides no renew one of the multiple contracts this union negotiates.

I feel like the majority of people here are so short sighted, they forget that over the years this union has demonstrated success upon success. Sure there were struggles along the way, as would be expected. This union has a stress tested roadmap to future success, but instead of following it we’d rather save money for god knows what, and isolate.
This hyphenated last name man got all four boosters….

I like them doing things that make knowledgeable local leaders - the only area I feel the average controller sees daily that have an affect on their work conditions. I also like CFS, and the other things they’ve been bringing back since COVID for a knowledgeable workforce. And of course the contract is where we see the affects on our work conditions, but a smart local leader is who that empowers.

I wish the events/conferences were taken more seriously by those that go to them though. We sent people for some drug and alcohol thing, but they just got trashed and didn’t bring back anything productive. Same for CFS. Our prez went to the leadership stuff and came back way more passionate and knowledgeable.

To me, after the GoFundMe and other things we’ve heard come from the higher union folks, this just seems like excess spending for…what? I do genuinely wanna know what this meetup does for the union that required it being done in Hawaii that couldn’t have been done more reasonably.

If it’s to meet controllers out there, that’s fine. But I still have never met an RVP in person in my entire career and nobody in any facility close to me has had them visit either. So why does my RVP need to go to Hawaii to meet controllers there when he won’t even visit those he “reps”?

I definitely recognize our union has benefits, so I’m not just a salty grump. I just want a good summation of what this whole event is about.

Besides the fact it cost about $1 million to negotiate a contract, the other costs are what we put on the table, and possibly lose during negotiations.

As stated above the agency is short on funding. Has been for years. Their budget has been relatively flat, while wages and other operational costs have don’t nothing but go up. So you can open the contract up, and say give us more pay, and the agency will respond “ok” but we have to pay for it…,they will say let’s go back to

what?
They ask for whatever money they need. Why would they get more funding if they don’t need it? We literally pay dues to cover that. That’s the weakest reason of all time.

They ask for whatever money they need. Why would they get more funding if they don’t need it? We literally pay dues to cover that. That’s the weakest reason of all time.
Wasn’t supposed to post all that. Meant to post “what” to the hyphen comment.

I started writing the other post but stopped midway because it wasn’t worth my time.

This hyphenated last name man got all four boosters….
What?

…the United States of America and particularly her leadership role…
NOTAMS:
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Do you consider that to be a significant sum of money for this organization?

I’m really having trouble figuring what people here think this union should be doing, or spending money on. According to the majority here we shouldn’t hold a training conference to have knowledgeable reps, our NEB shouldn’t meet in person and be available for members to speak with, they shouldn’t meet with industry leaders and establish relationships with the companies that want to shape this profession to make their company’s money. Im really not sure what you want them to do besides no renew one of the multiple contracts this union negotiates.

I feel like the majority of people here are so short sighted, they forget that over the years this union has demonstrated success upon success. Sure there were struggles along the way, as would be expected. This union has a stress tested roadmap to future success, but instead of following it we’d rather save money for god knows what, and isolate.
I don't think 10k is that significant but I don't really understand why NATCA spends money on some organization that has little to no power in bargaining with the FAA. Does the FAA/NATCA not already have workgroups working with ICAO counterparts?

As for significant money, the 250k in cleaning fees, the 50 to 60k in BBQ, and several other things are crazy to me plus the tens of thousands spent for "membership gifts" per the LM-4 for 2023

I don't think 10k is that significant but I don't really understand why NATCA spends money on some organization that has little to no power in bargaining with the FAA. Does the FAA/NATCA not already have workgroups working with ICAO counterparts?

As for significant money, the 250k in cleaning fees, the 50 to 60k in BBQ, and several other things are crazy to me plus the tens of thousands spent for "membership gifts" per the LM-4 for 2023
1 million to negotiate the contract is too much tho. Whatever that even means.

1 million to negotiate the contract is too much tho. Whatever that even means.
Overall I can't stand NATCA national. They're detached from the operation just like upper management. Useless and getting nothing meaningful done. NCEPT and the training Initiative have complete fucked over CPCs.

I say this as someone actually involved at the local level and someone that WAS a PAC contributor up until I got tired of National not looking out for my facility.

This is the problem…..you fundamentally don’t understand what a labor union is or what the role of our national executive board is. We don’t elect these people to work airplanes with a title. We elect them to run the $30 million dollar a year organization that we are shareholders of…. The president of Natca is literally the CEO of Natca, it’s spelled out in the constitution….if you want an organization that only operates to negotiate contracts, and wouldn’t even be able to do that effectively without respect from the industry, change the constitution and the makeup of this organization.
These people aren't elected. The run unopposed and are handpicked by their predecessors. It's a good ol boys club and us air traffic controllers aint in it

Overall I can't stand NATCA national. They're detached from the operation just like upper management. Useless and getting nothing meaningful done. NCEPT and the training Initiative have complete fucked over CPCs.

I say this as someone actually involved at the local level and someone that WAS a PAC contributor up until I got tired of National not looking out for my facility.
They literally should work airplanes. At least the reps have to show their face on the floor. And my observation is a lot of the reps are just as annoyed as us but they are stuck and don’t want to ruin their future upgrade to full time national scammer

Back
Top Bottom