NEB meeting in Hawaii

If they’re so unpopular run against them. If it’s so cushy why isn’t there 100 candidates.
24/7 365. Maybe if you’re lucky Tuesday
-Thursday away from home best case scenario …..every week…. Start to think 6/8s not so bad….

It’s a shame that this thread has become such a dumpster fire because questioning the optics/rationale of having the NEB meeting in Honolulu is perfectly legitimate. Unfortunately then someone says something batshit like “why do we need an NEB at all?!” followed by “You should fun for RVP bro.”

No they want them to meet on zoom like every other company
I don't feel like you have worked for many companies, if you don't think companies do in person meetings. My spouse has worked remotely since long before covid, and has 4-6 trips per year just for in person meetings.

Like someone else said, NEB is supposed to meet in person. If you don't like it, go to convention, submit an amendment, and argue your point.

People out here acting like Hawaii’s not a state where there there aren’t any NATCA represented employees
Hawaii is a state with BUEs, yes. It’s also a state that costs about 3x as much as every other state to travel to. If I were in charge I would make a point to visit at the very least HCF and post about it publicly and maybe even pictures flying home after the meeting is done.

Edit: The reason the NEB travels for their monthly meetings is to meet with BUEs. If you’re going to travel to a place that is known as a dream vacation spot you better make a point to meet with as many BUEs as possible. Now if you’ll excuse me I am now the Art. 114 rep of public image.

Last edited:
The back and forth on this thread is odd. Controversial as the NEB meeting in Honolulu is, there is very obviously frustration over how the union is carrying out its most important purpose - collective bargaining to increase the pay and benefits of its members. With every one of the hundreds of NATCA emails I receive, I feel less like I’m in a union and more like I’m in a workgroup.

It’s frustrating to watch aviation colleagues in the US, and ATC colleagues overseas, make massive improvements to their pay/ benefits/ working conditions while our union is seemingly silent. At the very least, could we get just one email that acknowledges our frustration? Our pay has very obviously underperformed inflation and peers. NATCA should be furious about that, and it seems they’re not.

But who knows maybe I’m just greedy.

The back and forth on this thread is odd. Controversial as the NEB meeting in Honolulu is, there is very obviously frustration over how the union is carrying out its most important purpose - collective bargaining to increase the pay and benefits of its members. With every one of the hundreds of NATCA emails I receive, I feel less like I’m in a union and more like I’m in a workgroup.

It’s frustrating to watch aviation colleagues in the US, and ATC colleagues overseas, make massive improvements to their pay/ benefits/ working conditions while our union is seemingly silent. At the very least, could we get just one email that acknowledges our frustration? Our pay has very obviously underperformed inflation and peers. NATCA should be furious about that, and it seems they’re not.

Nope, not greedy. The struggle is real. I’ve said it before, but the withholding/limiting info by unions of all stripes, is by design, it creates dependence and power.

I love unions maybe more than anyone in here but it’s okay to recognize the shortcomings of ours. We all saw what happened when Zilonis ran. That’s why people don’t run. No one wants to be blackballed by every other part of the union. You don’t have to shill every part of it. You don’t have to have NEB meetings in Hawaii. You don’t have to have classes in Vegas. Yes they’re more fun, but like other people said they’re more costly too. If it costs a million to renegotiate then they should have had plenty in the coffers to do it instead of the bullshit well we didn’t wanna go asking for more when negotiations were almost done. The union is always supposed to ask for more. The whole getting baby leave thing isn’t a win for the union like they think it is.

Welcome to being a government employee in the US. It has its perks but high pay won’t ever be one of them.

It’s a shame that this thread has become such a dumpster fire because questioning the optics/rationale of having the NEB meeting in Honolulu is perfectly legitimate. Unfortunately then someone says something batshit like “why do we need an NEB at all?!” followed by “You should fun for RVP bro.”
Why it’s not like they were gonna come in here and defend their trip

They should just go to Traverse City every time. In fact it should be such an undesirable job that everyone runs unopposed, oh wait…
Surely you understand the difference between meeting somewhere like OKC and Hawaii man. I appreciate the hard work you do but national doesn’t get the same pass

I think one of the most insulting things NATCA did was try to pitch the baby leave thing and the no layoffs during COVID at NATCA specific wins.

99% of the general membership knows that’s nuts, but they were even pitching that hard to local and regional NATCA legislative leaders lol, people who know way better.
After they let the bill pass with the language that excluded us without saying anything. They originally said we got it and then someone actually read it and found out we were excluded

Back
Top Bottom