NEST info

You really trust local managment to properly handle their staffing and now you want to add recruitment? They are the reason we have the ncept. You’re hilarious.
If staffing at traditionally hard to staff lower level facilities drops below a certain number, hr should put out direct hire previous experience bids for those places. Takes local management out of the equation.

I imagine all the locals in ACK would be stoked to be a federal employee and still locally poor. People seem to forget how filtered down the application to CPC numbers are, hiring in hard to staff facilities would be a huge put of burning money to get certifications.

Though placing a wider scope for placement would obviously alleviate some of the issues, local hiring would be a gross mismanagement of funds.

I imagine all the locals in ACK would be stoked to be a federal employee and still locally poor. People seem to forget how filtered down the application to CPC numbers are, hiring in hard to staff facilities would be a huge put of burning money to get certifications.

Though placing a wider scope for placement would obviously alleviate some of the issues, local hiring would be a gross mismanagement of funds.
Why? You just educate more people about the job and they get a stipulation that if they pass they get to stay where they already live. In any of these hard to staff towns there are people making less than a CPC would make. Or even an AG. But of course you pick the most off the wall example of a tiny island in a rich neighborhood

Keep an eye on the JYO test because that’s how they’re going to fix the staffing issue at expensive towers like ACK.
While true for others, more like BMT, I don't think that would work for ACK.

What other facility has an Outer and an Inner Local? It's basically run *like* a Class C, but with just the Class D rules.

And then the days that "ACK Cracks?" As in they literally ran out of parking and that last arrival can't exit the runway? And that's with the other two runways used for parking.

A remote tower there would be a bad idea!

While true for others, more like BMT, I don't think that would work for ACK.

What other facility has an Outer and an Inner Local? It's basically run *like* a Class C, but with just the Class D rules.

And then the days that "ACK Cracks?" As in they literally ran out of parking and that last arrival can't exit the runway? And that's with the other two runways used for parking.

A remote tower there would be a bad idea!
Won’t stop the faa from pushing it ?‍♂️

It’s not possible if you want to staff all 300+ faa facilities, someone has to work there. The placement is a contributing factor, but when you have all those options to fill you get a work force stretched thin
I don’t want to put words in your mouth. Are you really saying improving placement processes is impossible? Guys I think we found the Agency guy that created these policies.

I don’t want to put words in your mouth. Are you really saying improving placement processes is impossible? Guys I think we found the Agency guy that created these policies.
It’s weird how most of the old timers at my fac are from the area but the new ones aren’t and all have ERRs in

Why? You just educate more people about the job and they get a stipulation that if they pass they get to stay where they already live. In any of these hard to staff towns there are people making less than a CPC would make. Or even an AG. But of course you pick the most off the wall example of a tiny island in a rich neighborhood

Like educating people on vaccines and masks, there are places where the willing population wouldn't be enough to draw from (ACK). On top of the amount of people sifted through to get a a few hundred eligible for the academy, the process itself to find a single person from a local population that is willing/able to certify would be a massive waste of money versus the ease that they have with it now.

Getting the FAA to sink money into something like that would be impossible. Better initial placement is needed, but hiring from local areas wouldn't be possible by itself.

Like educating people on vaccines and masks, there are places where the willing population wouldn't be enough to draw from (ACK). On top of the amount of people sifted through to get a a few hundred eligible for the academy, the process itself to find a single person from a local population that is willing/able to certify would be a massive waste of money versus the ease that they have with it now.

Getting the FAA to sink money into something like that would be impossible. Better initial placement is needed, but hiring from local areas wouldn't be possible by itself.
You keep saying ACK. But what about ZOA or ZNY or ZLA or any of these places with millions of people but the continue to forced people from
Timbucktoo. But also if an ACK guy does apply to control they should get to choose ACK even if it’s only 300th on the list.

Really the best way to go about it is to create a list of designated shitty places. For terminal, I'm talking like your ASE's, FAI's, and ACK's of the world. Center would be your ZNY's and ZOA's. These should be permanent alternates on every academy list. Any time someone volunteers to go, you send them there regardless of how backed up on training they are or where they are at on the list. Those are your tier 1 shitty places. Then they could designate like a 2nd tier of terrible places that no one wants to go to but they're not as bad as the other places. Like ALO or EVV could be your tier 2 shitholes, where they are also permanent alternates available to so long as they are in the top 150 on the academy list. I think that's really the only way to improve the current system.

Trying to place prior experience fast tracks at shitty places would likely just be a way for them to take whatever they could get just to get their foot in the door. Maybe it could work if they were barred from submitting an err for like 5 years or so.

You keep saying ACK. But what about ZOA or ZNY or ZLA or any of these places with millions of people but the continue to forced people from
Timbucktoo. But also if an ACK guy does apply to control they should get to choose ACK even if it’s only 300th on the list.
At least they get 10+ pay instead of 4-7. Makes a huge difference.

How is that? Forrest service doesn’t hire people to anywhere in the USA. The opening might be “National” but the ad leads to a local
If you have the same bid type (national bid for one area) then all 30k people who want to get their foot in the door will apply, regardless where they live. Much like when I was hired they had statewide hiring bids and I applied to every state that had a bid out.

And then when they get in and certify they will come on here and bitch about the hiring process and being “forced” to go to that facility and blah blah blah.

Back
Top Bottom