NEST info

Blame the FAA, not the person.
Don’t hate da playar hate da game.

I actually do believe that now. I used to hate those people who would game the system but the systems are now so broken, so ingrained, and so beyond critique that you just need to adjust to the new set of rules as fucked up as they are and game them when you can, as a lot of legitimate paths to things are forever closed.

No they did not. People will always scam whatever system is in place. Then a different set of people will bitch and others will scam when that new system is in place.
They built a system Knowing we all agreed we would go anywhere and never gave us any guanretees to get where we wanted and assumed people wouldn’t scam. So now you want them to prevent that? Not possible.
Don’t waste your time anyways, you wouldn’t make it. ?

No they did not. People will always scam whatever system is in place. Then a different set of people will bitch and others will scam when that new system is in place.
They built a system Knowing we all agreed we would go anywhere and never gave us any guanretees to get where we wanted and assumed people wouldn’t scam. So now you want them to prevent that? Not possible.
It’s possible to prevent the nest lotto. It’s possible to improve all the placement processes. Lots of possible paths forward. Most people take the job with atleast a reasonable expectation they’ll be able to transfer eventually if they want. Some are delusional and still don’t realize they’re not going to DFW literally ever. But how long would you have to be stuck in Billings before your ethics started to slip?

It’s possible to prevent the nest lotto. It’s possible to improve all the placement processes. Lots of possible paths forward. Most people take the job with atleast a reasonable expectation they’ll be able to transfer eventually if they want. Some are delusional and still don’t realize they’re not going to DFW literally ever. But how long would you have to be stuck in Billings before your ethics started to slip?
No, you can get to dfw by transferring to a level 9 facility and finding a nice lady or man who needs some help in the Dallas area.

They forced people to moved thousands of miles from home when they got hired. That’s the root problem
Forced? I didn’t see that anywhere in the job description. I did read that you volunteer to work anywhere in the US. I do agree the system could use an overhaul, but I don’t expect it. I had no idea what ATC was let alone transferring or seniority when I applied. I wish I’d never turned down my first offer lol, I’d have an extra two years of seniority!

BIL is a dream compared to a lot of places bruh

Forced? I didn’t see that anywhere in the job description. I did read that you volunteer to work anywhere in the US. I do agree the system could use an overhaul, but I don’t expect it. I had no idea what ATC was let alone transferring or seniority when I applied. I wish I’d never turned down my first offer lol, I’d have an extra two years of seniority!
I mean yah. If they tried at least a little to get as many people to their location preference as possible it would cut down on a ton of transfers and make it easier for everyone else to transfer. Especially in en route.

It’s not possible if you want to staff all 300+ faa facilities, someone has to work there. The placement is a contributing factor, but when you have all those options to fill you get a work force stretched thin

It’s not possible if you want to staff all 300+ faa facilities, someone has to work there. The placement is a contributing factor, but when you have all those options to fill you get a work force stretched thin
They need to hire locally. These are some of the best paying jobs in some of these tiny towns. And believe it or not people already live in these towns.

They need to hire locally. These are some of the best paying jobs in some of these tiny towns. And believe it or not people already live in these towns.
If these people wanted these jobs they would already be applying. If these people then made it at their first facility under the current system then where are they and why aren’t they putting jn paperwork back to those small facilities? You’ll end up with facilities you can’t staff a d ultimately have to force people to go there.

FAA is one of the few agencies that doesn’t do direct hiring of experienced applicants to pre disclosed locales.
And the way placement from the academy is done is awful. Expecting people to uproot their life to go to the academy and then just go to random facilities without any pre disclosure is ridiculous.

If these people wanted these jobs they would already be applying. If these people then made it at their first facility under the current system then where are they and why aren’t they putting jn paperwork back to those small facilities? You’ll end up with facilities you can’t staff a d ultimately have to force people to go there.
They don’t know about it. Why can’t the local ATM do some job fairs or some shit at the local community college. In any other job in the world local management is responsible for producing adequate staffing.

FAA is one of the few agencies that doesn’t do direct hiring of experienced applicants to pre disclosed locales.
And the way placement from the academy is done is awful. Expecting people to uproot their life to go to the academy and then just go to random facilities without any pre disclosure is ridiculous.
I agree, this is why 70% of people want to transfer and there are so many hardship scams.

They don’t know about it. Why can’t the local ATM do some job fairs or some shit at the local community college. In any other job in the world local management is responsible for producing adequate staffing.
You really trust local managment to properly handle their staffing and now you want to add recruitment? They are the reason we have the ncept. You’re hilarious.

You really trust local managment to properly handle their staffing and now you want to add recruitment? They are the reason we have the ncept. You’re hilarious.
I dunno a manager of a wal mart can do it. A manager of an air traffic control tower can’t?

and this wouldn’t be the only hiring path. But when you need people to work in pasco I think pasco would be a good place to look.

Back
Top Bottom