NEST info

Sounds good. I'm hoping that is still the case. Thank you for the info
So a cpcit withdrawal freezes the number your previous facility staffing the day you withdraw from training. So say it’s 95% projected and you request the fast track option. They certify 25 CPCs that puts you previous facility at 250% staffing, you still go back. Now if you request a list of facilities the rules change. I believe your number is no longer frozen and you could end up not going back to that facility but will be given the option of other facilities you qualify for.

And the nest fast track option I believe does not follow nest meetings. If you want back faster, find some numbers and call them. That’ll get them to work faster

So a cpcit withdrawal freezes the number your previous facility staffing the day you withdraw from training. So say it’s 95% projected and you request the fast track option. They certify 25 CPCs that puts you previous facility at 250% staffing, you still go back. Now if you request a list of facilities the rules change. I believe your number is no longer frozen and you could end up not going back to that facility but will be given the option of other facilities you qualify for.

And the nest fast track option I believe does not follow nest meetings. If you want back faster, find some numbers and call them. That’ll get them to work faster
Perfect. This is the info that I was seeking to a T. Thanks bud

This seems abysmal, it is a much worse deal then prior, few facilities meet this criteria, and almost no "good" facilities will. This should warrant a new thread discussion. Do you think that these ultra tough rules on CPCIT wash out will fundamentally change the way people go about NCEPT. Being much less likely to move and make 5+ level facility jumps, or only transfer to places you truly love.
I hope so. You should not be rewarded for failure. The "NEST Lottery" people have been playing is bunch of BS. If you wash you should go back to your last facility if there is a slot or wherever the FAA needs a body. Send a few washouts to ACK, ASE or FAI and people will think twice before bidding a facility they dont want to be at.

I hope so. You should not be rewarded for failure. The "NEST Lottery" people have been playing is bunch of BS. If you wash you should go back to your last facility if there is a slot or wherever the FAA needs a body. Send a few washouts to ACK, ASE or FAI and people will think twice before bidding a facility they dont want to be at.
Most people withdraw from training because they ended up in over their heads.
Nobody is bidding out to facilities they don’t want to go to just to go to nest.
“Punishing withdrawals”… you sound like you have an axe to grind.

Most people withdraw from training because they ended up in over their heads.
Nobody is bidding out to facilities they don’t want to go to just to go to nest.
“Punishing withdrawals”… you sound like you have an axe to grind.
Some people may. If you’re in the “any way out” camp the NEST lotto is not unreasonable.

Some people may. If you’re in the “any way out” camp the NEST lotto is not unreasonable.
I could see it now actually. Shithole to a high priority facility like N90 then withdraw for a lotto.

tbh the best way to keep it fair would be sending that person back to where they came, regardless of staffing. Them returning to a facility they were successful at would make it easier for someone else to get out.

Giving people hard to staff places as punishment for withdrawing from training just seems like a way to disincentive people from bidding high priority places where they might find themselves in over their heads.

I could see it now actually. Shithole to a high priority facility like N90 then withdraw for a lotto.

tbh the best way to keep it fair would be sending that person back to where they came, regardless of staffing. Them returning to a facility they were successful at would make it easier for someone else to get out.

Giving people hard to staff places as punishment for withdrawing from training just seems like a way to disincentive people from bidding high priority places where they might find themselves in over their heads.
What it would do is make people take a long hard look at themselves and really think about if they have the skills necessary to go from a low level tower only to a high level tracon or tower. The FAA has wasted a lot of time and resources training people who made a jump too high for their skill level. The nest lotto also screws controllers in other facilities who have errs to some of these places the washouts are getting. It sucks for the people who put the effort in, but rewarding failure in a job like ours is not the way to go.

It doesn’t apply to N90/C90 or PHL bid or LAX/A80 (now defunct) because those MOUs protected against NEST lotto. Applies to everywhere else though

Last edited:
What it would do is make people take a long hard look at themselves and really think about if they have the skills necessary to go from a low level tower only to a high level tracon or tower. The FAA has wasted a lot of time and resources training people who made a jump too high for their skill level. The nest lotto also screws controllers in other facilities who have errs to some of these places the washouts are getting. It sucks for the people who put the effort in, but rewarding failure in a job like ours is not the way to go.
Send them back where they came from, then. Do not let them keep any pay raises outside of yearly raises based off their pay at the facility they left.
The unintended consequences of your idea is that people should also be more hesitant to try a hard facility or somewhere with a low success rate if they are going to ACK if they withdraw from training.

You are heatless, you must be a landlord on your days off.

Send them back where they came from, then. Do not let them keep any pay raises outside of yearly raises based off their pay at the facility they left.
The unintended consequences of your idea is that people should also be more hesitant to try a hard facility or somewhere with a low success rate if they are going to ACK if they withdraw from training.
This is how fast track works.

Who hurt you fam? Where are you stuck because someone beat you on an ERR spot?
Yep. A withdrawal from here got to go to my hometown facility which I have been trying to get to for years. The thing that pisses me off is that he and some of the other transfers we got study the NCEPT PPT more than they study anything here. They openly talk about quitting and getting to pick a facility where they really want to be. You can see my frustration with the ncept lottery.

Yep. A withdrawal from here got to go to my hometown facility which I have been trying to get to for years. The thing that pisses me off is that he and some of the other transfers we got study the NCEPT PPT more than they study anything here. They openly talk about quitting and getting to pick a facility where they really want to be. You can see my frustration with the ncept lottery.
Blame the FAA, not the person.

Nope. The FAA didnt force people to bid here and they didnt force people to self eliminate once they got here.
But they did force people to do whatever they can think of to get movement

Yes there’s been no progress here but the union does care about this and the agency does not

But they did force people to do whatever they can think of to get movement
No they did not. People will always scam whatever system is in place. Then a different set of people will bitch and others will scam when that new system is in place.
They built a system Knowing we all agreed we would go anywhere and never gave us any guanretees to get where we wanted and assumed people wouldn’t scam. So now you want them to prevent that? Not possible.

Back
Top Bottom