Post Covid19 ERR or Sup bid transfer Status?

Bilt2spl

Anybody with a release date scheduled for April or after what’s the status of your dates?

I have one coming up in September that I had requested to get moved up for summer time to get ready for kids to start school but don’t see that happening and not interested in asking as covid has caused a lot more questions than answers.

are people still moving and being listed on excused absence or does the FAA have plans to move it?

We have one in the area leaving as a supe. His date is this month, remains unchanged and he’ll be non-essential on his date.

Anybody with a release date scheduled for April or after what’s the status of your dates?

I have one coming up in September that I had requested to get moved up for summer time to get ready for kids to start school but don’t see that happening and not interested in asking as covid has caused a lot more questions than answers.

are people still moving and being listed on excused absence or does the FAA have plans to move it?

I’ve heard of people offering to stay at their current facility to keep things running, but getting their pay raise, if applicable, on the transfer date, with the report date TBD

As of right now dates are still being honored and people are being put on excused absence. You can postpone your release if you want, but I can’t see them moving anyone’s date up at this point.

Me and another guy here agreed to continue working at our current facility to help make 3 crews, but still transfer on paper and get a raise on our release date. We’ll be done here whenever the schedule goes back to normal.

As of right now dates are still being honored and people are being put on excused absence. You can postpone your release if you want, but I can’t see them moving anyone’s date up at this point.

Me and another guy here agreed to continue working at our current facility to help make 3 crews, but still transfer on paper and get a raise on our release date. We’ll be done here whenever the schedule goes back to normal.
How does that work from a liability standpoint if you’re not technically employees anymore of the facility you’re working at

Still certified and current to work there.
I understand from an operational standpoint it’s fine. But what if they have a fatal? The lawyers are going to see that the controller was technically working for and getting paid by XYZ facility, but working traffic at ABC. They’d likely have some issues with it is all I’m saying.

I haven’t asked too many questions on the finer details but I imagine it will be along the same lines as a temporary assignment, kind of like working OSH or something. Except much less traffic.

I understand from an operational standpoint it’s fine. But what if they have a fatal? The lawyers are going to see that the controller was technically working for and getting paid by XYZ facility, but working traffic at ABC. They’d likely have some issues with it is all I’m saying.
We all work for the faa not for a specific facility.

Here's my experience.

I asked and asked and asked, "Are you sure I'm good to move while this is going on?" I was told by management and NATCA to move as scheduled. So move I did. Now I sit at my new home collecting a check while on admin leave for who knows how long.

Not a bad gig... to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom