So I’m filling out the EODS form and one question ask about past convictions. In my case I have one I made a dumb mistake of driving after having a few drinks while I was 21. I’m 26 now and haven’t drinked since was wondering if my mistake is a nail in the coffin or just a speed bump in terms of employment. I say this because since this happened I haven’t gotten in trouble and have a clean record. Also I did a lot of work after the DUI by attending victim panels, getting a alcohol evaluation which showed no dependency. Wondering if I should disclose this on the EODS form or wait until I get the interview with the flight surgeon or my background check agent.

I'd disclose it. You don't think if you had a security interview, you're backround agent wouldn't ask about why do didn't list it? Honesty is usually the best policy. Most of those things are not a big deal if they've happened years ago. Domestic abuse though, you'd be screwed
I’m going to disclose it of course. I subscribe to honestly is the best policy. I’m more so inquiring if it’s the kiss of death in terms of employment in being a ATC and going to the academy

I’m going to disclose it of course. I subscribe to honestly is the best policy. I’m more so inquiring if it’s the kiss of death in terms of employment in being a ATC and going to the academy
I can't say for sure. I do know that I listed i've done drugs in the past 7 years when it came up. But it was before I joined the military and obviously they drug test in the military and in the FAA so they din't care

I think lying is first to disqualify right next to tax issues. I have coworkers who have DUIs and it didn’t ruin their chances. The only other consideration may be timeframe, but when you have your interview, they’ll talk about the DUI. Just bring some documentation of the dependency test and victim panels to show it isn’t a possible issue that will return and I’d wager that would present a good case for yourself if there was any question.

So I’m filling out the EODS form and one question ask about past convictions. In my case I have one I made a dumb mistake of driving after having a few drinks while I was 21. I’m 26 now and haven’t drinked since was wondering if my mistake is a nail in the coffin or just a speed bump in terms of employment. I say this because since this happened I haven’t gotten in trouble and have a clean record. Also I did a lot of work after the DUI by attending victim panels, getting a alcohol evaluation which showed no dependency. Wondering if I should disclose this on the EODS form or wait until I get the interview with the flight surgeon or my background check agent.
What. You have no choice but to disclose it and if you dont they will find it and the interviewer will basically say you're a liar and kick rocks. Idk why you think not disclosing would help your situation. Answer every single question honestly and exactly what it ask.

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on if you've had enough time in between and what you've done in between. Its there so no point in worrying just fill out whats its asking and try.

What. You have no choice but to disclose it and if you dont they will find it and the interviewer will basically say you're a liar and kick rocks. Idk why you think not disclosing would help your situation. Answer every single question honestly and exactly what it ask.
I’m going to disclose the information it’s not about if I’m going to let them know or not. It’s a question of will this stop me from moving forward in the process.

I’m going to disclose the information it’s not about if I’m going to let them know or not. It’s a question of will this stop me from moving forward in the process.
Probably a case by case basis. I know I had an interview from my past drug use. In my case I had an interview about the drugs and they said ah you were an honorary discharge vet, you're good to go

You’re going to get tier 2d for your medical and it’ll be up to the flight surgeon. Theyll have you fill out a narrative and review it abs decide. I know someone that got through pre employment with 2 previous DUIs

Back
Top Bottom