Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna say, I'm not sure if people on the outside know how anti-government most our military is.

Even the highly politicized (and all of the "top" ones are) generals would not order their troops to attack US civilians. You can point to isolated instances like Kent State or not liking when the guard is brought in amid civil unrest, but to actually imply missiles and fighter jets... Never happen. Maybe people dont realize that most large city law enforcement already have aircraft, drones, armored vehicles, and explosives. dont forget they blew up the Dallas police shooter w a robot and a bomb.

People act like they can fight the US/other oppressors if they chose to rebel with their grandfathered-in M16 when the Army would just call in gunships and bomb you from miles away

Doesn't take much to fight against a modern military when no one wears uniforms and blends in with the civilian population. Look at Iraq and Afghanistan. Guerilla warfare can be very effective.

Doesn't take much to fight against a modern military when no one wears uniforms and blends in with the civilian population. Look at Iraq and Afghanistan. Guerilla warfare can be very effective.
There's a big difference when we have literally the NSA tracking every single word we type on our keyboards/phones and read all our conversations with surveillance EVERYWHERE in every major city compared to drones flying over some region in the desert in the Middle East lol. Then again the M16 vs a AC-130 was just a joke, the US isn't going to bomb any major cities it owns lol.

If we went full surveillance state we'd be way more like China, instead of getting organ harvested we'd just be sent to some black site country and never be heard from again

To protect yourself from a TYRANNICAL government.

The protests (riots) are supported by the local governments, state and city.

No training bud = 5/5
Must be nice! I’ve been recalled and working a normal schedule with OT mixed in for over two months now. So I get to work next to everyone without social distancing but not train because NATCA wants you to keep 5/5.

People act like they can fight the US/other oppressors if they chose to rebel with their grandfathered-in M16 when the Army would just call in gunships and bomb you from miles away
I bet there’s some Vietnamese that would disagree and also, most military wouldn’t attack civilians. They are loyal to the constitution, not some stupid politician

I bet there’s some Vietnamese that would disagree and also, most military wouldn’t attack civilians. They are loyal to the constitution, not some stupid politician
I bet there’s enough that would if you told them you’re attacking the other side

The U.S. was winning that on a military front, after the Tet Offensive the VietCong were practically obliterated. The loss of the war overall was a political point and the South Vietnamese inability to sustain itself. Similar to Afghanistan the loss isn't from fighting, it's the civilian side that loses support for the cause.

I bet there’s enough that would if you told them you’re attacking the other side

I can guarantee there isn't, discipline is strong yeah, but the duty to disobey is hugely touted by senior leadership. This could have changed after my time, but it's not an uncommon discussion among us while I was in, a lot more loyalty to the people vs the regime.

Reactions: --
I once was in the military and this discussion has been had many times, the answer was always if no, they take an oath to the constitution " that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same "

To protect yourself from a TYRANNICAL government. So far we've seen arms heroically displayed at anti mask rallies, not heroically displayed when federal officers are sweeping people of the street.

Most pro 2nd amendment people know that the 1st amendment says "peacefully assemble" well enough to not give a shit what happens to bunch of commie looters who want to take our guns.

In other news how long do you guys give college football and the nfl before the seasons get cancelled. Is the NFL doing a bubble like the other leagues are?

In other news how long do you guys give college football and the nfl before the seasons get cancelled. Is the NFL doing a bubble like the other leagues are?
Football is living in a fantasy world. The colleges are in a disaster with covid cases.

i think some nfl teams are planning on having fans. The first nfl team outbreak is going to be mayhem.

Football is living in a fantasy world. The colleges are in a disaster with covid cases.

i think some nfl teams are planning on having fans. The first nfl team outbreak is going to be mayhem.
Yeah I heard Alabama was telling professors to not talk about covid, I give the NFL four weeks before the season is done

College football will be a disaster. NFL they could run it like training camp and it would be fine. Every other major sport is running ok. Baseball had the initial fuckery but since then has really gone off without a hitch. You’ll also notice that the MLB issues stemmed from idiot players putting themselves in high risk scenarios. If the NFL suspended players who knowingly did the same for two or three games, it’ll be fine.

College football will be a disaster. NFL they could run it like training camp and it would be fine. Every other major sport is running ok. Baseball had the initial fuckery but since then has really gone off without a hitch. You’ll also notice that the MLB issues stemmed from idiot players putting themselves in high risk scenarios. If the NFL suspended players who knowingly did the same for two or three games, it’ll be fine.
it’ll be interesting to see for sure. I feel bad for players in college who have to play to keep their scholarship who don’t want to risk getting sick. wish college sports in its current state didn’t exist

There's a big difference when we have literally the NSA tracking every single word we type on our keyboards/phones and read all our conversations with surveillance EVERYWHERE in every major city compared to drones flying over some region in the desert in the Middle East lol. Then again the M16 vs a AC-130 was just a joke, the US isn't going to bomb any major cities it owns lol.

If we went full surveillance state we'd be way more like China, instead of getting organ harvested we'd just be sent to some black site country and never be heard from again

Absolutely would look very different if the world ever got that crazy which I don’t think it will. Thankfully I don’t think we’re approaching a time where citizens are being sent to black sites.

Yeah I heard Alabama was telling professors to not talk about covid, I give the NFL four weeks before the season is done
Baseball shows how messy a non bubble season is. The difference is a baseball team can play 9 games in a week to get back on track. Football not so much.

I don’t think the mil would attack civilians until some civilians started attacking the mil. But I know some people who if they were told they were going to be shooting BLM/Libtards would pack extra magazines.
The mil is just like us. They would probably break into different factions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom