Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the need to chime in here so please forgive me.

You forget that the North Vietnamese were ideologically committed individuals who were ready and willing to implement Vietnamese independence at all costs after years of occupation. The Vietnam war started out as such but eventually morphed into the position of Vietnamisation, hoping that the South Vietnamese would be able to stand up against the National Liberation Front for South Vietnam (Viet Cong) and PAVN incursions form the North and West. The Viet Cong started out a multiparty organisation with the aim of driving out all "oppressors" but with attrition and Hanoi's influence, the multiparty individuals that were left became marginalised thereby ensuring Hanoi's complete control over the Viet Cong.

We have not even covered the Republic of Vietnam Army (ARVN) which man for man eventually completely dominated (18th ARVN Division and Rangers for example) the Viet Cong and PAVN in the field. The key issues can directly be traced back to a corrupted Government/Officer Corps at a division level and above (the biggest issues) combined with the elimination of aid by Ford Administration. People forget the ARVN was the 5th largest and most experienced Army in the world when it came to Counter Insurgency (COIN) operations.

The politics of South Vietnam are an interesting case study because the constant fear by the various governments of coups never allowed them to fully concentrate the best of their divisions in the field against the Viet Cong/PAVN. We struggled to "Win their Hearts and Mind" but whatever progress we made would quickly become undone by the South Vietnamese government in some act against the civilian populace (see the oppression of Buddhism as a prime example) and the "Strategic Hamlet" program.

Now you mention technology which begs me to ask you how long did Osama bin Laden maintain his position without compromising it for so long? People... Again we circle back to those who are ideologically committed to the "cause" and no amount of force or pressure can ever dissuade them or replace their beliefs. The threat of "oppression" can make people do what is necessary to survive no regardless of the cost.

Let us not forget the immortal words of Ho Chi Minh "You can kill ten of our men for every one we kill of yours. But even at those odds, you will lose and we will win. "
here lies beavis never scored.gif

Wtf is up with this bullshit "micro learning" odo elms? It's 5 parts, about 5 mins long and you have to wait 24 hrs before continuing on to the next part.

I wouldn't take issue with it but I found it funny my supe told me yesterday it needs to be done by Monday. After reading the description I laughed because the math don't add up.

26 hours till Monday, 5 parts, 24hrs between each part =96hrs.

Ps I'm half tempted to video tape that "Mr mayhem" knockoff and send it to allstate. Let's see what they think of the faa's reimagining.

Wtf is up with this bullshit "micro learning" odo elms? It's 5 parts, about 5 mins long and you have to wait 24 hrs before continuing on to the next part.

I wouldn't take issue with it but I found it funny my supe told me yesterday it needs to be done by Monday. After reading the description I laughed because the math don't add up.

Ps I'm half tempted to video tape that "Mr mayhem" knockoff and send it to allstate. Let's see what they think of the faa's reimagining.
I did 1-3 and they haven’t nagged me to do 4 or 5 so I haven’t bothered

I just did that shit all at once.

Ok but how has this taken you this long. This shit been out for months.

I just did that shit all at once.
Yeah someone told me I can assign them to myself and do them but the faa can suck my boom if they think I'm doing them twice.

Ok but how has this taken you this long. This shit been out for months.
Let's see, 5/10 schedule. Supe told me yesterday. I don't live on the elms site like supes don't live on wmt.

If I have to notify mgmt that I'm taking sick they can notify me when they've assigned me an elms.

Captain obvious is either banned and this is his only way to communicate or he’s trying to get banned trololololo

Captain obvious is either banned and this is his only way to communicate or he’s trying to get banned trololololo
He currently has 1219 posts. I wonder how long it would take for a single person to track down each post and dislike them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom