Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot in any fucking universe tell me what they did to Merrick garland and what they are going to try now isn’t completely hypocritical. Please cite someone a dem has done that even pales in comparison

and with that attitude you should have no problem with the dems packing the court in janurary
I am not arguing that, what I am disagree with is the fact that you think only one party plays by the rules when we both know in our experience both parties do not and choose what applies to them.

the seat will be filled, 100%.

...yeah, he was talking about Merrick Garland, obviously. Who was the Republicans' offer, "here let's try this and they'll never nominate him." And they they did. And then McConnell didn't allow him to even sit for nomination in the Senate because it was an election year.

And when asked whether he'd similarly block a nomination in Trump's election year he smiled and said "Oh, we'd fill it."

...yeah, he was talking about Merrick Garland, obviously. Who was the Republicans' offer, "here let's try this and they'll never nominate him." And they they did. And then McConnell didn't allow him to even sit for nomination in the Senate because it was an election year.

And when asked whether he'd similarly block a nomination in Trump's election year he smiled and said "Oh, we'd fill it."

Hypocrisy 100%. Either way, the seat will be filled.

So now that Trump is going to win the election and a new SCOTUS nomination, maybe they can rule that antifa is in fact a terrorist organization?

Reactions: twn
So now that Trump is going to win the election and a new SCOTUS nomination, maybe they can rule that antifa is in fact a terrorist organization?
All the banter in this thread and you come in with this tired bullshit? lol

Pretty much. The Republican fake news isn’t actually true.
Pretty much? No... Just no... Both parties have many many faults and many times the rules have not applied to either of them. You either bury your head in the sand when Democrats run things or just choose to ignore them. If you really want I could whip up 50 examples of both parties playing by their own rules and interpretations , but let us be honest, you have already made up your own mind and are unable to view things through a bipartisan perspective.

Pretty much? No... Just no... Both parties have many many faults and many times the rules have not applied to either of them. You either bury your head in the sane when Democrats run things or just choose to ignore them. If you really want I could whip up 50 examples of both parties playing by their own rules and interpretations , but let us be honest, you have already made up your own mind and are unable to view things through a bipartisan perspective.
No they actually don’t. That’s the thing. Democrats are trying to give people health care and personal rights and the republicans giving tax cuts to billionaires and controlling women’s bodies

No they actually don’t. That’s the thing. Democrats are trying to give people health care and personal rights and the republicans giving tax cuts to billionaires and controlling women’s bodies
You are ignoring and deflecting from the statement you made and the topic you originally brought up. The road to hell is paved with the best of intentions.

Okay. Like I get it, I'm a progressive and to me the Dems are not as liberal as I'd like. Neoliberalism is a scourge and I don't like how corporatist the mainline Democrats are. Sure.

But to look at everything that's happening and say "both sides are the same, they're all crooks, nothing matters" is... ignorant at best. I have no words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom