Shoot The Breeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun facts-

the taliban offered to hand over bin laden if we recognized them as the legitimate government of Afghanistan. We refused.

ISIS and the taliban don't like each other and have been actively fighting each other in Afghanistan for some time.

All three of those groups were funded, supplied, or directly caused by US foreign intervention and empire building in the last 4 decades. We are literally sleeping in our own shit on the Islamic terrorism front.
Yes….the Blame America First crowd. Unbelievable

Me checking back in after skimming last night:
Uh Oh Thinking GIF
Awkward Peace Out GIF by swerk
Next Time Flava Flav GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

So why should we not test those who took the Jab? Please explain it to me Mr. Gibbons. and use small words so I can understand.
I would happy agree that we should be testing everyone on a regular basis, both vaccinated and unvaccinated. I will say that from what I've read vaccinated people are still contagious, and perhaps just as contagious as unvaxxed, as you say—but (this is crucial) they are contagious for less time than unvaxxed people. Even so, it would be good to know who is currently infected and keep them out of the facilities. My guess is that "if you're vaccinated you don't have to get tested" is meant to be an incentive to encourage vaccination, which might make some amount of sense but I think giving everyone tests would be smarter.

I'm still waiting for the WHO, CDC, Fauci, and media to explain to me how COVID cases have exploded worldwide since the vaccine was introduced.
The virus mutated into a much more transmissible variant before people got vaccinated (I think Delta originated in South America last December or so but I could be misremembering). More transmissible = an explosion in cases. If not for the vaccine things would be even worse. Next time you're looking up logical fallacies take a peek at "post hoc, ergo propter hoc."

I would happy agree that we should be testing everyone on a regular basis, both vaccinated and unvaccinated. I will say that from what I've read vaccinated people are still contagious, and perhaps just as contagious as unvaxxed, as you say—but (this is crucial) they are contagious for less time than unvaxxed people. Even so, it would be good to know who is currently infected and keep them out of the facilities. My guess is that "if you're vaccinated you don't have to get tested" is meant to be an incentive to encourage vaccination, which might make some amount of sense but I think giving everyone tests would be smarter.

The virus mutated into a much more transmissible variant before people got vaccinated (I think Delta originated in South America last December or so but I could be misremembering). More transmissible = an explosion in cases. If not for the vaccine things would be even worse. Next time you're looking up logical fallacies take a peek at "post hoc, ergo propter hoc."
And they get covid less…

the whole policy is to make it uncomfortable for people to stay unvaccinated. Today delta is raising health insurance 200 bucks a month for unvaxxed

Mr. Legendary Member,
Please let me know why the FAA plans on only testing those who do not attest to getting vaccinated. Lets look over the facts:

-Vaccinated can catch and spread COVID-19
-Unvaccinated can catch and spread COVID-19
-Vaccinated people who catch the COVID-19/Wuhan Flu will likely have very very very very mild symptoms because of the veracity of the vaccine. To the point they may not even know that they have the Wuhan-Flu. So those whom got the jab can now carry (undetected because the brains in this administration said they do not need to be tested) and SPREAD the deadly Wuhan Flu to unsuspecting employees both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

So why should we not test those who took the Jab? Please explain it to me Mr. Gibbons. and use small words so I can understand.
You mean if I submit to 20 seconds of mild discomfort per day/week/whatever I could lower the chances of being around someone with covid or giving it to others? Where do I sign up?

Mr. Gibbons, AKA Legendary Member, you did not answer the question. The question was: Why are Federal Agencies not planning on testing the vaccinated employees?
Remember......explain is clearly for me so I can understand your wickid smaats.

And they get covid less…

the whole policy is to make it uncomfortable for people to stay unvaccinated. Today delta is raising health insurance 200 bucks a month for unvaxxed
No use the "Science" as to why we will only test one group of employees for COVID when both groups of employees can catch and spread it. Also explain to me why this administration developed this plan when the CDC doesn't recommend testing people who are not showing symptoms.

The CDC Says:
1629921425792.png

So please explain why this administration is going against science and the recommendations of the CDC.

No use the "Science" as to why we will only test one group of employees for COVID when both groups of employees can catch and spread it. Also explain to me why this administration developed this plan when the CDC doesn't recommend testing people who are not showing symptoms.

The CDC Says:
View attachment 6591

So please explain why this administration is going against science and the recommendations of the CDC.
No they are literally doing it to punish anti vaxxers. You are being punished for being a bad boy

Yes….the Blame America First crowd. Unbelievable
Rightly so, if you look at the facts/long established history. If you continually kick yourself in the dick I'm not gonna feel bad when you come up sterile. I love my country, but acknowledging we do dumb, shortsighted, dangerous and sometimes criminal shit to advance the given policy goal of the day, and that very often bites us in the ass down the road is the first step in fixing that problem.

Now if we would have sanctioned the ever loving fuck out of Saudi Arabia and stopped buying thier oil as a response instead of two unwinnable forever wars that accomplished nothing but make more radical Islamists we'd probably on the right track, but KBR and Raytheon don't make any money if we do it that way.....so there ya have it.

Sorry if this hurts your feefees but just because America does it doesn't mean it's right, just or the "good guy option".
Mr. Gibbons, AKA Legendary Member, you did not answer the question. The question was: Why are Federal Agencies not planning on testing the vaccinated employees?
Remember......explain is clearly for me so I can understand your wickid smaats.
I don't set federal covid policy, so I don't have an answer for that, however looking at the data provided by experts on the matter it seems to me they believe (again because of that data) if everyone who could be was vaccinated the risk levels would be fairly low, even though you could still transmit covid, albeit at a much lower and less serious scale. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I guess we could have all swallowed the fish water stability chemicals a year ago and circumvented the whole problem, but I guess the deepstate isn't in the tank for big aquarium.

But hey that's just me looking at the info available not going off my gut feelings on the subject.

Don’t worry tho cus the vaccine will be mandated for all fed employees any day now. So you won’t have to worry about getting tested

Your clear implication was that scientists in the United States are making their recommendations based off of a political agenda instead of science, so given that similar recommendations are being made in many other countries all around the world (sometimes even more extreme), do you think they are all operating off of their government's "agenda", or off of science and caution.

When you say “clear implication” instead of “claim,” it’s pretty obvious even you know you’re arguing against a straw man.

Homsar's logical fallacy Google bookmark be like
View attachment 6589

You’re right, it definitely is tiring work having to deal with people on here who don’t understand logical fallacies, or can’t read. It’s so tiring.

Now if we would have sanctioned the ever loving fuck out of Saudi Arabia and stopped buying thier oil as a response instead of two unwinnable forever wars that accomplished nothing but make more radical Islamists we'd probably on the right track,
Until about 6 months ago the US was energy independent for the first times in (most of) our lifetimes. Remember? But not now, back to buying that mid east oil. Fill the tank in your hybrid lately? Starting to see how this works?

When you say “clear implication” instead of “claim,” it’s pretty obvious even you know you’re arguing against a straw man.

You’re right, it definitely is tiring work having to deal with people on here who don’t understand logical fallacies, or can’t read. It’s so tiring.
You should definitely add some reading on bad faith arguments and what constitutes that to your faves as well.

Actually, you know what? Although the liberals are a pissy, generally unlikable and eternally unhappy group, and even tho they are of the ‘often wrong never in doubt’ crew, they are a tenacious bunch! Haha

Until about 6 months ago the US was energy independent for the first times in (most of) our lifetimes. Remember? But not now, back to buying that mid east oil. Fill the tank in your hybrid lately? Starting to see how this works?
On top of that being untrue (will provide supporting info you won't read or acknowledge if you insist) I don't see what that has to do with cutting off our Saudi oil suppliers for biting the hand that feeds.

Way to totally and completely not respond whatsoever to the point I was making.

Where's logical fallacy guy when you need him. Sheesh.

On top of that being untrue (will provide supporting info you won't read or acknowledge if you insist) I don't see what that has to do with cutting off our Saudi oil suppliers for biting the hand that feeds.

Way to totally and completely not respond whatsoever to the point I was making.

Where's logical fallacy guy when you need him. Sheesh.
Wait, are you suggesting that your man Joe cutting off the pipeline has zero to do with current gas prices or our dependence on foreign oil? Surely you jest

What oil did the libs shut down in the us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom