Tower Ops Per CPC 2023

Haha! Multiple people have been written up for sicking on their forced OTs. Fun times over here.
You work the OT, and then you bang out on a day that gets you two days of in a row. Or change it up and bang out in the middle of your week. Change it up so there is no pattern. And make sure to put in the note when you request leave that you are fatigued.

You work the OT, and then you bang out on a day that gets you two days of in a row. Or change it up and bang out in the middle of your week. Change it up so there is no pattern. And make sure to put in the note when you request leave that you are fatigued.

This is the way. Damn noobs. Always work the OT and make up for it another day.

What a joke that controllers are stuck at low level towers working 500 hours of OT with a shittier pension and tsp match than their colleagues who randomly got assigned a different track for OKC.

This is the way. Damn noobs. Always work the OT and make up for it another day.
If I had the guess CNO is probably young controllers without a lot of sick leave. Makes sense to bang in when it doesn’t cost them anything

If I had the guess CNO is probably young controllers without a lot of sick leave. Makes sense to bang in when it doesn’t cost them anything
This right here. We were on 6 days last year and I had to bang the OT since I have young kids and I burnt all my sick leave dealing with them being sick and when they were born lol. (1 was before PPL)

Haha! Multiple people have been written up for sicking on their forced OTs. Fun times over here.
Calling out fatigued makes it harder for them to give you a sick leave letter. Besides, what's the worst they are gonna do? Give you some time on the beach? Fire you and lose 1/10th of their staffing?

No such thing as forced OT. A38 homie
Reality is the agency doesn't respect this. Circumstances make it impossible for the employee to work it? Well you had 28+ days to change those circumstances that were on the published schedule. The health or efficiency of the employee may be impaired, or you are fatigued? Sounds like your medical may need to be looked at.

Calling out fatigued makes it harder for them to give you a sick leave letter. Besides, what's the worst they are gonna do? Give you some time on the beach? Fire you and lose 1/10th of their staffing?
They can call for a review of your medial to examine if you are still fit for the job if you call in fatigued too often.

Reality is the agency doesn't respect this. Circumstances make it impossible for the employee to work it? Well you had 28+ days to change those circumstances that were on the published schedule. The health or efficiency of the employee may be impaired, or you are fatigued? Sounds like your medical may need to be looked at.
This argument gets old. People have shit going on and if other people had shit planned and you want to go fuck ya I can’t make the OT work sorry not sorry.
And the fatigue card and threatening of losing a medical, bet get a Doctors note saying that you need regular rest and that working 6 days a week isn’t conducive to a healthy lifestyle.
The FAA isn’t going to be handing out medical retirements because people are claiming fatigue here and there and pulling medicals non stop. Managers don’t even want that shit and will just eventually deal with the staffing they have for the day.

They can call for a review of your medial to examine if you are still fit for the job if you call in fatigued too often.
I've heard that story too, but I've never heard of it actually happening and half my Z is on a sick leave letter. What are they going to do? Pull your medical because you were tired having only 4 days off a month?

I've heard that story too, but I've never heard of it actually happening and half my Z is on a sick leave letter. What are they going to do? Pull your medical because you were tired having only 4 days off a month?
You know what helps the agency staff the building? Pulling people’s medicals. There’s no real teeth to the argument that they’ll pull our medicals

I just don’t get what point we are trying to make.
There is no point. The only people trying to make "ops per CPC" a thing are the level 4-6 tower only guys who think running a VFR pattern all day with 10 cpcs is anything like working ground at a level 10+, and think Z controllers just say "hi" and "bye" to the 8,000 flights per day they work.

I truly believe everyone needs a raise, I think nobody in our profession should be making less than 100k anywhere, but this metric is not the way and we need to put it to bed.

There is no point. The only people trying to make "ops per CPC" a thing are the level 4-6 tower only guys who think running a VFR pattern all day with 10 cpcs is anything like working ground at a level 10+, and think Z controllers just say "hi" and "bye" to the 8,000 flights per day they work.

I truly believe everyone needs a raise, I think nobody in our profession should be making less than 100k anywhere, but this metric is not the way and we need to put it to bed.
Your dildo is getting lonely you better go to bed.

Daily operating hours have something to do with it. That, and control positions. But you can’t compare yourselves at CNO to LGB SNA or BUR because you’re 0700-2100, and they’re all open longer that that each day. I’m curious what SEE’s hours are.

Now to speak heresy - you can’t complain about the minimal number of CPCs and also all have paperwork out making every effort to leave, that’s speaking out of both sides of your mouth. I know you can’t do anything about the lost medical, but the culture at CNO has always been a revolving door and nobody ever seems to take that into account.

yeah, I know the outside air smells like shit and it’s prison central. Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom