release CAT

rugbydog11

Forum Sage
I was given a Cat 2 "within 1 year" release date which was about 8 months after the 3rd quarter NCEPT panel. on the current PPT we show 21/24 which has us at cat 2, but editing the number to 22/24 shows us to go CAT 1 (3 MO).
if one of the Dev's certify prior to the 4th quarter and any release date being given, which is highly likely as 2 are very close to being done, how do I go about ensuring I get the Cat 1 release that the MOU states I am entitled to? section 12, paragraph J.
also, would it be a 3-6 months from when the panel originally met and outlined the release date windows, or would it be 3-6 months from the day we jumped back into the CAT 1 (3mo)?

I was given a Cat 2 "within 1 year" release date which was about 8 months after the 3rd quarter NCEPT panel. on the current PPT we show 21/24 which has us at cat 2, but editing the number to 22/24 shows us to go CAT 1 (3 MO).
if one of the Dev's certify prior to the 4th quarter and any release date being given, which is highly likely as 2 are very close to being done, how do I go about ensuring I get the Cat 1 release that the MOU states I am entitled to? section 12, paragraph J.
also, would it be a 3-6 months from when the panel originally met and outlined the release date windows, or would it be 3-6 months from the day we jumped back into the CAT 1 (3mo)?
Long story short. You'll be afforded a 3 month release from the moment your facility regained Cat 1 eligibility. To get this started and create the least amount of waves possible (As most ATM's don't know what to do). Notify your FacRep, ATM, RVP, and most importantly, your HR rep that sent your initial FOL of your intentions (it helps to have an attached PPT showing you guys at Cat 1.) It can be a simple email quoting that portion of the MOU and your intentions to take the Cat 1 release. We just had a ZTL-er do this and he said his HR rep was the most helpful in facilitating the process. It's basically just a courtesy telling your FacRep and ATM, but lets them know you claimed what you're entitled to in case someone behind you had the same thought. Keeping your RVP in the loop will help if there's any hiccup along the way.

Last edited:
Can CAT1 be passed down to the 2nd CAT2 person if the 1st CAT2 wants to keep their original CAT2 release date

So on this current PPT we are not showing that we can have a cat 1 release, but if one checks out, we should, and it would show in the satffing workbook. Does it absolutely need to be shown on a PPT that is only run once a month or should I push for it the day that the Dev certifies and use the staffing workbook to show the numbers?

So on this current PPT we are not showing that we can have a cat 1 release, but if one checks out, we should, and it would show in the satffing workbook. Does it absolutely need to be shown on a PPT that is only run once a month or should I push for it the day that the Dev certifies and use the staffing workbook to show the numbers?
I'd pull the excel file of the SWB on the KSN site and use that.

I'd pull the excel file of the SWB on the KSN site and use that.
The cert I needed happened yesterday apparently, so I am going through the steps... looks like I will be spending the holidays in the big easy! Hopefully this is an easy process to go through, I have already emailed the HR person, and texted my rep. I told my ATM a few weeks ago of my intentions.

The cert I needed happened yesterday apparently, so I am going through the steps... looks like I will be spending the holidays in the big easy! Hopefully this is an easy process to go through, I have already emailed the HR person, and texted my rep. I told my ATM a few weeks ago of my intentions.
How did your ATM take it? Mine likes to act like the release policy doesn't exist.

For everyone selected last panel, these are all the people who can have their release changed to a CAT 1 release.

From - To
JAN - IAH
CHS - ZTL
JAN - ZTL
OMA - ZTL
PDK - ZTL
JNU - ZTL
TWF - ZTL
AVL - ZJX
RFD - MDW
ZKC - I90
FLL - ZOB
LEX - MSY
SJC - SFO
CCR - ZLC
POU - ZNY
HEF - IAD
RIC - IAD
LEX - SDF
IND - D01
ZKC - ZFW
LAN - ZAB
ZKC - AUS
CPS - DAB
BFI - SEA
BFI - SEA
MRI - ANC
SDL - DVT

If you know any of these people, make sure to let them know if they're unaware.

EDITED: 8/31/17

Last edited:
For everyone selected last panel, these are all the people who can have their release changed to a CAT 1 release.

From - TO
JAN - IAH
CHS - ZTL
JAN - ZTL
OMA - ZTL
PDK - ZTL
JNU - ZTL
TWF - ZTL
ADS - DFW
AVL - ZJX
RFD - MDW
VRB - DTW
ZKC - I90
FLL - ZOB
LEX - MSY
SJC - SFO
TPA - MIA
CCR - ZLC
POU - ZNY
HEF - IAD
RIC - IAD
SMF - NCT
LEX - SDF
CMI - SDF
IND - D01
BJC - D01
ZKC - ZFW
LAN - ZAB
MYF - SCT
ZKC - AUS
MHT - A90
CPS - DAB
BFI - SEA
BFI - SEA
MRI - ANC
SDL - DVT
TVC - ADS

If you know any of these people, make sure to let them know if they're unaware.
Don't forget the people from the panel before that....

Has anyone gotten any sort of anything from HR or their ATMs that are on this list? Am I just super impatient or is this seriously taking forever for them to just say "3 months from when you were eligible, you go". I can never get ahold of HR. I'm tempted to start calling the NCEPT people.

Has anyone gotten any sort of anything from HR or their ATMs that are on this list? Am I just super impatient or is this seriously taking forever for them to just say "3 months from when you were eligible, you go". I can never get ahold of HR. I'm tempted to start calling the NCEPT people.
I am aware of one person on the list that now has a December 3rd date. Keep climbing the ladder.

I am aware of one person on the list that now has a December 3rd date. Keep climbing the ladder.
I talked to him (HR) on Thursday last week and he said he would be getting back to me by today... If I dont hear anything by Friday I'm calling every single contact number in the FAA... Its super hard to shop for an apartmwnt without a move in date.

But if you really read the MOU, it's not 3 months from when you change to a cat 1. It's 3 months from the date of your selection. That's what it says. And that's what everyone agreed on.

Under J. in the MOU it just states they should be afforded a CAT 1 release before any other releases are offered. It doesn't specify from which point.

Under J. in the MOU it just states they should be afforded a CAT 1 release before any other releases are offered. It doesn't specify from which point.
sure it does...look back at the beginning of the MOU. what is the definition for a CAT 1 release. believe me. i was in this situation and just got my date changed. ATO verified thats how it reads and should be implemented.

Back
Top Bottom