1st QTR 2017

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
Submission deadline: 11/14
Panel: 12/8&9

Last edited:
I'll be submitting ERRs for the first time this cycle. Is there any sort of notification that you are not selected, or if you end up not being determined to be eligible?

I'll be submitting ERRs for the first time this cycle. Is there any sort of notification that you are not selected, or if you end up not being determined to be eligible?
Not directly. You will know beforehand if the facility is eligible, and selections are posted after they're made.

Thanks, again I'm new to this. I think my facility has the possibility of being Cat 2 before 11/14. When is the "cutoff" for determining a facility's category before the panel meets. Is it when they actually meet or the submission deadline?

Thanks, again I'm new to this. I think my facility has the possibility of being Cat 2 before 11/14. When is the "cutoff" for determining a facility's category before the panel meets. Is it when they actually meet or the submission deadline?

Check the calendar that's on the NCEPT KSN page (although I'm not sure if they've updated it with the Dec NCEPT info yet). They also post a facility category status each month. I believe the last Prioirty Placement Tool (PPT) that is run before the panel establishes the "final" category status. So for the December NCEPT, the November PPT data would be used.

Check out the ERR/NCEPT SOP posted in the resources page. It has a step-by-step outline of the process.

Check the calendar that's on the NCEPT KSN page (although I'm not sure if they've updated it with the Dec NCEPT info yet). They also post a facility category status each month. I believe the last Prioirty Placement Tool (PPT) that is run before the panel establishes the "final" category status. So for the December NCEPT, the November PPT data would be used.

Check out the ERR/NCEPT SOP posted in the resources page. It has a step-by-step outline of the process.

The dates are in the first post in these threads, and on the calendar :)

When they meet.
Edit: more specifically, when the ppt is run prior to the meeting.

Last edited:
Is a facility's target number something that is determined by the ATM or some sort of formula?

My facrep swears up and down NATCA has zero say in what that staffing number is.
At the local level he's right. But they are absolutely involved at the national level. I don't remember the acronym but it's something like cswg controller staffing workgroup. You'll see and hear it referenced like that to differentiate it from the finance staffing number.

My facrep swears up and down NATCA has zero say in what that staffing number is.

I know our facrep and manager had a long meeting going over numbers and trying to figure out how many controllers they wanted, and they sent in a number and got what they asked for. It seemed like christmas morning when our facrep announced how many controllers we were supposed to be assigned, everyone was amazed and super excited about what it would mean for break times, leave, etc., but nobody had ANY CLUE what it would do for people's efforts to transfer out.

Maybe your facrep wasn't consulted, but I would bet the manager had a say.

In the initial selection process i would agree. But coming to the wire between people to get selected, from what ive seen at a facility with good report with management NATCA definitely had a say in who they did and did not want on the list of selectees, so dont go burning bridges just yet!

In the initial selection process i would agree. But coming to the wire between people to get selected, from what ive seen at a facility with good report with management NATCA definitely had a say in who they did and did not want on the list of selectees, so dont go burning bridges just yet!
Okay, I think we're talking about different things. I was talking about setting the initial CPC number.

As far as NCEPT selections, from everything I've seen, the NCEPT panel will use the manager's priority list if one is provided. Now, there is some confusion among managers and natca reps, etc., about what is actually happening. I heard one facrep told his facility "Well, we had a dozen people on our list, and they gave us the 9th person on the list, so obviously they're not following the priority list." What they're not understanding is that if your facility is 100th on the facility priority list, by the time they get to you, most of the candidates will be either A) selected somewhere else, or B) made ineligible because there were 15 ERRs to leave that facility and they could only let one go, and someone from their facility got selected somewhere higher, making all other 14 ERRs ineligible to be selected - Thus you get number 9 on the list, because they're the first person eligible by the time the process gets down to you.

Back
Top Bottom