1st QTR 2017

Ideally, the agency would like to be staffed around 80-82% across the board. There is no way they want to staff to 100%. The union should be the ones pushing for that 100% number, but they are too busy pushing something else in something else at the moment...

Ideally, the agency would like to be staffed around 80-82% across the board. There is no way they want to staff to 100%. The union should be the ones pushing for that 100% number, but they are too busy pushing something else in something else at the moment...

Can you elaborate on that first point?

Can you elaborate on that first point?
The agency doesn't want to staff to 100%. Their magic number is in the low 80% to cut down on costs with the assumption being that the workforce would either work short on certain days or backfill schedules with overtime (cheaper than bringing in another body). This has been verified to me by numerous sups going to sup classes.

The agency doesn't want to staff to 100%. Their magic number is in the low 80% to cut down on costs with the assumption being that the workforce would either work short on certain days or backfill schedules with overtime (cheaper than bringing in another body). This has been verified to me by numerous sups going to sup classes.
That jives with their hiring/attrition projections

It may benefit in isolated cases, but its a one time thing at best, and it means that the overall situation is getting worse. Lower means more facs will be ineligible quicker.

and also just to clarify, it didn't drop from 85ish% all at once. about 2% of it came 2 panels ago when they took out temp positions from counting towards staffing. It has been trending lower steadily though.

Lower numbers, may mean more smaller facilities may be ineligible, but look at the enroute side now; No one is eligible. Lower average numbers may benefit the big facilities that people want to leave. Generally, I think this policy hurt the larger facilities more.

Lower numbers, may mean more smaller facilities may be ineligible, but look at the enroute side now; No one is eligible. Lower average numbers may benefit the big facilities that people want to leave. Generally, I think this policy hurt the larger facilities more.
There are individual cases where a facility is tenths of a percent from being able to release, and the average going down slightly allows a release. But there was no implication that a lower number is beneficial in any way. It's irrelevant to argue who this "hurts more". It hurts everyone. It hurts every single person who ever plans on leaving their facility or is impacted by a staffing issue (leave, overtime, etc...). Huge facs can't realistically get enough people to be eligible, and the smallest facs are excluded from ever being eligible with the way this garbage has been implemented.

Hypothetical scenario. Let's say facility XYZ is capable of releasing one body. Two people from XYZ bid out to two different facilities and both get accepted. Who gets the release date? I know it says in the MOU that if two people bid the same facility that it goes in order of receipt of the ERR paperwork. But what about two different facilities? Does it go to the higher priority receiving facility? Can't seem to find a good answer to this question and I may be in this situation soon.

Yes, only one person would get accepted - the higher priority facility. If person A is trying to go to a higher priority , they would get chosen, and your facility staffing level would drop , making person B ineligible to be picked up, even if person A ends up declining the offer .

Yes, only one person would get accepted - the higher priority facility. If person A is trying to go to a higher priority , they would get chosen, and your facility staffing level would drop , making person B ineligible to be picked up, even if person A ends up declining the offer .

Roger that. Thanks for the info.

Can someone get a TOL and a release date and have if revoked due to the losing facility unexpectedly falling below the national average? Say due to an unplanned retirement or someone losing a medical?

Can someone get a TOL and a release date and have if revoked due to the losing facility unexpectedly falling below the national average? Say due to an unplanned retirement or someone losing a medical?
They might be able get a delayed release but it wouldn't be revoked. And if you already have a date then they can't change it without your approval.

Will next month's NCEPT use the PPT data from November or does it get calculated once again?

Will next month's NCEPT use the PPT data from November or does it get calculated once again?

There should be a PPT run the last week of November that will be used. If you have access to the KSN site, it'll show the date it'll be run prior to the NCEPT. My guess would be around 21/22 Nov.

They might be able get a delayed release but it wouldn't be revoked. And if you already have a date then they can't change it without your approval.
I have seen a TOL taken from an employee and told he cannot leave to go to the place he was hired. It was when the MOU started back in Feb. So maybe a little different circumstance.

I know the PPT is getting run again today. Will they come out with a new priority/vacancy list prior to Dec 8-9 too? Or does the NCEPT use the November one.

I know the PPT is getting run again today. Will they come out with a new priority/vacancy list prior to Dec 8-9 too? Or does the NCEPT use the November one.
Today they run the PPT. Tomorrow they come out with the list of how many a facility can take/release. Those will be the numbers they use on Dec 8th. That is, if they don't try to pull some kind of shenanigans like they did last time, changing the numbers several times after their "final" numbers were released.

Today they run the PPT. Tomorrow they come out with the list of how many a facility can take/release. Those will be the numbers they use on Dec 8th. That is, if they don't try to pull some kind of shenanigans like they did last time, changing the numbers several times after their "final" numbers were released.

Thanks. Do they redo the priority list that came out in November once again?

Last edited:
I am anxiously waiting for the new priority list. It is now or never.

Ditto, according to the november #'s, we can release one person by the slimmest of margins. And after that there is no hope for the next several years because of this process.

Ditto, according to the november #'s, we can release one person by the slimmest of margins. And after that there is no hope for the next several years because of this process.
I am not at work today, so I'm going to keep refreshing this page in hopes of seeing the list.

Back
Top Bottom