2021 Convention

tHaTs nOt gUaRaNtEeD. nAtCa fOuGhT To gUaRaNtEe yOu a yEaRlY RaIsE So dOn’t qUeStIoN WhY We dIdN’T TrY AnD NeGoTiAtE FoR MoRe. JuSt wOrK YoUr uNdErStAfFeD FaCiLiTy aNd sHuT Up.
Idk some people are actually content. One guy at my facility is just like why fight for more? Just be happy! I mean personally I guess, but I think if the administration in the White House is willing to negotiate, why not negotiate?

Isn’t it not even guaranteed?

"b. Each employee will receive an annual length of service adjustment of one-point-six percent (1.6%) to Basic Pay, not to exceed the pay band maximum, effective the first full pay period in June. If the length of service adjustment will cause the employee’s Basic Pay to exceed the band maximum or the employee’s Basic Pay is already equal to or exceeds the band maximum, the employee will receive a pay increase up to the band maximum and the remainder as a lump sum payment, effective the first full pay period in June. The annual length of service adjustment to Basic Pay shall not be granted in any year in which a prohibition on step increases under the General Schedule (GS) is enacted by statute."

Technically not guaranteed but has there ever been a prohibition on step increases for GS? I can't find a time when it has happened (havent searched too hard).

"b. Each employee will receive an annual length of service adjustment of one-point-six percent (1.6%) to Basic Pay, not to exceed the pay band maximum, effective the first full pay period in June. If the length of service adjustment will cause the employee’s Basic Pay to exceed the band maximum or the employee’s Basic Pay is already equal to or exceeds the band maximum, the employee will receive a pay increase up to the band maximum and the remainder as a lump sum payment, effective the first full pay period in June. The annual length of service adjustment to Basic Pay shall not be granted in any year in which a prohibition on step increases under the General Schedule (GS) is enacted by statute."

Technically not guaranteed but has there ever been a prohibition on step increases for GS? I can't find a time when it has happened (havent searched too hard).
i mean all the other non NATCA agencies get step increases too. But I think some are every other year

I was being facetious. In my almost 20 years in the Union, I certainly have been pissed off at them.

First and foremost I hate the scammy-suck-off-your-buddy-fuck-your-areas staffing article 114 details.

Stop that nonsense. Can’t release for NCEPT well, then we can’t release you for article 114 duties. Get your ass back to the floor so I have a chance at spot leave since you get whatever leave you want in your cushy no work gig.

I can’t tell you my level of hate of it.

But would I leave the Union over it, nah. Overall my membership has benefited me and I recognize that the negative periods will turn positive. But everyone has to do what they have to do. I like bitching as much as the next guy, but instead of just on the internet, I also make my FACREP completely aware of my discontent.

Change takes time. And honestly, I’ve never been a facrep nor do I aspire to be. So I recognize that my bitching can only go so far until I man up and run. But I don’t want to put in the effort, so here we are.

Also people hate me.
Man. Proposing a "No article 114 duties for BUEs in facilities that cannot release for NCEPT" would be a pretty epic amendment to propose. Why do I feel like that's the only way NCEPT will get fixed?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom