2024 NATCA President Election

Saying rich didn’t get anything done is false. FAA Reauth and the wording that’s in law is huge. No one can deny that.

People just don’t understand the magnitude of that and getting it done.

Someone voting for JD(who put out 3 minutes total of videos) over rich, is not very intelligent.
The biggest issue for most controllers is the contract. Period.

Agree. And NDJH want more extensions.

Santa has to swallow that Rinaldi extended it before he took office. 2026 will be his first chance at doing so.

NO union president anywhere in this country is going to get the employer to open the contact up early……anyone that thinks that is delusional.

Saying rich didn’t get anything done is false. FAA Reauth and the wording that’s in law is huge. No one can deny that.

Someone voting for JD(who put out 3 minutes total of videos) over rich, is not very intelligent.
You act like the videos put out by Rich, Mick and NDJH weren’t just attacking the competition 90% of the time. The other 10% of videos were a whole lot of words without any glimmer of hope for a plan on how to actually accomplish anything.

I appreciate that JD stayed out of the competitor video bashing campaign method.

JD has plenty on his website.

JD has plenty on his website.

it has no actual plan, everything everyone complains about “no plan”. Lots of controllers could right up the same stuff he said, but if you don’t have the know how it’s pointless. He’s weak, you can tell. No confidence in him to lead our profession forward.

3 minutes of videos shows his commitment to all the BUE’s. Pathetic

it has no actual plan, everything everyone complains about “no plan”. Lots of controllers could right up the same stuff he said, but if you don’t have the know how it’s pointless. He’s weak, you can tell. No confidence in him to lead our profession forward.

It’s about sending a message and triggering a run off

The passing of the Reauth Bill was never Rich’s doing. That was the result of years of NiW doing its thing and NATCA Legal finally drafting up literature for the bill that met our end goals for those issues. There are multiple players at the table for that such as the Union, the agency, and the appropriation & authorization committees in Washington, to name a few. Hell, there are now retirees who were involved in the earlier stages of that bill. Rich may have been one of many cogs in the works to get that where it is today, but to chalk all that up to saying “Rich got that done” would be the biggest crock of shit I’ve ever heard.

Back to primary school for you… this gave me a stroke.

CRWG took an army. It was put together by Mick and Nick and Dean and they sent it off to Rich and he failed to get his counterpart to approve it. So NIW (led by Rich), PAC and our legislative volunteers (that you guys like to shit on all the time) got it passed into law. It’s a big deal, it’s not just a spreadsheet.

CRWG took an army. It was put together by Mick and Nick and Dean and they sent it off to Rich and he failed to get his counterpart to approve it. So NIW (led by Rich), PAC and our legislative volunteers (that you guys like to shit on all the time) got it passed into law. It’s a big deal, it’s not just a spreadsheet.
No one cares about excel spreadsheet.

It’s the only way to get more controllers and everyone except you cares about staffing.
Honestly the only reason I care about staffing is because of the ability of spot leave. Outside of that I couldn't care less about staffing, that's an FAA problem. Why should I care if we have to put in staffing triggers, ground stops, ATC alert, or whatever else there is? That's an airline problem and an FAA problem, not a me problem.

I care about pay far more and just about any other problem can be solved with more pay because I'm being compensated to deal with it

The ability to transfer would be another reason to care about staffing that I forgot, but if you increase pay enough then you wouldn't have nearly as many controllers trying to transfer as bad and get to 12s. And if they pay us what we deserve then you'd get better quality applicants that would actually be successful in training and help fix staffing.

....so PAY ME

Honestly the only reason I care about staffing is because of the ability of spot leave. Outside of that I couldn't care less about staffing, that's an FAA problem. Why should I care if we have to put in staffing triggers, ground stops, ATC alert, or whatever else there is? That's an airline problem and an FAA problem, not a me problem.

I care about pay far more and just about any other problem can be solved with more pay because I'm being compensated to deal with it

The ability to transfer would be another reason to care about staffing that I forgot, but if you increase pay enough then you wouldn't have nearly as many controllers trying to transfer as bad and get to 12s. And if they pay us what we deserve then you'd get better quality applicants that would actually be successful in training and help fix staffing.

....so PAY ME
I’m sure you’re a pleasure to work with

No one cares about excel spreadsheet.
Yeah not the fact that staffing and funding isn’t #1 cause for the problems in our career.

This doesn’t have to be an either or. You can give credit to the union for finally getting a monumental breakthrough while also acknowledging the fact we haven’t received any improvements in pay and working conditions since 2016.

....so PAY ME
We all want paid dummy

....so PAY ME
Because a lot of facilities don’t get to put those restrictions in place. Command center won’t allow it. Neighboring facilities will call and bitch to mommy and daddy about the restrictions and then the controllers are stuck working longer with shorter breaks and more traffic than combined positions should work. ATSAP has proven useless in this regard. I’ve had sups put in staffing triggers and reduce the rates only to have our own middle management reverse it and tell us to suck it up.

Because a lot of facilities don’t get to put those restrictions in place. Command center won’t allow it. Neighboring facilities will call and bitch to mommy and daddy about the restrictions and then the controllers are stuck working longer with shorter breaks and more traffic than combined positions should work. ATSAP has proven useless in this regard. I’ve had sups put in staffing triggers and reduce the rates only to have our own middle management reverse it and tell us to suck it up.
Yep, seen all of that as well and it's a problem. We as controllers would have to just stop taking handoffs and force the issue, which is hard when your sup is trying to run the show and making you bend over backwards to keep taking more and more just cause they were told by center or whoever that you have to.

Need some sups with a backbone that won't care about their superiors trying to tell them to change it

And what is your local doing about it?

Terminate the VFRs.

Back
Top Bottom