2024 NATCA President Election

The amount of people vilified, told they should be fired (one particular former RVP comes to mind..), and blatantly told not to expect representation for refusing the vaccines due to medical and religious reasons is one of the saddest chapters in our Union's history.
Our Union’s current administration’s response to the vaccine mandate was horrifying. DCs a bubble

Poor take

If the government is gonna implement work protocol mandating vaccines, making people work on crews, requiring hazard cleanings if someone tests positive, and all the other things that were put in place for essential employees working in hazardous conditions, then those employees are entitled to hazard pay. Regardless if an individual believes the measures are needed or not, the government and the rest of the world was treating it as a deadly pandemic that controllers and other essential employees were forced to work through

So yes you can bitch about not getting hazard pay while also believing you don't need a vaccine or mask

But yes people will bitch about absolutely everything
The constant complainers wet dream

The same people bitching about how natca responded against the masks/vaccine mandate are the same ones crying about not getting hazard pay

Moral of the story: everybody bitches about anything and everything
I didn’t look to get hazard pay, I wanted the BS over…. But you are telling me the government saw it so serious as to fire controllers, yet it wasn’t dangerous enough to be hazardous? When you step back and think about it, you realize how stupid it all was…

It is part of the problem, we should be trying to win people back but we cannot even have civil discourse without each side trying to bushwhack the other.
You’re conflating the reason a person quits with a persons opinions after they quit. Those reasons may or may not be valid and if they are then it’s important. But once you quit no one’s wasting time pandering to you. There’s too many problems to solve for the membership.
If? It is happening. If you think that they do not shut down dissent I would love to have the drugs you are. It is part of the reason people leave.
Sounds like you think we need new leaders

I didn’t look to get hazard pay, I wanted the BS over…. But you are telling me the government saw it so serious as to fire controllers, yet it wasn’t dangerous enough to be hazardous? When you step back and think about it, you realize how stupid it all was…
It was a clown show and they all are getting away with it

You’re conflating the reason a person quits with a persons opinions after they quit. Those reasons may or may not be valid and if they are then it’s important. But once you quit no one’s wasting time pandering to you. There’s too many problems to solve for the membership.

Sounds like you think we need new leaders
No one is expecting pandering, but work to regain those members because some have a lot to offer. Trying to grab FCT’s and other LOB employees to shore up the numbers is only a temporary solution.

Yes we need new leaders. ALL the politicians must be voted out. NDJH are a symptom of a bigger problem, Rich, Mick, the lot perpetuate the “clique” or “good old boys” club. The convention needs to support term limits, pull from active controllers (for a fresh perspective), and work FOR the membership instead of against “ in collaboration.”

We need to STOP doing the agency’s job for them and staff the facilities. If projects fall apart or by the wayside, so be it. We constantly bail them out of everything which is why at this point the NEB et al is seen as an extension management.

Pulling from the active controllers will give that fresh perspective, fight for what is critical, and if need be they can rely on the experience of retired members as lawyers. At some point their predecessors were inexperienced as well, so the argument that they have zero is moot.

No one is expecting pandering, but work to regain those members because some have a lot to offer. Trying to grab FCT’s and other LOB employees to shore up the numbers is only a temporary solution.

Yes we need new leaders. ALL the politicians must be voted out. NDJH are a symptom of a bigger problem, Rich, Mick, the lot perpetuate the “clique” or “good old boys” club. The convention needs to support term limits, pull from active controllers (for a fresh perspective), and work FOR the membership instead of against “ in collaboration.”

We need to STOP doing the agency’s job for them and staff the facilities. If projects fall apart or by the wayside, so be it. We constantly bail them out of everything which is why at this point the NEB et al is seen as an extension management.

Pulling from the active controllers will give that fresh perspective, fight for what is critical, and if need be they can rely on the experience of retired members as lawyers. At some point their predecessors were inexperienced as well, so the argument that they have zero is moot.
Experience isn’t a moot point. As you’ll see this election. JD has none and will not be elected.

Fair enough but it is to a degree, especially when you can rely on the lawyers/negotiators/etc… I expect and hope it to be sent to a run off.

The negotiators ? Who is the lead negotiator for the light blue and purple book?….andrew the evp.

The negotiators ? Who is the lead negotiator for the light blue and purple book?….andrew the evp.
And? Keep him around for knowledge, the experience he offers, and nudge the set of changes we want to the table. He does not have to be EVP to help with negotiations.

Just finished filling my ballot out. Truthfully not a fan of any of the candidates but since Lenny is one of the biggest pieces of shits I’ve ever encountered I went with NDJH. Urging others to do the same around my facility.
I usually disagree with you but I leaning doing the same.... Just to spite him and his lies and misinformation

Voting against the current group that didn’t get anything done is valid.
Saying rich didn’t get anything done is false. FAA Reauth and the wording that’s in law is huge. No one can deny that.

People just don’t understand the magnitude of that and getting it done.

Someone voting for JD(who put out 3 minutes total of videos) over rich, is not very intelligent.

Back
Top Bottom