2nd Quarter 2017

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
Submission/withdrawal deadline: 2/13
Panel: 3/9-10

Last edited:
Looking at the new PPT, what on earth are these Green/Yellow/Red zones?
health indicator relative to the national average. red is > 5% below, yellow is > 5% above, green is in between. It's been in there for a while, it was just hidden in previous versions.

health indicator relative to the national average. red is > 5% below, yellow is > 5% above, green is in between. It's been in there for a while, it was just hidden in previous versions.

I can't find the red,yellow, green on the PPT for some reason. So your saying.. Red is greater than 5% below the national average?

Any idea when the new vacancy/priority lists for January come out? Historically they've been around the first week of every month

I can't find the red,yellow, green on the PPT for some reason. So your saying.. Red is greater than 5% below the national average?
the columns are hidden. yes; apparently their goal is to keep everything within 5% of each other. pretty much invalidates the entire priority ranking of facilities.

But, facilities are still not able to select anyone from red status. Which I thought was anyone not above the 85% mark. Is that correct? Cat 1 and Cat 2 can be selected from and they are the ones both at 85% or above.

But, facilities are still not able to select anyone from red status. Which I thought was anyone not above the 85% mark. Is that correct? Cat 1 and Cat 2 can be selected from and they are the ones both at 85% or above.
They have nothing to do with selection, it's just informational.

the columns are hidden. yes; apparently their goal is to keep everything within 5% of each other. pretty much invalidates the entire priority ranking of facilities.
Thanks for the information. I'm just curious how my swap is going to play out. Both facilities are in the "green" category as of the last PPT. The rep at the facility I'm swapping to says it should be fine as long as it's not red, we'll see I guess.

Thanks for the information. I'm just curious how my swap is going to play out. Both facilities are in the "green" category as of the last PPT. The rep at the facility I'm swapping to says it should be fine as long as it's not red, we'll see I guess.
Well, for us green doesn't mean good. It means the facility is with 5% either direction on the national average. These numbers have nothing to do with if you can get selected or not. In your case, right now the swap wouldn't be allowed because m98 isn't in any category.

Well, for us green doesn't mean good. It means the facility is with 5% either direction on the national average. These numbers have nothing to do with if you can get selected or not. In your case, right now the swap wouldn't be allowed because m98 isn't in any category.
Sounds good, Ya nobody seems to really know how things are working right now. I've heard from two people, different things. Either way is fine with me, the other guy is the one looking to get here from the facility down the road. I'm happy at either place, just helping someone get where they want to be. Thanks for the input!

Sounds good, Ya nobody seems to really know how things are working right now. I've heard from two people, different things. Either way is fine with me, the other guy is the one looking to get here from the facility down the road. I'm happy at either place, just helping someone get where they want to be. Thanks for the input!
According to the latest NCEPT minutes...

"Controller Mutual swaps were reviewed after all ERR selections were made."

What this means to me is they will go down the entire NCEPT list, filling every available spot. Once that is done, BOTH facilities involved in the swap still need to be able to let at least one CPC go (as their projected number would stay relatively constant with both facilities gaining one person).

Now what this actually means is absolutely nothing. The mutual swap between GRR and TVC that was approved last panel contradicts my thinking as both facilities could not release a single person when the swap was approved. The swap from LAS to PDX that was denied stated LAS was a 'red' facility. TVC was yellow and GRR was green at the time, maybe as long as neither facility is red swaps will be approved? Who the hell knows...

maybe as long as neither facility is red swaps will be approved?
That is basically I heard from the NATCA VP at the facility i'd be going to. Here's to hoping I guess.

I also wonder, if a swap isn't approved. Do hey look at it again the next board? I would think it would be.

Last edited:
Is there anything written anywhere about the red, yellow, green percentages and mutual swaps? I'm trying to determine if a previously denied swap would be eligible now, and if so what is the current submission process.

Are they not updating the monthly vacancy/priority lists anymore? They've come out the first week of every month up until January. Nothing on the KSN site.

Are they not updating the monthly vacancy/priority lists anymore? They've come out the first week of every month up until January. Nothing on the KSN site.
I think they're up to something. I'm taking their silence as a clue that we'll see a change in rules. Figure it'll be usual BS, just different.

Back
Top Bottom