2nd Quarter 2017

Are they not updating the monthly vacancy/priority lists anymore? They've come out the first week of every month up until January. Nothing on the KSN site.
I predict it goes as follows:
#1 N90
#2 C90

In reality, there's not really a reason to put it out every month. It's probably just to reduce their workload a little. I can't predict the priority rankings, but you can roughly estimate available slots by taking projected natl average- facility projected avg. if the number is ~1 or > they will have a slot

Any reason why you would show 1 above the national average on the facility list on the ncept page and not be cat 2 or even cat 2 exempt?

Are they not updating the monthly vacancy/priority lists anymore? They've come out the first week of every month up until January. Nothing on the KSN site.

There's a new priority list up on the KSN site. Checked it yesterday

It's very confusing. The new estimated controllers above national average list now shows many facilities with numbers in that column yet the facilities are not cat 1, cat 2, or cat 1/2 exempt. This is the first time it has been like that.

Last edited:
Looks like the criteria for available slots changed. Good thing if so; one of the critical mathematical flaws in the process. Will be able to verify when the ppt comes out.

It's very confusing. The new list has estimated controllers above national average list now shows many facilities with numbers in that column yet the facilities are not cat 1, cat 2, or cat 1/2 exempt. This is the first time it has been like that.

I can explain that I think. They used actual numbers in the past; this one is using projected. If you go to a facility tab, on the staffing sheet the last line shows projected numbers above. I only checked two, but it lines up (may be off slightly, because the sheets are still on december data).

This could, maybe, possibly, mean the selection criteria will change. If it does, and the slot criteria also changed, then the main logic for this would no longer be :poop:

PS: I'll have the lists later today

Last edited:
That wouldn't even make sense. Rumor mongering.

New NCEPT list and staffing sheets are posted. I just noticed the date is 12/27 on the ncept stuff is 12/27 though... so maybe a new new one coming soon.

That wouldn't even make sense. Rumor mongering.

New NCEPT list and staffing sheets are posted. I just noticed the date is 12/27 on the ncept stuff is 12/27 though... so maybe a new new one coming soon.

Like I said, likely a rumor, just wanted to see if anyone had heard the same thing.

I noticed that as well. And that the placement tool has a tab for January, but the date is still set at 12/28

Like I said, likely a rumor, just wanted to see if anyone had heard the same thing.

I noticed that as well. And that the placement tool has a tab for January, but the date is still set at 12/28
its always a month behind. so this months will be dated 1/25 but be called february

edit: looks like I was wrong regarding new slots. still only staffing to the average. But there are some facilities that are anomalies to that :confused:

Last edited:
Anyone heard the talk that transfers after January will be frozen per the hiring freeze?
I wouldn't put any stock in that. Per HR, everything is business as usual until told otherwise. Hell, even TOL's to new hires are still going out. Granted, this was awhile back, but in a previous true federal hiring freeze, inter-agency transfers were still granted (ie DOD to FAA).
Per the memorandum...
"In carrying out this memorandum, I ask that you seek efficient use of existing personnel and funds to improve public services and the delivery of these services. Accordingly, this memorandum does not prohibit making reallocations to meet the highest priority needs and to ensure that essential services are not interrupted and national security is not affected."

My facility is still showing 3 CPCs below our actual numbers, it seems ridiculous that it hasn't been updated to our true numbers in months

Back
Top Bottom