2nd Quarter 2017

Do y'all usually upload at OF612 or resume with your ERRs? Any word on how it works if they are needing people at a tower and TRACON and I put in 2 ERRs to both facilities is it just luck of the draw at that point? Great ERR packet examples btw it helped out a bit.

Do y'all usually upload at OF612 or resume with your ERRs? Any word on how it works if they are needing people at a tower and TRACON and I put in 2 ERRs to both facilities is it just luck of the draw at that point? Great ERR packet examples btw it helped out a bit.
Resume for me. It's easy to keep USA jobs up to date and it's always available.
If they're different facilities, they are different facilities. I'm not sure I understand the question.

For example say I put down LAS and the TRACON but they both have 5 slots each for the panel so I put in an Err for both am I able to show a preference that'd I'd prefer to go to the tower before the TRACON or do I just not have a choice in the matter (which assuming I don't) and it's just luck of the draw, sorry hope this makes it more understandable

For example say I put down LAS and the TRACON but they both have 5 slots each for the panel so I put in an Err for both am I able to show a preference that'd I'd prefer to go to the tower before the TRACON or do I just not have a choice in the matter (which assuming I don't) and it's just luck of the draw, sorry hope this makes it more understandable

You would be offered only the highest priority facility the NCEPT panel selects you for. You don't get a choice. Once you accept the TOL, all your other ERRs are deleted.

Any word on the changes for exempt facilities
Our RVP sent out a region update today that had no mention of it. The list that was updated last week still showed Cat 1 & 2 exempt for some facilities. You'd like to think a decision would be made prior to lists being sent to managers to rank, but who knows...

When do the ATMs receive the lists of possible candidates that they can prioritize?
I think around Feb 20-25th. People have until the 13th to submit ERRs and then it takes a week or two to make sure everyone is in the system and lists are compiled and sent to managers.

With this MOU, if a facility is eligible to select 10 controllers this NCEPT and only receive 5 ERR submissions from CAT 1 or CAT 2 facilities, does the ATM have the ability to deny one of those ERR requests? Or does the NCEPT panel place all 5 controllers there?

With this MOU, if a facility is eligible to select 10 controllers this NCEPT and only receive 5 ERR submissions from CAT 1 or CAT 2 facilities, does the ATM have the ability to deny one of those ERR requests? Or does the NCEPT panel place all 5 controllers there?
All would be placed

All would be placed

Not necessarily true. I know of a facility that did not select ERRs due to bad recommendations from their ATM at their current facility. Because of the bad recommendation, the receiving facility manager ranked them low (or not at all) and they didn't get selected.

Where can I see the ncept category numbers? I see references to the ksn site, where is that?

What do they mean when they say "cat 1 or 2 EXEMPT"? not sure what the exempt means. Apologize if this has already been discussed.

Not necessarily true. I know of a facility that did not select ERRs due to bad recommendations from their ATM at their current facility. Because of the bad recommendation, the receiving facility manager ranked them low (or not at all) and they didn't get selected.
I've gotten a hold of every previous managers rankings list except for the last NCEPT. No matter what the ATM recommends, if they have more slots available then ERRs, all will be given a TOL (assuming all are current CPCs and are still eligible by the time the NCEPT comes to that facility). It's humorous to see all the ATMs write things like "Insufficient experience" or "Failed background check" or simply rank candidates "1, 2, 99, 99", but all were offered a TOL. The main facility I saw that with was A80, but even then, I believe they were able to talk some of those controllers out of accepting their TOL.

What do they mean when they say "cat 1 or 2 EXEMPT"? not sure what the exempt means. Apologize if this has already been discussed.
It means that if you lost one controller either your current or projected CPC percentage would drop below the national average and would violate 3.5.3 of the SOP.
In layman's terms, the facility is frozen, everyone is f***ed.

Sounds like SRQ when some idiot took an FLM job after being picked up for MIA lol.

I apologise "idiot" is giving him too much credit. Lets try "Scum of the Earth."

Back
Top Bottom