5 on 5 off and Paid Parental Leave

Has anyone used the free 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave while being on 5 on 5 off? Has your facility management allowed you to only count your 5 days on for the leave and not the excused absence days and thus stretched it beyond 12 total weeks? I'm about to be on FMLA and people have been telling me to look into it but I'm not sure its possible.

I don’t think that will be the case. I’m pretty sure it will be just a straight 12 weeks. Earlier this year we had a couple ladies who were pregnant and were considered “high risk” because of that. They were sent home and on EA until the baby was due. Afterwards, they had to use their own sick or annual as would have been normal before Oct. 1st. Once the baby was born, they had to use full 80 hours every pay period as long as they wished to stay home. I would think it will be the same with this leave as well. 12 weeks is a long time though.....

Just get a COVID test so you get 3 days excused first. Gotta make sure you don’t give the baby rona.

I’m not sure about using it only on your five on but you can absolutely break it up throughout the year without issue. Probably couldn’t pull off only using it on your work days but if you did a three week stretch that started on your first day back you’d get a week on the front end and back end from your five off.

There’s a dude at my facility doing that. I think he’s working 1 set of 5 a month to keep currency and using FMLA baby leave all the other days. On his 5 on only

I’m not sure about using it only on your five on but you can absolutely break it up throughout the year without issue. Probably couldn’t pull off only using it on your work days but if you did a three week stretch that started on your first day back you’d get a week on the front end and back end from your five off.
One of my colleagues is doing this too, coming back from his first 7 weeks of baby leave at 80 hr/pp on the 6th day of the leave year so he’ll be recallable but off those 5 days without using the baby days.

Shiiiiit my atm wouldn't even let me do that with regular sick for a month when I had a kid a few months ago, citing some obscure fucking rule in the opm handbook where I had to come in at least one day a pay period for admin leave days to count as admin leave.

Must be nice to not work at a fac with good management.

Shiiiiit my atm wouldn't even let me do that with regular sick for a month when I had a kid a few months ago, citing some obscure fucking rule in the opm handbook where I had to come in at least one day a pay period for admin leave days to count as admin leave.

Umm yeah I’m gonna need you to come in Sunday too.

What the fuck is he talking about. People on admin leave haven’t been in since March

Back
Top Bottom