A80/MIA/ZOA MOU

After 15+ years of pulling from already understaffed facilities, the FAA announces that the staffing crisis at C90/N90 is over and is moving on to ZOA/A80/MIA. (Sarcasm)

Does that then mean that the C90/N90 MOU is being misapplied? Because they pull from red facilities to allow for transfers to those. The wording in these two MOUs are nearly identical.
No, neither mou is for selection. For n90 and c90, you get picked up on a bid. After being picked up on a bid, the mou applies and your facility has to release you applies. For this mou, you get picked up via ncept. After being picked up for one of these facilities, your facility now has to release you faster regardless of category. Maybe they're coming out with a bid, but the release date mous have nothing to do with selections. They just move up the timeline

Here is a picture of the old A80/LAX MOU for comparison. Almost worded exactly the same. I don't think this new MOU was intended to be interpreted as only moving up dates of those already selected.

Screenshot_20231128_152415_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Here is a picture of the old A80/LAX MOU for comparison. Almost worded exactly the same. I don't think this new MOU was intended to be interpreted as only moving up dates of those already selected.

View attachment 9085
I tend to agree bc the way the new one is written doesn’t really help any of those facilities. Getting people there faster isn’t going to help staffing and who’s willingly putting in for ZOA anyways unless they’re from there.

I tend to agree bc the way the new one is written doesn’t really help any of those facilities. Getting people there faster isn’t going to help staffing and who’s willingly putting in for ZOA anyways unless they’re from there.
Iirc doesn’t zoa only have like 3-4 errs on request?

Correct. IIRC, this has no effect on any future movement for these 3 facilities.
This is the exact same language that is used in the C90/N90 release as well. It doesn't just apply to those already selected but anyone else that is now selected for those facilities. It does NOT mean that there will be a bid posted for those facilities that includes move money though. Seems like, for now, it's still just ERRs for those facilities.

Just looked at the last ERR demand sheet and they had 1
Well, that’s not going to help fix the massive deficit they have. Any academy trainee with a brain knows that if you get sentenced there, complete your probationary year, get your D sides, your A sides, maybe an R side or 2 and then wash and you’ll get a great list. Withdraw and you still get a list of 5 places that aren’t ZOA lol.

Well, that’s not going to help fix the massive deficit they have. Any academy trainee with a brain knows that if you get sentenced there, complete your probationary year, get your D sides, your A sides, maybe an R side or 2 and then wash and you’ll get a great list. Withdraw and you still get a list of 5 places that aren’t ZOA lol.
They need to move that facility out of Fremont and put it around Sacramento like NCT

I'm not from California but have a dumb question - ZOA is absolutely notorious and people do everything in their power to avoid it and/or GTFO if they end up having to go there. Why doesn't ZLA have the same reputation? I was recently visiting a buddy out in the LA area and it seemed like ~$800k-1mil was pretty much baseline for a starter home (he lives near Santa Clarita). And despite being a lvl11 seems ZOA actually pays a bit more after taking into account locality.

I'm not from California but have a dumb question - ZOA is absolutely notorious and people do everything in their power to avoid it and/or GTFO if they end up having to go there. Why doesn't ZLA have the same reputation? I was recently visiting a buddy out in the LA area and it seemed like ~$800k-1mil was pretty much baseline for a starter home (he lives near Santa Clarita). And despite being a lvl11 seems ZOA actually pays a bit more after taking into account locality.
ZOA is much more expensive than ZLA

ZLA isn't in LA

ZLA is basically in the desert

Back
Top Bottom