A80

Is there anyone here that can give some information about here? Since we can’t visit with covid I’m trying to find out if the area/facility is worth trying for long term. Any info would be great (work schedule, cost of living, environment etc).

FWIW just had a friend withdraw from training here to go back to A80. He absolutely loved it there and couldn't wait to get back. Good schools and relatively low cost of living in Peachtree City area. But he also didn't mind the constant training and 6 day work weeks, so maybe bear that in mind
You work in the state of ten thousand lakes?

-14 mid lines, 14 AWS (4 10s), 7 lines with a third day 11-7, the rest of rotating 3/2 or 2/3s.
- You are assigned a line A or C. If you don’t have radar the facility sends you to OKC for RTF and TSEW. If you don’t have higher level experience, you go just for TSEW.
- Cost of living has gone up a ton, like everywhere it seems, but there are plenty of places to get cheaper and have under a 30 minute drive.
- Six day workweeks are assigned for volunteers and non volunteers.
- Really no one in the training process currently. A few tower only people/low level people coming in soon or completing classroom now.

You work in the state of ten thousand lakes?

-14 mid lines, 14 AWS (4 10s), 7 lines with a third day 11-7, the rest of rotating 3/2 or 2/3s.
- You are assigned a line A or C. If you don’t have radar the facility sends you to OKC for RTF and TSEW. If you don’t have higher level experience, you go just for TSEW.
- Cost of living has gone up a ton, like everywhere it seems, but there are plenty of places to get cheaper and have under a 30 minute drive.
- Six day workweeks are assigned for volunteers and non volunteers.
- Really no one in the training process currently. A few tower only people/low level people coming in soon or completing classroom now.
affirmative!

Thanks for the reply’s. Is peach tree a busy city or does atlanta traffic miss it? Worried about commuting near atlanta
Most people live within a 20 minute drive. Mine is 11 minutes. Traffic is hit or miss in PTC but neighboring cities aren't bad. What level facility are you coming from?

Most people live within a 20 minute drive. Mine is 11 minutes. Traffic is hit or miss in PTC but neighboring cities aren't bad. What level facility are you coming from?

That doesn’t sound to bad. Unfortunately I haven’t even put in yet just trying to get a feel for it since we can’t tour facilities yet. I would be coming from a level 7 up/down

I have an opportunity to come to A80 and I’m looking for any information I can find. Reading above comments with me coming from a Center I’m assuming I’d go to TSEW at least.

What is the actual success rate? I’ve heard a good portion of people bail before training is over because of the 6 day work weeks.

I have an opportunity to come to A80 and I’m looking for any information I can find. Reading above comments with me coming from a Center I’m assuming I’d go to TSEW at least.

What is the actual success rate? I’ve heard a good portion of people bail before training is over because of the 6 day work weeks.
Speaking of, how bad is the 6 day work week and is that year round or what?

We're going to be 6 day work weeks for probably 75%+ of the year for volunteers and less for non vols.

Majority of them bail here because they don't have the skillset to do it. Simple as that. Nothing to do with working 6 day work weeks. There have been a small handful who were going to make it and bailed on the last position because of that though.

We have been and continue to be inundated with level 4/5/6 controllers and some without any radar experience at all. That's not conducive to building a positive staffing number. No doubt some of those guys can make it but it's going to take a lot of work.

They just reauthorized taking tours again. I suggest both of you come here during shitty weather and see for yourself.

It's a great place to work 90% of the time. Good cost of living, decent schools, entertainment nearby, great pay. But you're going to work for it. Every. Single. Day. So don't waste our time, please.

Any questions feel free to ask.

We're going to be 6 day work weeks for probably 75%+ of the year for volunteers and less for non vols.

Majority of them bail here because they don't have the skillset to do it. Simple as that. Nothing to do with working 6 day work weeks. There have been a small handful who were going to make it and bailed on the last position because of that though.

We have been and continue to be inundated with level 4/5/6 controllers and some without any radar experience at all. That's not conducive to building a positive staffing number. No doubt some of those guys can make it but it's going to take a lot of work.

They just reauthorized taking tours again. I suggest both of you come here during shitty weather and see for yourself.

It's a great place to work 90% of the time. Good cost of living, decent schools, entertainment nearby, great pay. But you're going to work for it. Every. Single. Day. So don't waste our time, please.

Shit balls. We’re getting all the same level experience here without quite the traffic you have, so a lot of them get checked out and the average ability level is getting dragged down here….

Where do most people with kids live? Best school areas and good neighborhoods?

Back
Top Bottom