A80

I have an opportunity to come to A80 and I’m looking for any information I can find. Reading above comments with me coming from a Center I’m assuming I’d go to TSEW at least.

What is the actual success rate? I’ve heard a good portion of people bail before training is over because of the 6 day work weeks.
I’d highly caution you from transferring to A80, from a center especially a lower level center. Then couple that with your less than three years in the agency and it doesn’t bode well for success. I get the crap with NCEPT, but you’ll only get one chance at making it, so give yourself the best opportunity to be successful and transfer to a level 9-11 terminal facility, gain some experience, and then bid A80.

Did you get picked up on ncept and if so how many times did you put in? Any competition leaving your current fac?
I’m curious about this as well because I haven’t seen anyone, from SAV, on a recent NCEPT list for A80…

I’d highly caution you from transferring to A80, from a center especially a lower level center. Then couple that with your less than three years in the agency and it doesn’t bode well for success. I get the crap with NCEPT, but you’ll only get one chance at making it, so give yourself the best opportunity to be successful and transfer to a level 9-11 terminal facility, gain some experience, and then bid A80.
Mehhhh, I cpc’d at ZMP and immediately ERR’d to D21 after. Had 2.5yrs in the agency when I got here, made it through just fine, we’re no A80 though.

Training blows, I personally wouldn’t go to some level 9-11 or somewhere else to play the ncept crystal ball game all over again to get to my desired facility. Get to where ya wanna go and drink from that fire hose baby!

Grollo

I see the success rate is 40 percent. How much of that is because only level 4/5 towers being able to release there?
It's not the only factor. We've had low level tower washouts, mid level up/down washouts and N90 washouts. Right now though all we can seem to get is the lower level guys because of their ability to release. Recently a couple higher level transfers we were supposed to get declined their offers before even coming here.

This place truly is one of either you got it, or you don't. There is no faking it until you make it here. A lot of people come here chasing the money and it doesn't work out because 98% of the time, those people don't have what it takes.

Please come take a tour and really watch the operation and ask questions in person before deciding to apply.

It's not the only factor. We've had low level tower washouts, mid level up/down washouts and N90 washouts. Right now though all we can seem to get is the lower level guys because of their ability to release. Recently a couple higher level transfers we were supposed to get declined their offers before even coming here.

This place truly is one of either you got it, or you don't. There is no faking it until you make it here. A lot of people come here chasing the money and it doesn't work out because 98% of the time, those people don't have what it takes.

Please come take a tour and really watch the operation and ask questions in person before deciding to apply.
True or false, I heard y'all were pencil whippin' em through for a little while over there? You guys even got a release or 2 a few panels back it memory serves correctly right?

True or false, I heard y'all were pencil whippin' em through for a little while over there? You guys even got a release or 2 a few panels back it memory serves correctly right?
Yea we had one guy leave on a regular ERR but that was it. Since then we've had 8-10 people leave us on retirements/sup gigs/TMU etc so the staffing is right back down again. Covid definitely hurt us there with not being able to train.

And yes for sure we have some CPC's here that shouldn't be here.

Yea we had one guy leave on a regular ERR but that was it. Since then we've had 8-10 people leave us on retirements/sup gigs/TMU etc so the staffing is right back down again. Covid definitely hurt us there with not being able to train.

And yes for sure we have some CPC's here that shouldn't be here.
I’m guessing y’all arnt hurting enough for an open bid anytime soon? Btw thanks for all the good info

I’m guessing y’all arnt hurting enough for an open bid anytime soon? Btw thanks for all the good info
No I highly doubt we'll ever get that priority MOU bid again. Our Facrep is against it because we don't get to choose who gets picked up on it. A body is a body to the FAA. Anybody is trainable in their eyes.

Doesn't make sense to me personally to be against the priority MOU since we don't get to choose from regular ERR's anyways right now due to release restraints. We just rank them and hope for the best.

No I highly doubt we'll ever get that priority MOU bid again. Our Facrep is against it because we don't get to choose who gets picked up on it. A body is a body to the FAA. Anybody is trainable in their eyes.

Doesn't make sense to me personally to be against the priority MOU since we don't get to choose from regular ERR's anyways right now due to release restraints. We just rank them and hope for the best.
So it would be better to put in a face to face for the err? Or are you saying it doesn’t matter either way

Who chooses

Who chooses
The NCEPT panel ultimately chooses. At the local level Natca/ATM collaborate to rank the ATM list. At least that's how it's been up until recently. We just got a new permanent ATM finally so that may change as far as collaboration goes.

It's always better to visit in person and talk to Facrep/ATM and tour the facility afterwards.

The NCEPT panel ultimately chooses. At the local level Natca/ATM collaborate to rank the ATM list. At least that's how it's been up until recently. We just got a new permanent ATM finally so that may change as far as collaboration goes.

It's always better to visit in person and talk to Facrep/ATM and tour the facility afterwards.
There’s confusion here.
The priority release MOU that was used for the special NCEPT panel for A80/LAX in 2017 were done via NCEPT but the priority release MOUs for PHL/N90/C90 are separate. So if you got a priority release MOU bid on usajobs it would not be NCEPT. Also during the special draft there were only 2 facilities so you get to choose by ranking.

Back
Top Bottom