A80

What's the most difficult part about A80? Having never been in the operation (yet) it seems like the arrival stuff should be relatively repetitive, especially with the volume of commercial flights you have.

Runways are far enough apart to run simuls, correct?

Do you have RNAV off the ground on departure?

Y’all released 2 to N90 recently. They’re in my area
We had a sup leave A80 for N90 as a sup or maybe an OM and I'm not sure who the other would be.

What's the most difficult part about A80? Having never been in the operation (yet) it seems like the arrival stuff should be relatively repetitive, especially with the volume of commercial flights you have.

Runways are far enough apart to run simuls, correct?

Do you have RNAV off the ground on departure?
The approach wall isn't that difficult it's repetitive like you say. The most difficult part of A80 I'd say is just being able to rise to the occasion when volume comes on the approach wall and satellite traffic and when the weather comes and all the standard shit goes out the window.

Yes we run triple simultaneous approaches in all weather. When we are triple ILS we need to run PRMs though because of distance between 9R/27L and 10/28. It's like 100' short or something ridiculous like that. Sometimes we run trip departures.

Yes we have RNAV otg departures. Departure is very easy.

Natca lost a lot of members in January. Nationally. I don’t think locals were the problem it was how Natca handled the Vaccine mandates, training stops and COVID in general.
In addition to that I think the biggest reasons people left were NCEPT, the renewing of the slate book and the far left leaning bullshit they were peddling for a few months I’m summer 2020.

But according to leadership all those people left over “just one thing” lol.

I’m curious if A80 is now the highest percentage CPC wise non union facility? 28/73 CPCs (38.3%) that actually work here, and aren’t on national details, are now not in the union.
My buddy at ZTL says they’re on the higher end of non union members as well.

I highly doubt it. In the eyes of the FAA we're perfectly staffed, no crisis here.
And you will never get help, the bang for the buck with staffing their is excellent so the FAA will never work to change it, and since over 33% of the BUE’s bailed on NATCA they will never help any of you on a macro level lol.

Y'all still picking up just about anyone who applies? Thinking about putting in for A80 as it looks like my only hope of getting out of where I am.

Noticed A80 is something like a 40% pass rate. Is that because people pull themselves from training or is it legitimately that difficult to learn? Or is it a culture problem? I’m from a 5 but would love to give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom