Austin Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
3-9-6 a. “ … if you can determine distances by reference to suitable landmarks … “

With 1/8 sm vis, I can’t imagine you meet the criteria. I would also assume controller applied visual separation would apply here as well? But maybe I’m only familiar with it because we don’t have a radar in the tower. Nonetheless, I’ve held departures with an arrival on a 10 mile final because I can’t even see the runway environment. Admittedly that would probably be different if I had a radar but I’m not trying to fuck around and find out.

I’d rather people think I’m a shitty controller for holding someone than the entire NAS know I’m a shitty controller by sending it. No need to be a hero and damn sure don’t need to prove anything.
You can think I'm I shitty controller, but I'll be damned if anyone knows I'm a shitty controller. ?

There were 2 in the tower. One was tower only.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Which means the other should’ve been CIC/CS and fully capable of stepping in to what this moron was doing.

Which means the other should’ve been CIC/CS and fully capable of stepping in to what this moron was doing.
There were 2 in the tower. One was tower only.

I'm guessing ground/cic was busy enough to not be paying attention to local. Here are all the departures this morning. Though I don't think ground controls the pushes in Austin from one of the videos I saw so I wouldn't think it's too hard. I just know my facility gets hectic in the early morning for just two people some days.

But still, the runway is definitely a part of it too. Their airfield diagram doesn't show one, but the runway is always going to be a part of it.

Yes, you can have aircraft closer than 2 if using visual but with 1/8 sm that ain't gonna hold up in a court of law
Runway would be the localizer critical area which can have a departure pass through it. Glideslope critical area is the one that can't have anything go through it, but that's on the opposite side so it wouldn't be a factor. 3-7-5.

Was FedEx really 3 mile final when he cleared WN or was it like 2.5ish?

Congratulations AUS winners of the bid for the next version of ASDE thanks to this retard
Funny you say that, I was at RDU the other day and saw they didn’t have an ASDEX and was surprised they were like, “yea we don’t want that snitch machine anyways”… ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom