Austin Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Employee used leave” is a reasonable justification to use for a trainee not to get their hours, that is in fact on the drop down that the atm and Natca rep have to submit for all their trainees .

So anyone blowing you if a huge part of the problem. Good on you for asking. If that shit happens again refuse to train and ask why that’s not a reasonable justification for you to use as to why your trainee doesn’t get their hours. Ask to see those justifications as well

This is why we have fucking problems for staffing morale etc
Yeap... When I brought it to the rep's attention the excuse was... Well they (management) can assign work... Are you f+@&$ serious... Hung up the phone after that... But hey hour plus pushes are more important to protect than trainees taking leave and being basically punished for doing so ?‍♂️

This thread has everything. I thought the site peaked with the N90 stuff, but that was only the appetizer.

Here comes this disaster of a situation out of no where! And it’s only February. What a year it will be!

Can’t wait to hear all the dirt on this guy! Not that any of it will be surprising, but still!

Isnt it sad that everyone is afraid to say whats really going on...even though everybody KNOWS? Self censored into the abyss. The country has gone to shit man

This kind of safety event is a culmination of everything that is wrong with the agency and our staffing and transferring policies.

I've read stories of nepotism and cronyism in other countries and have been thankful that our system isn't like that. I'm guilty of wearing rose tinted glasses. I was wrong and naive. Maybe our system doesn't have those exact isms, but we're experiencing the same results.

There is no acceptable reason for why the complete hole in the swiss cheese was blocked only by a FedEx flight crew flying blind in the soup and luckily smelling shit from three miles away.

Anyone who has been in the agency and has seen a few batches of trainees come in has met this guy. King scammer. Been in the agency ten years and has been training the whole time. Nothing is ever their fault. They don't study or know how to apply any of the rules. They do more work filing for hardships and scamming around the country than if they would actually apply themselves to certifying. We will meet this person again and again.

I am once again wearing the rose tinted glasses with the rollout of TEAM, that maybe giving hours back for shoddy documentation will be more of a rarity and we can finally start showing scammers the door.

Yeap... When I brought it to the rep's attention the excuse was... Well they (management) can assign work... Are you f+@&$ serious... Hung up the phone after that... But hey hour plus pushes are more important to protect than trainees taking leave and being basically punished for doing so ?‍♂️
Are you saying a trainee training is punishment?

Are you saying a trainee training is punishment?

It's their job to train... But if they take leave they shouldn't have to make up that time they missed because of some stupid horseshit made up number of hours they need a day that management rams down our throats because we HAVE TO MEET THE NTI... Instead of using the fu-@&# approved impediments (like trainee took leave).

If there is good training and it's beneficial hell yeah throw their ass in there. But if it's slow and not beneficial... You have trainees check out and who aren't ready and are dangerous... Kinda like this situation right here

And as far as I can see didn’t even attempt to set up vertical sep
Careful... the guy averages a different facility every other year. He'll be your ATM before too long at this pace.

He said shiiiiiit contact departure, they’ll figure it out… guess the headings were ok though since they departed 18L… I mean I’d a bailed SWA right but I’m no tower flower. Maybe a Dept on 18R?
If you would have said anything with "immediately" in it, it would have been better than what happened.

If you would have said anything with "immediately" in it, it would have been better than what happened.
Lol no doubt. Bro was just super nonchalant about it all.

Nothing like the FDX on top climbing to 3,000ft and the SWA on bottom climbing to 4,000ft…. my lord.

Austin controllers are trash ?️

Yes!

It's not enough to just not be trash... we must be actively ANTI-trash.

This guy has shamed an entire profession. Austin is the butt of all jokes!

Sorry The Worst GIF by Studios 2016

Lol no doubt. Bro was just super nonchalant about it all.

Nothing like the FDX on top climbing to 3,000ft and the SWA on bottom climbing to 4,000ft…. my lord.
Maybe in his tenure as a trainee he only learned that you need 1000ft and they didn't quite get to not climbing someone through another plane. At least that dude that had the ODO debacle at BHM can breathe now that there's a new "Worst Squeeze Play King"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom