Biden Endorsement

This is your reminder NATCA extended our contract with 1.6% annual raises during an extended period of elevated inflation (9% at its peak) with “the most pro-union administration ever” instead of negotiating for better pay and work/life benefits. Can’t wait for the slate book to be extended to 2030!!!
1.6 is supposed to match GS step increases. It serves a purpose and is based on moving you through the pay scale at the same rate a GS moves through the GS scale. 1.6% is not changing.

If we opened pay negotiations we would negotiate the scales or the breakpoints for TCI, not 1.6%.

1.6 is supposed to match GS step increases. It serves a purpose and is based on moving you through the pay scale at the same rate a GS moves through the GS scale. 1.6% is not changing.

If we opened pay negotiations we would negotiate the scales or the breakpoints for TCI, not 1.6%.
Never knew that but it completely makes sense. Thanks

Very informative indeed. Thank you

Do we know that’s even right though? And even if it is, fuck that, we are supposed to have a CBA to negotiate our own pay, if we can’t why not be on the GS scale?
One reason is because it caps 30k lower and can’t be exceeded even with premiums and overtime. Your literal paycheck is capped biweekly not to exceed about $7000.

Do we know that’s even right though? And even if it is, fuck that, we are supposed to have a CBA to negotiate our own pay, if we can’t why not be on the GS scale?
Who is we? Do the math yourself. Research it yourself. Look at how long a GS has to work to achieve top step. Then do some math and see how many 1.6% raises gets you to the top of the band.

See my prior post, what I said is we would negotiate pay bands and break points, not the yearly 1.6%.

Never knew that but it
Who is we? Do the math yourself. Research it yourself. Look at how long a GS has to work to achieve top step. Then do some math and see how many 1.6% raises gets you to the top of the band.

See my prior post, what I said is we would negotiate pay bands and break points, not the yearly 1.6%.
Exactly, the 1.6 is only to approximate step increases. It takes exactly 18 years to advance from step 1 to step 10. ATC pay bands are not as exact but the example I ran the numbers on takes 19 years but the band is larger than the GS equivalent by a couple thousand dollars which explains the slight difference. The 1.6 over the career of the controller closely approximates the GS step increase because under pay reclass that is what it was negotiated to do.

A lot of GS employees get bonus money.
This statement depends on several factors linked below, not all employees receive cash/leave awards:

A lot of GS employees don’t get their step increases because their managers give them shitty performance reviews….so there’s that too. You get your 1.6 even if you’re a shit.
I believe you are referencing the grade increases for positions that are (for example) 9/11/12 ladder. Step increases are automatic, grade increases for positions that are ladder are not (pending full performance level at the supervisors discretion). Usually you have to be a complete dick (or vice versa the Supervisor) to not approve ladder increases. Check out the /fednews reddit and read the horror stories.

I believe you are referencing the grade increases for positions that are (for example) 9/11/12 ladder. Step increases are automatic, grade increases for positions that are ladder are not (pending full performance level at the supervisors discretion). Usually you have to be a complete dick (or vice versa the Supervisor) to not approve ladder increases. Check out the /fednews reddit and read the horror stories.
I’m referencing step increases. They are not automatic.

Used to work in federal HR; I’ve never seen someone not get their step increase but I’ve seen plenty of people receive Quality Step Increases where they skip a step due to good performance.
That doesn't make any sense I only leave an hour early and take every break we should all get our 1.6

Back
Top Bottom