Biden Endorsement

You guys do not understand how the contract negotiations take place.

You remember the huge piece of shit who was going to be in charge of the negotiations under the Trump administration, and fuck us over royally (which was happening to other feds and luckily didn't happen to us because of the contract extension)? HE'S STILL IN THAT POSITION, and would still be doing everything in his power to fuck us over even though Biden and the rest of the admin have now changed/are more favorable to labor. Until he gets ousted/moved/retired, trying to renegotiate is extremely risky.
Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 2.00.44 PM.png

I keep hearing he is favorable to labor, and the most "union friendly" president ever, but he keeps showing us otherwise

You guys do not understand how the contract negotiations take place.

You remember the huge piece of shit who was going to be in charge of the negotiations under the Trump administration, and fuck us over royally (which was happening to other feds and luckily didn't happen to us because of the contract extension)? HE'S STILL IN THAT POSITION, and would still be doing everything in his power to fuck us over even though Biden and the rest of the admin have now changed/are more favorable to labor. Until he gets ousted/moved/retired, trying to renegotiate is extremely risky.
Which individual are you referring too. Name a name!

The government and the fed teamed up to drop money from helicopters in the streets of America while simultaneously telling everyone to stay home and not produce goods and services to stop the spread. It was very obvious to anyone who understood economics that prices would rise dramatically. It started with Trump and all the terrible fraud filled programs of the early pandemic (PPP, enhanced unemployment benefits, eviction moratorium, student loan payment moratorium, stimmies) and was exasperated by the Biden admins continuation/expansion of the programs. The resulting inflation was inevitable and if those in charge of negotiating on our behalf couldn't see it unfolding, maybe we need smarter people doing the negotiating.
Expanding on this a little... this was a time when everyone in America had their hands out begging for free money from the government. A time when the government was writing blank checks to the politically well connected. Look at all the industries that were bailed out. The airlines, cruise lines, hotels, restaurants, etc. Everyone was taking more than their fair share of free money and the government was so "generous" with the taxpayers money and the consequence-free money printer. They didn't want the weakness in the economy to be reflected in the reality of the situation. But during such a "labor friendly administration" one that's so friendly we endorsed it again, we were too afraid to put our hand out amongst the rest. As a result, we've been boned by inflation and our quality of life has been greatly diminished in the last 3 years, especially for the younger controllers who didn't own a house, stocks, and were making low salaries at a low level tower compared to their older, more established peers.

CEOs and Wall Street got tremendously richer with the aid of the government (cronyism) while working controllers were told "this is the best contract you could possibly have and Rinaldi appreciates your continued financial support." It's really unfortunate the union has so much power/influence over things like the way ncept is conducted and how trainees have to "play the game" (which essentially forces people to be a part of the union the to insure the well-being of their career), while simultaneously having almost no power/pull for getting things done on a legislative level to fix the issues we all face today.

NATCA has a class called “Hate Politics Too? Let’s Talk”…absolutely absurd considering they waste no time gawking over Biden/Harris and Hakeem Jeffries and taking subtle jabs at DeSantis and Cruz at the convention. The best part of the convention was when some dude from St. Thomas Tower got up to discuss waiving initiation fees for members at his facility that left the union due to vaccine mandates and spoke about how the union didn’t have the backs of the BUE’s and were prepared to let them get fired. NATCA was quick to take a victory lap and point out that “nobody was fired because they chose to not get the vaccine”; funny thing about that is, they weren’t fired because a conservative leaning supreme court ruled the mandate unlawful.

A president who claims to be "labor friendly" blatantly backed billionaire businessmen instead of backing a unionized workforce that voted down a labor contract. You do not see how that is relevant criticism?

Go sit in the corner until you figure it out.
I think you stopped paying attention in December. All of those rail unions ended up getting the PTO they wanted that they were going to strike for.

IMG_3742.jpeg

So they all get 20-30% raises and the PTO they wanted while the rest of us are spared the consequences of a rail strike. Fuck Biden though, right?

I think you stopped paying attention in December. All of those rail unions ended up getting the PTO they wanted that they were going to strike for.

View attachment 8596

So they all get 20-30% raises and the PTO they wanted while the rest of us are spared the consequences of a rail strike. Fuck Biden though, right?
This can’t stop me cause I can’t read

Inflation had already started when the extension was signed. Anyone who took high school economics knew inflation was coming and was going to get worse. That’s why the Slate Book extension was a gut-punch.

They have no legit answer for saying they didn’t know. None! I’ve heard multiple excuses and none add up.

They think our pay is keeping up? It’s not.

They think our work schedule is acceptable? It’s not.

They think it’s ok for us to be punished for medical dept delays? It’s not.

Leadership is doing nothing that’s visible to the members. They’re all about to be out the door and appear to not care about us.

Management just laughs on to the next promotion.

Looking backward is not the solution. We need to look forward and force change for the better.

Last edited:

View attachment 8596

You highlighted the wrong quote. "We know that many of our members weren't happy with our original agreement." Is the important takeaway. Yeah, they were so unhappy that THEY VOTED IT DOWN and to STRIKE. So the right of the workforce to collectively bargain was overturned and overruled by the government, the business, and the leaders of the union. The workers were actively disenfranchised at each wrung of the ladder, including the people they elected to represent them based off how they vote on matters.

I don't care if the Biden administration gave each worker a 50% raise and triple the amount of PTO they requested: they actively stripped bargaining power away from the workforce AND the leaders of the union cowered to both the government and the businesses. The workers got a pittance after the fact and without fanfare so other people wouldn't see that collective bargaining can be EFFECTIVE. And this became yet another example of a union's leadership disregarding the majority voice of the rank and file because the leadership thinks they're "playing the long game" or know better than their dues paying members. "Solidarity forever, except for maybe this time because we might be able to pull some strings behind the scenes, if you just trust us enough, and clap hard enough to not let Tinkerbell die."

So, yeah, fuck Biden. And fuck the Republicans who want to crush workers from the outset. And fuck the elected leaders of a union who willfully disrespect the outcome of a vote. Fuck. Them. All.

You highlighted the wrong quote. "We know that many of our members weren't happy with our original agreement." Is the important takeaway. Yeah, they were so unhappy that THEY VOTED IT DOWN and to STRIKE. So the right of the workforce to collectively bargain was overturned and overruled by the government, the business, and the leaders of the union. The workers were actively disenfranchised at each wrung of the ladder, including the people they elected to represent them based off how they vote on matters.

I don't care if the Biden administration gave each worker a 50% raise and triple the amount of PTO they requested: they actively stripped bargaining power away from the workforce AND the leaders of the union cowered to both the government and the businesses. The workers got a pittance after the fact and without fanfare so other people wouldn't see that collective bargaining can be EFFECTIVE. And this became yet another example of a union's leadership disregarding the majority voice of the rank and file because the leadership thinks they're "playing the long game" or know better than their dues paying members. "Solidarity forever, except for maybe this time because we might be able to pull some strings behind the scenes, if you just trust us enough, and clap hard enough to not let Tinkerbell die."

So, yeah, fuck Biden. And fuck the Republicans who want to crush workers from the outset. And fuck the elected leaders of a union who willfully disrespect the outcome of a vote. Fuck. Them. All.

I think we need a party that actually cares about workers rights. Perhaps having more parties is actually a good thing. Maybe people would stop calling me a gross lib instead of a progressive and I could sleep easy at night. Oh well two party state forever

It’s tough to say that the unions have any less bargaining power now than they did before. It was an extraordinary scenario. Christmas season with near peak inflation with a supply chain that was still recovering from the pandemic. A rail strike would have crippled the country. And who’s to say he would have done what he did without reasonable assurance the unions would eventually get their PTO?

It’s tough to say that the unions have any less bargaining power now than they did before. It was an extraordinary scenario. Christmas season with near peak inflation with a supply chain that was still recovering from the pandemic. A rail strike would have crippled the country. And who’s to say he would have done what he did without reasonable assurance the unions would eventually get their PTO?
I say this as politely and playfully as possible, more jester than zealous rant: that is one of the most sycophantic center-left media cope takes out there. I am surprised 32andBelow didn't write it.

The voice of the majority of dues paying union members were disregarded. Full stop. No wand waiving with "it all worked out for them in the end." Nah, bro.

It was an extraordinary scenario? You can make any labor action seem like it is happening during an extraordinary scenario. "Can't strike now, fellas, there's a war/pandemic/recession/depression/supply chain crisis/seasonal allergies influx on!"

There's a reason why the government has gone to extraordinary lengths to make sure that law enforcement, ATC, and other "essential services" no longer have the right to strike. That level of a labor action immediately creates an extraordinary scenario so they want to squash/have squashed any ability of that with legislation. The government can get away with doing that for "essential services" because a relatively safe argument to make to appeal to most normal people is "a strike is a direct danger to the profitability of a business enterprise, and a community is not a commercial enterprise; therefore a strike by essential employees is truly a direct danger to the fabric of society." That immediately hampers to some degree strikes made by government employees.

How much longer until that justification moves down to the Arby's drive-thru? "Sorry, Chad, the government says you can't strike because those Beef & Cheddars are necessary to the survival of democracy." Yeah, that's a ridiculous example, but so are fucking choo-choo trains.

The right of the laborer to strike and inflict economic harm is their largest weapon against those who profit off their labor.

It is SUPPOSED to hurt.

And if/when it hurts, the businesses need to be able to come back to the table and negotiate a labor agreement, with labor, in good faith. The businesses were originally not willing to do that, so they manipulated the government to work in their favor. The workers decided to exercise the largest weapon at their disposal to inflict economic harm and bring businesses back to the negotiating table. That power was USURPED by the President & Congress, and the leaders of the union allowed it to happen instead of, you know, solidarity and collective bargaining.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

I say this as politely and playfully as possible, more jester than zealous rant: that is one of the most sycophantic center-left media cope takes out there. I am surprised 32andBelow didn't write it.

The voice of the majority of dues paying union members were disregarded. Full stop. No wand waiving with "it all worked out for them in the end." Nah, bro.

It was an extraordinary scenario? You can make any labor action seem like it is happening during an extraordinary scenario. "Can't strike now, fellas, there's a war/pandemic/recession/depression/supply chain crisis/seasonal allergies influx on!"

There's a reason why the government has gone to extraordinary lengths to make sure that law enforcement, ATC, and other "essential services" no longer have the right to strike. That level of a labor action immediately creates an extraordinary scenario so they want to squash/have squashed any ability of that with legislation. The government can get away with doing that for "essential services" because a relatively safe argument to make to appeal to most normal people is "a strike is a direct danger to the profitability of a business enterprise, and a community is not a commercial enterprise; therefore a strike by essential employees is truly a direct danger to the fabric of society." That immediately hampers to some degree strikes made by government employees.

How much longer until that justification moves down to the Arby's drive-thru? "Sorry, Chad, the government says you can't strike because those Beef & Cheddars are necessary to the survival of democracy." Yeah, that's a ridiculous example, but so are fucking choo-choo trains.

The right of the laborer to strike and inflict economic harm is their largest weapon against those who profit off their labor.

It is SUPPOSED to hurt.

And if/when it hurts, the businesses need to be able to come back to the table and negotiate a labor agreement, with labor, in good faith. The businesses were originally not willing to do that, so they manipulated the government to work in their favor. The workers decided to exercise the largest weapon at their disposal to inflict economic harm and bring businesses back to the negotiating table. That power was USURPED by the President & Congress, and the leaders of the union allowed it to happen instead of, you know, solidarity and collective bargaining.

Meh. I don’t think you’re allowing for any nuance here. If you get pulled over for speeding once you don’t necessarily have a speeding problem. Maybe you just had to shit. If you get pulled over twice, cause for alarm. Three times you have a problem.

I don’t see it as Union busting because I believe it’s an isolated issue. Hopefully I’m right. Biden staying out of the WGA strike is a good sign

It is SUPPOSED to hurt.

The Supreme Court already ruled that businesses can sue strikers for damages caused by the strike, which is the most anti labor thing I’ve seen from any politician

It is SUPPOSED to hurt.

I don’t know who you are but you are laying it down like the Breaking Bad guy

Attachments

• IMG_2816.jpeg
    IMG_2816.jpeg
    13.4 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom