Change of station leave

I’ve been digging but couldn’t seem to find the answer to my question. Do academy new hires going to their facility get 8 days COS leave? If so, do weekends count towards those 8 days?

I’ve been digging but couldn’t seem to find the answer to my question. Do academy new hires going to their facility get 8 days COS leave? If so, do weekends count towards those 8 days?

Yes you’ll get “x” amount of “travel days” to go from OKC to your first facility. You’ll also get an additional 8 days COS if you choose to use (you have 2yrs to use it) if you want to save some. No weekends don’t count for the days. For example, I went to ZMP after the academy and it was 2 travel days, then an additional 8COS days.

Yes you’ll get “x” amount of “travel days” to go from OKC to your first facility. You’ll also get an additional 8 days COS if you choose to use (you have 2yrs to use it) if you want to save some. No weekends don’t count for the days. For example, I went to ZMP after the academy and it was 2 travel days, then an additional 8COS days.

Thank you! If you were to fly from OKC, would they let you fly somewhere other than where your facility is? I would like to fly home to pack my place and then drive to my facility.

Thank you! If you were to fly from OKC, would they let you fly somewhere other than where your facility is? I would like to fly home to pack my place and then drive to my facility.

Section 5. Terminal/En Route Academy Graduates a. Upon graduation from initial training at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center, terminal and en route employees shall be provided with the following options: (1) The employees will be provided an airline ticket and given one (1) day of travel before reporting to the facility to which assigned. This is the authorized method of travel for purposes of applying for reimbursement under the FAATP; or (2) The employees may elect to travel via a privately owned vehicle (POV). The employees will be granted excused absence up to the number of days indicated in Appendix G, for travel to the facility to which assigned. Excused absence is not granted for regular days off (RDO).

To de-code the copy and paste above given and wordy government stuff. Yes. They’ll pay for your plane ticket either to your new facility or to your residence. Then from your residence to your new facility is on your own dime though obviously. You won’t get two birds with one stone there.

Tell them you are driving to your facility and get your travel days, they reimburse mileage (or give you the cheapest flight they can find, whichever is less). Then buy your own plane ticket home and drive from there. Hopefully your home isn’t in the opposite direction of your facility.

Just to make sure I understand this correctly: if my placement day is on Friday and I have two travel days to reach my facility, plus weekends don’t count, that means I don’t have to be at my facility until Wednesday?

Just to make sure I understand this correctly: if my placement day is on Friday and I have two travel days to reach my facility, plus weekends don’t count, that means I don’t have to be at my facility until Wednesday?

Your first full day of travel begins the day AFTER you select your facility. If that happens to fall on a weekend then travel is pushed to Monday.

Does anyone know if you still get COS leave if you got in via the N90 local bid, where you had to already live close to the facility to even begin the hiring process? I fall within the 50 mile radius, but I would probably be looking to move shortly after starting to make my commute less insane.

Does anyone know if you still get COS leave if you got in via the N90 local bid, where you had to already live close to the facility to even begin the hiring process? I fall within the 50 mile radius, but I would probably be looking to move shortly after starting to make my commute less insane.

If you're referring to the n90 ots bid, you would still get travel days from the academy and the 8 days of cos. No matter where you live

Tell them you are driving to your facility and get your travel days, they reimburse mileage (or give you the cheapest flight they can find, whichever is less). Then buy your own plane ticket home and drive from there. Hopefully your home isn’t in the opposite direction of your facility.

I was actually thinking about doing that but didn’t know if people had done so before. Thanks for clarifying that!

Back
Top Bottom