Developmental Save Pay Question

I was a D3 at a level 12 facility and withdrew from training. The NEST sent me to a level 6 and I got save pay to the highest D3 pay at the level 6. I checked in today and was told they would be getting upgraded to a 7 in a few months. Would I keep my save pay from the level 12 and move up to the max of level 7 D3 or would I get a raise at all? Also, if I’m maxed out D3, do I get a raise once I get CPC?

I was a D3 at a level 12 facility and withdrew from training. The NEST sent me to a level 6 and I got save pay to the highest D3 pay at the level 6. I checked in today and was told they would be getting upgraded to a 7 in a few months. Would I keep my save pay from the level 12 and move up to the max of level 7 D3 or would I get a raise at all? Also, if I’m maxed out D3, do I get a raise once I get CPC?

For the first question, if you're within the D3 bands I don't think you get a pay raise with facility bump. As far as the last question, when you get promoted you move to the minimum of that band, or a 6% payraise, whichever is higher. So if you're at the max of D3, that is also the min of CPC so you'll get a 6% raise. Section 108 Pay of the contract explains it further.

Last edited:
This is what I found in the CBA Article 108 Pay.

Developmentals in a facility whose ATC FPL increases will have their current developmental Basic Pay increased by six percent (6%) per level up to the pay band maximum and subsequent developmental pay sets will be recalculated to correspond with the new ATC FPL.

Didn’t think I was ready for the day in day out complexity. Maybe I could have got it maybe not, but I made the choice and I haven’t regretted it yet. Even after seeing the pay cut.
OMG man, it’s like having your first baby, the day before you ship off to the military, or the loss of your first close relative. Nobody is ever truly “ready” because it’s impossible to be, but just like in all those examples almost everyone always gets though it ok. Hope it works out for the best for you long term.

Whatever you make going forward will have nothing to do with the level 12 you withdrew from. Ideally you want to be checked out BEFORE the upgrade, so you can get a 6% raise to the CPC (not D3) band. Kinda like the June 1.6% is sorta moot when you are a trainee.

In other news... Facilities are actually upgrading!? Maybe the vaunted "pre 9/11" traffic is returning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom