Easiest facilities for every dollar/ hardest facilities for every dollar

I don't work at D10, I work at one of those "busier" TRACONs with 6-10x the airspace. Hell we might be coworkers. Consolidated numbers are a fucking scam and you know it
As long as everyone still has to work arrivals for the main airport theirs no scam. Either way, all the super TRACONs would still be 12s without consolidation.

You might want to look into the consolidated tracons. They literally have departures only areas and you never work arrivals.

It's impressive that there are controllers that can work the entirety of ORD, MDW, and all the satellites, while there are controllers at consolidated TRACONs that work lvl 5 traffic with fat staffing. Both with lvl12 pay.

I guess a dumb question would be why isn't their more cross training? For example at N90 why not require ISP controllers to be trained on a few LGA, EWR, or JFK positions? Seems like it would be more fair/balanced and would make staffing a bit more robust as well. Even being able to add an extra CPC on departures could free up another better CPC to work more difficult arrival positions in a pinch.

Last edited:
It's impressive that there are controllers that can work the entirety of ORD, MDW, and all the satellites, while there are controllers at consolidated TRACONs that work lvl 5 traffic with fat staffing. Both with lvl12 pay.

I guess a dumb question would be why isn't their more cross training? For example at N90 why not require ISP controllers to be trained on a few LGA, EWR, or JFK positions? Seems like it would be more fair/balanced and would make staffing a bit more robust as well. Even being able to add an extra CPC on departures in a pinch could free up another better CPC to work more difficult arrival positions in a pinch.
Woah how would they scam then

Chicago center has whole areas that are departures only. I would say that's easier than an approach control doing departures only. But the worst of it is the VFR practice approaches. Imagine having so much flight training that your area's traffic count is higher than the area that runs arrivals into SFO.

I guess a dumb question would be why isn't their more cross training? For example at N90 why not require ISP controllers to be trained on a few LGA, EWR, or JFK positions? Seems like it would be more fair/balanced and would make staffing a bit more robust as well. Even being able to add an extra CPC on departures in a pinch could free up another better CPC to work more difficult arrival positions in a pinch.
Can I get the info on what tracon's and area these are so I can hardship there?

Back
Top Bottom