Enroute Class pass rate

Why? I'm about to start en route training lol
It’s cheaper to weed out at the academy and no union to back you. They are trying to implement a more advanced curriculum and not just teach the basics anymore. Trainees now come to the center with no clue how to do the job. They are just looking for aircraft 2.5 miles from boundary and looking at colors on the EDST. Not even looking at the scope to see traffic conflictions and just depending on the computer to tell them what is going on so we have to teach them from square one. The new academy curriculum (rumor) that is supposed to role out here shortly is going to me more R-side minded which is pretty hard if you have no ATC background. Having a 15% academy success rate will be beneficial to the center because it will speed up training time since the graduates coming in will be more advanced which means less TRBs and wasted times taking up bodies to train. It’s the only thing that will solve the current staffing issue. That and if they reimplement the geographical preference which they are talking about doing.

It’s cheaper to weed out at the academy and no union to back you. They are trying to implement a more advanced curriculum and not just teach the basics anymore. Trainees now come to the center with no clue how to do the job. They are just looking for aircraft 2.5 miles from boundary and looking at colors on the EDST. Not even looking at the scope to see traffic conflictions and just depending on the computer to tell them what is going on so we have to teach them from square one. The new academy curriculum (rumor) that is supposed to role out here shortly is going to me more R-side minded which is pretty hard if you have no ATC background. Having a 15% academy success rate will be beneficial to the center because it will speed up training time since the graduates coming in will be more advanced which means less TRBs and wasted times taking up bodies to train. It’s the only thing that will solve the current staffing issue. That and if they reimplement the geographical preference which they are talking about doing.
When is this new curriculum supposed to role out? I start basics on the 25th

I could only imagine how many more people would be working OT at their facilities with a 15% pass rate from the academy. I agree that those leaving the academy should be adequately trained, but In my own opinion 3 months is to short to have high expectations for those who have no prior experience.

?? you're joking, right? You think the answer to staffing is a LOWER pass rate? The current pass rate can barely keep up with the rate of attrition.

This isn't a problem with the trainees. It's a problem with the training program.

1A070342-C84D-4AE7-A2BA-8305780F3CF0.gif

Makes you wonder how many of these EnRoute washouts would be successful if given the opportunity to try the Terminal course. While it wouldn't necessarily solve the problem at the Z's it would probably go a long way to helping the level 4, 5, and 6 towers.

I wonder how many good Terminal candidates are excluded from future hiring. Also makes you wonder how many would intentionally wash because, "they wanted a tower anyway."

Makes you wonder how many of these EnRoute washouts would be successful if given the opportunity to try the Terminal course. While it wouldn't necessarily solve the problem at the Z's it would probably go a long way to helping the level 4, 5, and 6 towers.

I wonder how many good Terminal candidates are excluded from future hiring. Also makes you wonder how many would intentionally wash because, "they wanted a tower anyway."
They had someone pass enroute not long ago and then quit right after they passed evals because they realized they didn’t like en route and wanted to go to tower instead.

They had someone pass enroute not long ago and then quit right after they passed evals because they realized they didn’t like en route and wanted to go to tower instead.
Wow, that's gotta be the dumbest person in the agency. They just gave up seniority and TSP contributions when all they had to do was suck it up at the center for a little bit before withdrawing or hardshipping to whatever tower you want.

They decided they didn’t like en route based off the academy en route experience? That’s rather short sighted.

Perhaps but now they probably won’t ever get the chance to do either.
I mean I get what everyone is saying but would you really want to go to a center with the explicit plan to wash out and get sent to a tower? Just be miserable there and have everyone hate you and waste who knows how much time of your life in some random ass state just to up and move again.

Back
Top Bottom