Enroute Class pass rate

Faa evaluators getting warmed up
???

I evaled a few weeks ago and one of the evaluators that gave us the FAA briefing before jokingly referred to himself as the "Dream Killer". Of course I go first and walk into the lab and sure enough "Dream Killer" is grading me. He said my run was near perfect . . . .I got a 68.

???

I evaled a few weeks ago and one of the evaluators that gave us the FAA briefing before jokingly referred to himself as the "Dream Killer". Of course I go first and walk into the lab and sure enough "Dream Killer" is grading me. He said my run was near perfect . . . .I got a 68.
Damn if a 69/100 to him is near perfect I’d hate to see his wife ?

???

Well what did he write you for.

Both non Radar and Radar evaluations is like 60% confidence 40% what you know.

That’s ridiculous. I ran a perfect run and the guy gave me 98 and took off 2 for deadwood. He just didn’t have the 100 in him.
Has to take some points so the FAA knows he was paying attention.

I'm not complaining just happy to have passed. It's just crazy to me how small the difference between a good and great score is in Radar. Before finishing, I did not understand how so many people fail but now I know.

Last edited:
Has to take some points so the FAA knows he was paying attention.

I'm not complaining just happy to have passed. It's just crazy to me how small the difference between a good and great score is in Radar. Before finishing, I did not understand how so many people failed but now I know.
Sometimes it just comes down to your voice tone. That goes all the way through training. You can easily have a deal and have your trainer miss it too if you sound like you know what you’re doing.

If you don't mind me asking, what made the 4 fail? Was the radar eval just super hard?
Could be any number of things. There are people who go into radar evals “technically” able to pass. Y’know, go into it with 4 total points and need 3 perfect runs. Miss one point and you’re done. Some people go in at the top of their class and completely blow it under pressure.
The people who failed out of our class decided to have the evaluator come get their stuff because they were too embarrassed to face the class. No goodbyes or anything.

Back
Top Bottom