Enroute Class pass rate

ROC is so crime ridden that the first season of LIVE PD had their ex Chief of police James Sheppard as the studio expert. Lot of experience! As far as the thread topic... The Enroute Class pass rate is highly erratic, and if you can get to ZNY do it. Can transfer after CPC and before you need to retire!

View attachment 2793
Got to call you out on the go to ZNY and transfer thing, you see their NCEPT numbers? It’s statistically impossible for the next 20 years unless you claim allergies and hardship to Denver lol.

ROC is so crime ridden that the first season of LIVE PD had their ex Chief of police James Sheppard as the studio expert. Lot of experience! As far as the thread topic... The Enroute Class pass rate is highly erratic, and if you can get to ZNY do it. Can transfer after CPC and before you need to retire!

View attachment 2793
LOVING the new profile pic :rofl:

Wow what happened?

Who was their instructor?

I mean when you have a 27% pass rate is it really the students?

Ineffective staff utilization is what happened, Eram evaluators should've been broken into two group, problems 1-10 is open to all, problems 11-12 should've been reserved for the selected few (speed from NY, former PV evaluators, current FAA, etc.).

Our lead instructor is a dirtbags, so there's no problem with him. Going around the room practising point out help built those muscle memories. Going around the room practising new stuff, all stopped when our lead instructor went on a week leave.

Not missing a point out in the PV evals, wasn't good enough to passed...

Ineffective staff utilization is what happened, Eram evaluators should've been broken into two group, problems 1-10 is open to all, problems 11-12 should've been reserved for the selected few (speed from NY, former PV evaluators, current FAA, etc.).

Our lead instructor is a dirtbags, so there's no problem with him. Going around the room practising point out help built those muscle memories. Going around the room practising new stuff, all stopped when our lead instructor went on a week leave.

Not missing a point out in the PV evals, wasn't good enough to passed...
Maybe grammar or maybe alcohol? The world will never know.

View attachment 2793
The city has ghettos like any other, nobody lives there. 200,000 within city limits 1 million in the county. Cost of living in upstate NY is super low. You're gonna live in a suburb, city's irrelevant. Winter's are roughhhhh.

Whoever got Cleveland is lucky. That Center has the highest morale, and is generally considered gods country. This is according to 8 of 10 controllers surveyed. Congrats! (Bonus: Super Bowl contending football team this year).
There is so much good and bad heard on here about centers that who knows what is true lol. But I did order myself a set of Browns overalls, as a new fan ???

Not saying that the academy is easy nor that it should be. But what was the difference of last weeks class vs this one?

Or any class in the past where one class had a high success rate and the other didn’t. That needs to be looked at. Likewise is it the instructors or the students? I guess I just find it hard to believe that more then half of the people are not capable to get passed OKC.

I think they were shuffled around a bit with various instructors. The class before them had a great instructor team, the next class’ was meh.

I think they were shuffled around a bit with various instructors. The class before them had a great instructor team, the next class’ was meh.
Now is that a problem? There’s no consistency in that.

Let me rephrase, I know that training at a facility may be inconsistent, not good, etc. But if staffing levels are low and there 1 class that has 100% success rate, another class with a 27% success rate, and the next class after that with a 80% success rate. Then there’s something wrong. Under staffed facilities aren’t going to be fixed in this manner where the pipeline isn’t throwing people their way. Like I said before academy shouldn’t be a cake walk, but if they’re suppose to teach you everything you need to know to get through OKC, then it’s hard to believe that 73% of the individuals that failed that class are incompetent in this subject matter.

Last edited:

Let me rephrase, I know that training at a facility may be inconsistent, not good, etc. But if staffing levels are low and there 1 class that has 100% success rate, another class with a 27% success rate, and the next class after that with a 80% success rate. Then there’s something wrong. Under staffed facilities aren’t going to be fixed in this manner where the pipeline isn’t throwing people their way. Like I said before academy shouldn’t be a cake walk, but if they’re suppose to teach you everything you need to know to get through OKC, then it’s hard to believe that 73% of the individuals that failed that class are incompetent in this subject matter.
It's not hard to believe, it's not like this is the first time the pass rates have varied this much between classes

It's not hard to believe, it's not like this is the first time the pass rates have varied this much between classes
I get that, i just feel the trend was much closer as far as the analytics go. Not a drastic change, and yea these classes are smaller. But, if the classes are smaller wouldn’t that be better for both the students and the instructors? So shouldn’t we be seeing a higher success rate then in the past?

I get that, i just feel the trend was much closer as far as the analytics go. Not a drastic change, and yea these classes are smaller. But, if the classes are smaller wouldn’t that be better for both the students and the instructors? So shouldn’t we be seeing a higher success rate then in the past?
Look at the classes for the last 2 years. There have been ones that are like 3-4/18. It just happens. The selections are completely random

You can know all the information and still fail. You can’t teach someone how to manage that much pressure in a month and a half. You either can or can’t. That’s all the academy is trying to figure out. The information is not that hard part. Keeping your shit together for 3 45 min problems with an entire career on the line is the tough part.

Back
Top Bottom