February (Q2) 2022

Anyone have the ATM ranking list for not this NCEPT but the one prior? And know when we can get the ranking list for this last one?

lmao at all the people clinging to NCEPT as a good idea. Worst case on record in my facility before NCEPT was a five year release date. Here I am seven years in and (before they make it even harder to swap next time they change the rules) I'm looking at another three. I would kill to have the old system back.

Facilities are supposed to get waivers to circumvent NCEPT and pick up supes. My facility gets it approved every. single. time. Mgmt is having their absolute way with BUEs on this. L.

Also where the hell do people get off saying that NCEPT did away with the "good ole boy" system when most ATMs sit down with FacReps to make the ranking list. Honestly though, I'm not against that part of NCEPT at all. If you want to get to a facility you should at least make an effort to reach out and also not be a total dick in your current facility. All I'm saying is that the people who think that NCEPT did away with that have no idea how it actually goes down. That's not even mentioning the #dynamicdecisions.

Another hot take is that I genuinely wish they would let these OKC kids swap with each other before they ever set foot in a facility. This bones people like me short term, but I don't want to spend any more time training someone who doesn't want to be here when the problem could have completely been alleviated with an hour's worth of paperwork before it even started. Controllers who got hired post-sequester all got the shit end of the stick, and the people who talk shit about them usually either knew their facility before they set foot in OKC or got to pick states. Some of the guys I talked to who were talking shit about everyone wanting to transfer were MARC school grads and never even went to OKC.

Look; I'm about as pro NATCA as they come. I contribute to and recognize the importance of the PAC, and I'm spend a lot of my free time working for my local. By no means a "WhAt HaS NaTcA DoNe FoR mE?!" type. NCEPT was a great idea. In its current form it's a sack of shit.

lmao at all the people clinging to NCEPT as a good idea. Worst case on record in my facility before NCEPT was a five year release date. Here I am seven years in and (before they make it even harder to swap next time they change the rules) I'm looking at another three. I would kill to have the old system back.

Facilities are supposed to get waivers to circumvent NCEPT and pick up supes. My facility gets it approved every. single. time. Mgmt is having their absolute way with BUEs on this. L.

Also where the hell do people get off saying that NCEPT did away with the "good ole boy" system when most ATMs sit down with FacReps to make the ranking list. Honestly though, I'm not against that part of NCEPT at all. If you want to get to a facility you should at least make an effort to reach out and also not be a total dick in your current facility. All I'm saying is that the people who think that NCEPT did away with that have no idea how it actually goes down. That's not even mentioning the #dynamicdecisions.

Another hot take is that I genuinely wish they would let these OKC kids swap with each other before they ever set foot in a facility. This bones people like me short term, but I don't want to spend any more time training someone who doesn't want to be here when the problem could have completely been alleviated with an hour's worth of paperwork before it even started. Controllers who got hired post-sequester all got the shit end of the stick, and the people who talk shit about them usually either knew their facility before they set foot in OKC or got to pick states. Some of the guys I talked to who were talking shit about everyone wanting to transfer were MARC school grads and never even went to OKC.

Look; I'm about as pro NATCA as they come. I contribute to and recognize the importance of the PAC, and I'm spend a lot of my free time working for my local. By no means a "WhAt HaS NaTcA DoNe FoR mE?!" type. NCEPT was a great idea. In its current form it's a sack of shit.
NATCA's garbage. Fight me. You're better off sucking your supes dyq then relying on NATCA to file a grievance or have management follow any type of procedure. More times than not our NATCA rep rolls over for the manager so the rep can earn #dynamicfavors. At least if youre liked by management, someone else is getting it up the butt, not you. Good ole boy system. Plus I know NATCA has always leaned left, but they went overboard this past couple years. And NCEPT is completely broken. It's amazing seeing newly checked out CPC's bypass everyone in the facility out the door. I think the idea was actually pretty good in theory. The reality however, is much much worse. I agree with the OKC swap. Seems like a no brainer. At the end of the day though, the FAA only cares about filling slots. They couldn't care less about the guy spending 25 years at a level 4-7 facility so long as the FAA's goals are met. It is what it is, but there are ways to circumvent this. Take a supe bid, it doesn't matter if you're below numbers to release. They can approve waivers. Hardship if you can.If you can line something else up for a year, quit then reinstate. The supe bid is probably the easiest way out. Shotgun 20 applications out and see what happens

I received my informal phone call Friday at 4pm, and received my TOL this morning.

FOL’s aren’t a set time though. They have to check security/medical after you send back a signed TOL, then tell the managers to work out a release date, then issue FOL. I was told under cat 1 I will be released sometime between tomorrow and August 28th, so there’s that.

Back
Top Bottom