February (Q2) 2022

“under the current NCEPT rules” lol. The rules don’t matter man, it’s as worthless as the Canadian constitution. That’s why I feel bad when I see people analyzing release potentials down to the hundredth of a percentage point. The panel gives no fucks about the clear cut established rules when making selections, they don’t even know what the meaning of advanced analytics is.
Just take out the clause that says the panel reserves the right to accommodate extraordinary circumstances and its fixed (sorta)

I worded that poorly, I didn’t have the PPT up to see the exact names of the columns. I meant we were under 85% current CPC to target, but 95% projected to target. It’s the awful sweet spot created by the national release policy and NCEPT that doesn’t let anyone go but doesn’t let us pick up anyone either, at least under the current NCEPT rules.
Ok that makes sense. So if you’re under 85 current due to the reasons you stated then you’re not deemed healthy and hence the 6 day weeks and 0 releases. If your projected is 95% then you should have a bunch of trainees and the answer to get healthy and be eligible for release is certifications. I’m just outlining the intent in theory here. There’s plenty of facilities that fall into and get stuck in bad ruts in the data.

Anyone know what the spike in 2017 was? Was that the N90 bid?

Also you Termine, you should change your initials to SS, superstar.
Also one of the big jumps up or down in projected was a ‘retirements and other losses’ adjustment.

Change my mind but you should be blacklisted if you accept a FOL and then later turn it down to block another person from leaving the facility. Also why is it not a thing that once you’ve signed a TOL all other offers are void. You shouldn’t be able to pick and choose and hold a slot for yourself either sign TOL and everything else gets erased or deny it.

Change my mind but you should be blacklisted if you accept a FOL and then later turn it down to block another person from leaving the facility. Also why is it not a thing that once you’ve signed a TOL all other offers are void. You shouldn’t be able to pick and choose and hold a slot for yourself either sign TOL and everything else gets erased or deny it.
That used to be an issue but I don’t think anyone does that anymore. When the panels were working the way the rules were designed there were panels where 20%+ of the offers got turned down because people thought they could get a better offer 3 months later. Now pickups are so rare over 95% of people take their offers.

Electricfence I pulled those staffing averages straight from the PPT, the published XLS file has all the runs going back to late 2015. I wouldn't know where to look for hardship numbers.

Electricfence I pulled those staffing averages straight from the PPT, the published XLS file has all the runs going back to late 2015. I wouldn't know where to look for hardship numbers.
Really that’s where you pulled them from? I didn’t know ?

I appreciate you doing the work that I’m too lazy to do. And hardships isn’t anywhere to be found, that easily can be considered PII. So we will never know. But if I had to guess those numbers skyrocketed once people realized the good ole boy system went away. If I were a betting man, keep those people at their facilities, or at least that counted Cpc, they chart you made would look a lot better

Variations of this statement have been made for years. Numerous NCEPT panels conducted where selected individuals decline TOL/FOL.

It’s fun (I guess) to think about/debate, but nothing has, will, or can be done.

Variations of this statement have been made for years. Numerous NCEPT panels conducted where selected individuals decline TOL/FOL.

It’s fun (I guess) to think about/debate, but nothing has, will, or can be done.
One of the most frustrating things such a scum bag thing to do to your coworkers and currently happening at my facility right now…..

One of the most frustrating things such a scum bag thing to do to your coworkers and currently happening at my facility right now…..
If you turn down a TOL or FOL, you can’t put in an ERR for 12 months. If you didn’t know that, and someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Ok that makes sense. So if you’re under 85 current due to the reasons you stated then you’re not deemed healthy and hence the 6 day weeks and 0 releases. If your projected is 95% then you should have a bunch of trainees and the answer to get healthy and be eligible for release is certifications. I’m just outlining the intent in theory here. There’s plenty of facilities that fall into and get stuck in bad ruts in the data.

Bud, I explained this already. We were stuck at those numbers for almost a year because we couldn't train, thus we couldn't certify, and we couldn't pick up anyone new because the NCEPT rules kept changing:

As another poster said, I’d gladly take a 3 year release date to a facility that I’ve networked to get selected by and see a light at the end of the tunnel than have disappointment after disappointment when my facility can’t release as each panel comes and goes for reasons beyond local control (training bans due to Covid with waivers not being allowed being the biggest one lately, the second being a combination of not being able to select any new people due to those trainees not being able to train and blocking any further incoming ERRs from being picked up due to NCEPT selection rules/any direct hires, and being above the maximum level that academy grads can go to).

The system is broken with facilities like mine unable to climb out of the "ruts" you speak of.

If you turn down a TOL or FOL, you can’t put in an ERR for 12 months. If you didn’t know that, and someone correct me if I’m wrong.
There is no rule that you cannot reapply. If you accept an offer from NCEPT all other ERRs are dropped out. If you decline it that ERR is dropped out. You can reapply to anything at any time. Now someone correct me if I’m wrong ?.

Bud, I explained this already. We were stuck at those numbers for almost a year because we couldn't train, thus we couldn't certify, and we couldn't pick up anyone new because the NCEPT rules kept changing:

The system is broken with facilities like mine unable to climb out of the "ruts" you speak of.
My reply was really just to address the intent in your post. It seemed like you were saying you were staffed well but couldn’t release. The fact that you can’t select just means your number of trainees is sufficient reference current CPCs and outbounds. And yes everything about the training pauses turned out to be awful

There is no rule that you cannot reapply. If you accept an offer from NCEPT all other ERRs are dropped out. If you decline it that ERR is dropped out. You can reapply to anything at any time. Now someone correct me if I’m wrong ?.
You’re wrong. NCEPT SOP is real

This is sarcasm I really don’t know. I heard this was a rule essentially blocking people gets you on a no err list. Now that I question everything, I don’t believe it to be true

Last edited:
You’re wrong. NCEPT SOP is real

This is sarcasm I really don’t know. I heard this was a rule essentially blocking people gets you on a no err list. Now that I question everything, I don’t believe it to be true
This has never been a rule. Declinations are tracked and then ignored.

They knew people would do this to further restrict movement, which is the whole point of ncept, so if anything the FAA loves people who do it.

Your union could have argued for some clause punishing shill errs but chose not to.

Feel free to hate on the people filling out bogus errs but I choose to hate the game, not the players

Back
Top Bottom