General Questions

First time ERR-er here,

Have been trying to educate myself on the process and ask a lot of questions. For those of us that are not techy, what is the easiest way to go about completing the ERR paperwork packet?

I've tried downloading the templates that I see online. So what happens next? My Mac laptop doesn't recognize it. Try it on my iPad, and it says it doesn't work on tablets (Adobe and such). So, then I try it on my Windows laptop where I see labels like "fillable" and "click to edit". Only you can't edit anything because you need permission. That or you start to make some progress, but you can't edit the margins or save your progress.

All of this before I create a resume for the first time in a decade or attempt to operate a fax machine for the first time in, like, ever.

I promise I'm not 200-years-old and I'm very wiling to go through the steps, but what advice would those that are good at this stuff recommend? Just starting from scratch? Would I have better luck on a work computer?

It's absolutely incomprehensible that there's not a click, click, submit option online somehow. That or why I need to describe my ATC duties on my resume. As if we all don't do the same exact thing, but I digress.

Thanks in advance
Pay for a month of office if you don't have it already. Then use your windows laptop although it should work fine on your Apple laptop if you have office. Download the latest version of the ERR generator on this site that was tirelessly developed by southwest416 (a true life saver). Fill out the basic info. It will generate all the forms you need. You have to attach your own performance eval and it's probably best to create a resumé in word. There will be a page or 2 that your supervisor needs to sign. Print it, scan it, back into a pdf, and use a 1 week free trial of Adobe pro to delete the old and insert the new signed pages. Do a free trial of an efax service and attach the completed pdf packages and fax them to the correct regions.

Lastly, and this is the most important step.... go unselected for years on end until hope slowly fades away and accept that your current facility is your forever home unless ncept is abolished or the FAA miraculously meets it's hiring needs for the first time in history. Good luck, have fun!

ERR Generator:

For your resume just use USA jobs.
I've had facreps and especially ATMs tell me that they use the resume as a major part of their ranking list decision. Probably best to tailor it a little more than a usajobs resume. Union positions held, local committees, airspace redesign input, helped the ATM choose the color of the new carpet, whatever.
use a 1 week free trial of Adobe pro to delete the old and insert the new signed pages
Preview on Mac can do this for free. Well, for free after the cost of the Mac.

Email your OWN region NCEPT POC and ask them for a list of what facilities they have you down for. They should be able to give you a list for the entire FAA, not just your home region.
Asked my local union rep for the POC for ERR and was told 'they don't want their personal email out there'...on a bid my union rep had in to the same facilities I had in.

Asked my local union rep for the POC for ERR and was told 'they don't want their personal email out there'...on a bid my union rep had in to the same facilities I had in.
The POCs are listed on the KSN page, and maybe the NATCA NCEPT page too IIRC. From there you just look them up in Outlook. Sorry not sorry.

The POCs are listed on the KSN page, and maybe the NATCA NCEPT page too IIRC. From there you just look them up in Outlook. Sorry not sorry.
Thank you, I don’t see them on ksn but some one else sent me how to find it on natca. This process shouldn’t be this hard

Back
Top Bottom