General Questions

How long does it USUALLY take to get a confirmation email/letter back from HR that they received your ERR. I put mine in last weekend and called HR last Monday. She said she did receive it and was going to email me a confirmation email, but I haven’t gotten it yet. Just trying to make sure it doesn’t fall through the cracks for this NCEPT.
They mailed my bottom portion back to me stamped with the date received. I think it took about a week and a half or so

They mailed my bottom portion back to me stamped with the date received. I think it took about a week and a half or so
I've had mine turned in since June, and I've only ever received a phone call stating that they got my paperwork. Am I supposed to get an email or that bottom part of that piece of paper?

For most of mine I heard back in probably a week and a half maybe close to two, but I did notice that a few more I submitted closer to the ERR cut off date took longer... probably more like 2-2.5 weeks. I can only imagine how it is for them when the new priority list comes out and HR gets slammed with hundreds of ERR packages the following days for those that chase the list.

Some regions I believe have moved away from mailing the slips back. I prefer the email notification but I know that Northwest Mountain hasnt sent me notification for any submissions since June. When i call they say everything is submitted though and managers are getting me on their ranking lists so who knows

For me, it varied depending on the region. The northwest mountain region mailed the slips back in a week and a half with the date they received it stamped on the slip. The new england region mailed it back after 2 weeks with the date I sent it stamped on it. The eastern region took almost 3 weeks to mail it back with the date they received it stamped on it. The great lakes region simply called me after 4-5 days and said they received it and I would be on their lists. I mailed all of my ERR's on the same day.

Ok here’s one..two actually

As a CPC-IT - as I understand you can withdraw from training at any time and get sent through the NEST or go back to your old facility, staffing permitting. It’s not like you are part of the numbers to get released. They can’t not let you ‘quit’.

Also, I know you can try to ERR as a CPC-IT and it’s after everyone else and hopefully the new facility selects you — so in that case do they have to let you go too?

So then my real question kind of related to the above one, still CPC-IT, bid on a non-good time job in DC or OKC and are actually selected (long shot and unlikely but just entertain me here), is it the same thing, just withdraw from training and they have to let you go to the new job? Or can they deny it?
Within the ATO or another line of business? If it's outside the ATO you can get selected for a job and you aren't held to the NCEPT release categories. Just agree on a release date between the appropriate management officials.

I don't think anything addresses this scenario exactly, but the NCEPT releases still apply to both. My guess is it would be handled individually, based on what the DM wants to do.

Ok here’s one..two actually

As a CPC-IT - as I understand you can withdraw from training at any time and get sent through the NEST or go back to your old facility, staffing permitting. It’s not like you are part of the numbers to get released. They can’t not let you ‘quit’.

Also, I know you can try to ERR as a CPC-IT and it’s after everyone else and hopefully the new facility selects you — so in that case do they have to let you go too?

So then my real question kind of related to the above one, still CPC-IT, bid on a non-good time job in DC or OKC and are actually selected (long shot and unlikely but just entertain me here), is it the same thing, just withdraw from training and they have to let you go to the new job? Or can they deny it?
As a CPC IT i bid for and was picked up at a new facility. It was b4 NCEPT though. My training stopped and I was given a very quick release date. I want to say I was gone within two pay periods. It was b4 NCEPT though.

Can an ATCS who is medically incapacitated due to an SSRI bid a Front Line Supervisor job?
Any bid you apply for that says a medical is needed if picked will verify you have your medical before giving you a FOL for the position. You can get a TOL. But won't get the FOL till you get the medical back. OM and ATM positions don't require medicals

In your experience (if you're familiar with this), how long would the FAA wait for an applicant to get their medical back after a TOL has been issued?

Can an ATCS who is medically incapacitated due to an SSRI bid a Front Line Supervisor job?
Yes. You can also get issued a TOL if your medical is expired.
Before HR can issue you a FOL, you'll have to have a valid ATC medical completed.
For FAA employees that have moved out of the ATO and into non-drug-test positions, they'll also have to complete a drug test before a FOL can be issued back into an ATC job.

EDIT: For SSRI use, I have no idea. It's up to the AME. Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners

Last edited:
Im new to understanding this. Would greatly appreciate any help with getting my "packet" together to submit for ERR to a handful of places. I need to get this ball rolling. Thanks in advance!

BG

Im new to understanding this. Would greatly appreciate any help with getting my "packet" together to submit for ERR to a handful of places. I need to get this ball rolling. Thanks in advance!

BG
Isn't there a sample ERR that's completely filled out?

I could not find it on here but if someone at a facility certifies after the last PPT before an NCEPT panel but before the day of the NCEPT, so in between, do they count or is it completely locked in after the PPT?

I could not find it on here but if someone at a facility certifies after the last PPT before an NCEPT panel but before the day of the NCEPT, so in between, do they count or is it completely locked in after the PPT?
Doesn't count. Numbers are locked after the PPT is finalized.

If they're that close it should be included in the projected numbers, either way it's all magic

If they're that close it should be included in the projected numbers, either way it's all magic
It's not.
That's not how projected works.
Although I think maybe they might have addressed this issue last panel in the minutes for the first time. Went through day of and added some certs. Now I'm unsure if this was just certs from before the cutoff like in passed panels when it was an issue caused by the inefficiencies of SWB or if they did them AOB as of draft day.

Back
Top Bottom