General Questions

Does anyone know if the HR rep for the Southwest refion sends confirmation emails when they receive your ERR paperwork or do they mail you the slip? In the past I have received the slips in the mail but I had another HR rep send me a confirmation email from another region. Haven’t heard anything from the Southwest Refion yet and I can’t get ahold of him.

Does anyone know if the HR rep for the Southwest refion sends confirmation emails when they receive your ERR paperwork or do they mail you the slip? In the past I have received the slips in the mail but I had another HR rep send me a confirmation email from another region. Haven’t heard anything from the Southwest Refion yet and I can’t get ahold of him.

Friend of mine got a confirmation phone call

You're looking for Dave Harrington, give him a call and leave a message. He's a good guy and just got off vacation.

I received a snail mail receipt when I submitted paperwork to the Southwest region, but this was probably 6 months ago. I’d have to check my email for the exact submission date, but within the last 6-9 months for sure. It also took a couple weeks after I submitted my paperwork to receive it.

It's not.
That's not how projected works.
Although I think maybe they might have addressed this issue last panel in the minutes for the first time. Went through day of and added some certs. Now I'm unsure if this was just certs from before the cutoff like in passed panels when it was an issue caused by the inefficiencies of SWB or if they did them AOB as of draft day.
This might be a stupid question but what does AOB stand for? Kind of in the same boat just got our numbers but it is not reflecting in the numbers yet

It's not.
That's not how projected works.
Although I think maybe they might have addressed this issue last panel in the minutes for the first time. Went through day of and added some certs. Now I'm unsure if this was just certs from before the cutoff like in passed panels when it was an issue caused by the inefficiencies of SWB or if they did them AOB as of draft day.
So if we’re cureently above the CPC national avg which when I last looked was 80.8 and we just got above it to 84.4 we satisfy the criteria to become a cat II correct? When do they lock in the ppt? And if they locked in the ppt before our facility updated our numbers does that mean our bids will not be sent to facilities?

You're looking for Dave Harrington, give him a call and leave a message. He's a good guy and just got off vacation.
I got a hold of someone and he called me back Friday morning. It was funny because as busy as he is he just wanted to chat about anything and everything. I was thinking, "don't you have a lot of work to do?" lol

So if we’re cureently above the CPC national avg which when I last looked was 80.8 and we just got above it to 84.4 we satisfy the criteria to become a cat II correct? When do they lock in the ppt? And if they locked in the ppt before our facility updated our numbers does that mean our bids will not be sent to facilities?
The ppt will lock in late October and you have to be above natl avg AOB and above 85% projected to be CAT2.
If they lock it before SWB is updated correctly then you'll probably have to get your RVP to get it fixed before the NCEPT.
I believe all the info you're looking for is in the resources tab on this site.

What should you do if you suspect your facility's PPT data is incorrect?

So, I've been reading around and can't find anything solid on my questions. If you know where, please point me in the right direction and I'll read up on my own. If not, please advise?

I'm currently at a CAT 2 facility looking to go to a CAT 2 facility.

I currently have an ERR in for the first NCEPT meeting next year, but I've found someone at the facility I want to go to, to swap with. Is it worth it to attempt a swap as well as an ERR? Also, for a swap, do we really just need to write a letter to our ATM's and then the ball is rolling with a swap? I know swaps are looked at last in the NCEPT process, it just seems like a swap is the easiest way? No?

Also, let's say a swap does happen, both lvl 10 ARTCC's, is it up to the new facility training department to decide which area that new person goes to? Or does each person literally swap areas as well?

Thanks

So, I've been reading around and can't find anything solid on my questions. If you know where, please point me in the right direction and I'll read up on my own. If not, please advise?

I'm currently at a CAT 2 facility looking to go to a CAT 2 facility.

I currently have an ERR in for the first NCEPT meeting next year, but I've found someone at the facility I want to go to, to swap with. Is it worth it to attempt a swap as well as an ERR? Also, for a swap, do we really just need to write a letter to our ATM's and then the ball is rolling with a swap? I know swaps are looked at last in the NCEPT process, it just seems like a swap is the easiest way? No?

Also, let's say a swap does happen, both lvl 10 ARTCC's, is it up to the new facility training department to decide which area that new person goes to? Or does each person literally swap areas as well?

Thanks
Swaps are very rare now with NCEPT. They do them at the end so your odds of getting selected in the panel are much higher.
Areas are irrelevant, you'll get assigned an area by your new facility.

Question about column X (projected retirement). Can someone explain how a facility can have a .5 projected retirement under column X when no one at their facility is eligible to retire for another 2 years and the average training time in years (Column M) is .75? This is holding our facility back from releasing someone.

Question about column X (projected retirement). Can someone explain how a facility can have a .5 projected retirement under column X when no one at their facility is eligible to retire for another 2 years and the average training time in years (Column M) is .75? This is holding our facility back from releasing someone.
It's proj retirements and other losses. It's described in the FAQ on KSN. It's data given to them by a formula from Finance and factors in numerous possible loss types. Including the .00064% chance CPC Bob gets hit by a bus.

The NCEPT still uses 85% or another percentage as the National Average when it allows a facility to lose 1 person below the National Average? Does it ever change or it stays?

So I understand release date priority goes to the controller who’s receiving facility priority is the highest if multiple people are selected on the same panel from the same facility.

My question is let’s say the atm says we can release one prior to the one year release date and everyone else is being held a year. Controller A has the higher priority receiving facility and says he wants to leave in August. Controller B is second in priority and says he wants leave in June. Is it based on who wants to leave earlier? Such as a date gets freed up, or still just straight priority and controller A gets to leave first regardless of his desired date?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom