General Questions

Ok thanks. Is it 85% for Current CPC too?
It's in the FAQ. AOB (current) is natl avg. proj is 85%

So I understand release date priority goes to the controller who’s receiving facility priority is the highest if multiple people are selected on the same panel from the same facility.

My question is let’s say the atm says we can release one prior to the one year release date and everyone else is being held a year. Controller A has the higher priority receiving facility and says he wants to leave in August. Controller B is second in priority and says he wants leave in June. Is it based on who wants to leave earlier? Such as a date gets freed up, or still just straight priority and controller A gets to leave first regardless of his desired date?
Technically the language is it's entirely up to the 2 ATMs discretion at or before 12 months for CAT2. So if you're gonna negotiate anything outside of that to reverse dates based on controller preference there's probably some 'work around' at play there so if it doesn't work out I don't think you'll have any real gripe.

So a partial hypothetical:
I got released as a Cat 2. Let's say ATM gives me a release Oct 19 (11 months). So long as I'm still here, I count as CPC towards National Average. If a trainee certifies in January (somewhat likely), then potentially 2 more would be eligible for release on Feb Ncept, right? And since additional trainee certified, would that mean potential exists for those two to be released via Cat 1 rules and get out before me?

those two to be released via Cat 1 rules and get out before me?
no. youd be offered the cat 1 before them. It will take some time though. the certifications would have to be input into staffing work book, ncept would have to see them, ncept contacts HR, HR then contacts ATM to upgrade your release date if you want it. So Oct would become within 3 months from when you become a cat 1 facility. the next to be released would be offered whatever the staffing looks like based on your release.

So a partial hypothetical:
I got released as a Cat 2. Let's say ATM gives me a release Oct 19 (11 months). So long as I'm still here, I count as CPC towards National Average. If a trainee certifies in January (somewhat likely), then potentially 2 more would be eligible for release on Feb Ncept, right? And since additional trainee certified, would that mean potential exists for those two to be released via Cat 1 rules and get out before me?
No. And your example has too many unknowns to the audience. If the added cert brings your AOB up to 2 bodies above natl avg and your proj in feb can withstand 2 losses then yes you'll be able to release 2. At any point in time if a ppt posts and your facility is CAT1 then that at or before 3 months release is given to first in line awaiting release. Can be pushed to 6 at the discretion of the employee

Last edited:
Meh. Some facilities make their own rules. I was selected in the June 2018 panel and given a release date of late April 2019. My coworker was selected in the Aug 2018 panel (I believe) and was given a Jan 2019 date... only reason that I even know this is that I saw it written on the fac rep's white board. Nobody asked me if I wanted to leave earlier. Fac rep and VP just mumble when I asked how someone selected behind me got released before me.

At this point I don't care. I'm building a house and it won't be done until Mar. I don't want to move in the dead of winter. And I'll be finished with my online schooling come Mar... but you better believe that if my house is completed early they will be moving my date up whether or not they want to.

but you better believe that if my house is completed early they will be moving my date up whether or not they want to.
Then you better start telling people now that you should have the earlier release (instead of just asking your natca reps why it happened.) Go to your ATM or the regional natca person.
If your house is completed early, and then you want to move earlier, I'd expect that to be denied. Reason being: "So GBP, you've known for months now that you should have been offered an earlier date, why'd you wait so long to bring it to our attention? We would have fixed it if you had told us, but it's too late now."
Seems to me like you only want the earlier release if it benefits you at the last minute. :whistle:

So are there legitimate grounds for grieving a release date that's within the NCEPT rules (we are Cat 2)? My ATM gives staffing as reason for holding me 6MO, wants to wait until other controller gets CIC (though that controller is eligible in just 5MO) Last year with lesser staffing he gave someone a release within 1 month of the NCEPT selection date.

No. It's at or before 12 months at the discretion of the ATM, it's in the MOU. And it was a huge victory for the union cuz before NCEPT some ATMs made you wait 2 years.
6 months man you got lucky.

"6 months man you got lucky." Well I suppose "lucky" is relative given the last guy getting out of here in a month. But life will go on. Thanks for the data.

Quick question - I submitted ERR ppwk about a week before the shutdown and never got a confirmation back. of course with the shutdown it all goes on hold anyways. but should i just call HR and verify? i've heard some regions email back and others snail mail confirmations back...i just want to make sure my paperwork was received.

Quick question - I submitted ERR ppwk about a week before the shutdown and never got a confirmation back. of course with the shutdown it all goes on hold anyways. but should i just call HR and verify? i've heard some regions email back and others snail mail confirmations back...i just want to make sure my paperwork was received.

100% yes call

Forgive my ignorance, I've searched and can't seem to find a solid answer. If you have an ERR package for multiple facilities, hypothetically if you can be accepted by both of those facilities, are you given multiple TOLs and then you choose? Or are you basically locked in to whichever facility chooses you first?

Forgive my ignorance, I've searched and can't seem to find a solid answer. If you have an ERR package for multiple facilities, hypothetically if you can be accepted by both of those facilities, are you given multiple TOLs and then you choose? Or are you basically locked in to whichever facility chooses you first?
Once you're selected your name gets pulled from everything else. So there's no gettting selected twice.

Under NCEPT, it is whatever facility chooses you first. Moral is, just submit an ERR to a facility or two that you actually want and don’t just shotgun a bunch trying to get out the door.

Back
Top Bottom