General Questions

Forgive my ignorance, I've searched and can't seem to find a solid answer. If you have an ERR package for multiple facilities, hypothetically if you can be accepted by both of those facilities, are you given multiple TOLs and then you choose? Or are you basically locked in to whichever facility chooses you first?
ERR

hey...is it true that round 2 is only for level 9 facilities and below? this is my first NCEPT process so I'm just trying to get clarification, getting conflicting answers lol. so i put in quite a few ERR's and only 1 facility has a pick up for round 1, the rest have round 2. the facility with the round 1 spot has a lot of round 2's by the way but i was told since its higher than a 9 it wouldn't matter...

hey...is it true that round 2 is only for level 9 facilities and below? this is my first NCEPT process so I'm just trying to get clarification, getting conflicting answers lol. so i put in quite a few ERR's and only 1 facility has a pick up for round 1, the rest have round 2. the facility with the round 1 spot has a lot of round 2's by the way but i was told since its higher than a 9 it wouldn't matter...
yes. you don't know how many people can be picked up yet because numbers haven't been updated since november

yes. you don't know how many people can be picked up yet because numbers haven't been updated since november
I get that and like everyone else i'm patiently waiting to see what the actual numbers will be next month, but thanks for clarifying!

Read the FAQ or the MOU. 10+ has 0 picks in round 2 cuz they only Inbound up to proj natl average in round 1. 9s or less Inbound up to proj natl average in round 1 and then up to target (100%) in round 2.

What else do you expect to change? The one on KSN says it's not "official" but the numbers are being changed every week.

Yeah, wasn't talking about the priority list just the PPT
Any PPT will tell you how many picks a facility has for that time stamp. And the only time stamp that matters is the one they'll use for the NCEPT. In this case the one that will be posted in March. And it will give you no information as to the draft order. The priority list draft order will post shortly after the March ppt and will be titled April.

I think maybe I'm just not asking my question correctly. I understand the timing of the lists I was only asking if there was some expected change(ie retirement projections etc changing) since MJ said it hasn't been updated since November. The placement tool has been being updated weekly now with correct staffing numbers from the workbook anyways.

I've had several discussions with colleagues at work, but no one seems to know the answer. How is column X calculated in the PPT? My facility has one pending mandatory retirement at the end of 2019 (no one else is even close to being a mandatory retirement), but we're showing over 1 in the Projected Retirement and Other Losses column. We had a mandatory retirement at the end of 2018 and the number in X doesn't seem to have been updated, despite that particular CPC no longer included in the H column.

Additionally, are there any other facilities experiencing a discrepancy between SWB data and the data on KSN and/or PPT? The number of trainees in column M is one less than the number in SWB and has been for months. Facility management indicates that the number is correct in SWB.

Last edited:
I think maybe I'm just not asking my question correctly. I understand the timing of the lists I was only asking if there was some expected change(ie retirement projections etc changing) since MJ said it hasn't been updated since November. The placement tool has been being updated weekly now with correct staffing numbers from the workbook anyways.

You asked your question fine, people are just swinging their junk around. Yes, you can use the current PPT as a general guide as to what to expect for the next panel in terms of number of releases/selections. Of course facilities will have trainees certify, people will retire, facilities will add people, etc. which could change the numbers in the next month, but don't expect any major changes.

I've had several discussions with colleagues at work, but no one seems to know the answer. How is column X calculated in the PPT? My facility has one pending mandatory retirement at the end of 2019 (no one else is even close to being a mandatory retirement), but we're showing over 1 in the Projected Retirement and Other Losses column. We had a mandatory retirement at the end of 2018 and the number in X doesn't seem to have been updated, despite that particular CPC no longer included in the H column.

Additionally, are there any other facilities experiencing a discrepancy between SWB data and the data on KSN and/or PPT? The number of trainees in column M is one less than the number in SWB and has been for months. Facility management indicates that the number is correct in SWB.
Generated by finance based on people eligible to retire, historical retirement times, historical attrition. It's a yearly projection so its only updated yearly.

Get FACREP/RVP invovled to fix the posted number.

Any idea of what the Manager's are generally looking for when ranking candidates and does that ranking hold firm once it reaches the NCEPT folks and it's their time to actually make selections?

2 level 12 TRACON tickets a level 8 up/down in my FAA career and was skipped at SCT for 6 candidates, 4 of which were from a level 10 and below. I saw a level 6 and 7 in there, too! At the time my facility was a Cat 1 or 2 and I think we were releasing 5 or more. Congrats to everyone who got selected, I Don't mean any hate on you guys/gals. Just trying to make sense, if any, of all this. ?

Any idea of what the Manager's are generally looking for when ranking candidates and does that ranking hold firm once it reaches the NCEPT folks and it's their time to actually make selections?

2 level 12 TRACON tickets a level 8 up/down in my FAA career and was skipped at SCT for 6 candidates, 4 of which were from a level 10 and below. I saw a level 6 and 7 in there, too! At the time my facility was a Cat 1 or 2 and I think we were releasing 5 or more. Congrats to everyone who got selected, I Don't mean any hate on you guys/gals. Just trying to make sense, if any, of all this. ?

Did you visit the facility and meet with the manager/natca rep? Also, how good is your hand shake? ;)
It should hold firm because the atms are able to see the rankings after they are submitted.

Managers ranking list is final. Did the people from your facility that got picked up go somewhere that selected earlier than SCT? Did you meet with the facrep/ATM?

It’s titled the Manager’s Ranking List but in most cases it’s the NATCA Ranking list, I would push harder there. Also you didn’t turn down previous TOLs have you?

Back
Top Bottom