Hardships

33B8140F-6844-4B6E-857B-ADB607CCBDCB.jpeg
Wondering about this section. What types of things have people used this section to moved/seen others move for this? Is it only used when they are taking care of/living with the parent or do other things factor in?

View attachment 6117
Wondering about this section. What types of things have people used this section to moved/seen others move for this? Is it only used when they are taking care of/living with the parent or do other things factor in?
Cancer, dementia, stroke, etc... Things where they require care and there is no one else immediately available/capable.

Cancer, dementia, stroke, etc... Things where they require care and there is no one else immediately available/capable.
Not saying for reasons of abuse but say I have a sister that lives in the same town, how would they know if my sister lives in the town?

Not saying for reasons of abuse but say I have a sister that lives in the same town, how would they know if my sister lives in the town?
Probably wouldn't. But you might have to explain why there's no one else to take care of them.

Thanks. Was asking since the part where it says “or the medical condition requires a move” kind of seems like it opens the definition beyond just “caretaker when no one else is available.” Wanted to see if people have seen other examples.

I recently saw one approved where their 2 siblings were unable to care for their mother due to their full time work obligations while their spouse was intended to be the full time care taker of the mother. It was approved.

I recently saw one approved where their 2 siblings were unable to care for their mother due to their full time work obligations while their spouse was intended to be the full time care taker of the mother. It was approved.
I can see this working for in laws as well.

View attachment 6117
Seen someone get it approved (but took soooooooooooo long and lots of fighting) because their Parent was just elderly...over 90 and living alone. Kept getting sent back because he had no serious medical issues. Their adult child (grandchild of parent) actually lived with him too...if you want it hard enough and legit there to help your parent, eventually someone will fight for you and possibly get it. But seen the same denied several times...

Back
Top Bottom