Hardships

AB19

Forum Sage
I’ve applied to 10 supervisor jobs the past two yrs. 1 interview for a facility that is in BFE and they never got back to me so I emailed them with no response. Supervisor bids might be worse than NCEPT lol. The one that interviewed me has another bid out now too like 8 months later from the last. What a joke of a process.
Yeah I don't want to be a sup but would to get somewhere else but hands are tied from staffing

BDUB

Trusted Contributor
Imagine how terrible of a coworker you must be to not even get a recommendation for a supe job….
I think it comes down to more we are always screwed on staffing so when they call my manager he says yeah we can let you have him in 6 months and of course a place isn’t waiting 6 months when another person can go in 2. All comes down to black hole facility 😂🤷🏻‍♂️ Can’t say I’m not a terrible coworker though….

Yeah I don't want to be a sup but would to get somewhere else but hands are tied from staffing
Exact same. Can’t even get a interview because they call manager first and ask when I could be released lol brutal

Phillytroll69

Forum Sage
FAA
Facility
JNU Juneau Tower
I think it comes down to more we are always screwed on staffing so when they call my manager he says yeah we can let you have him in 6 months and of course a place isn’t waiting 6 months when another person can go in 2. All comes down to black hole facility 😂🤷🏻‍♂️ Can’t say I’m not a terrible coworker though….

Exact same. Can’t even get a interview because they call manager first and ask when I could be released lol brutal
Imagine having the greatest job in the world and wanting a transfer

CFN2110

Lurker
FAA
Facility
ZTL Atlanta Center
Has anyone sought legal advice in hardship denials? Any luck?
I’m wondering the same thing. I have a tight timeline I’m trying to make a move happen in. I have seen what appeared to be very legitimate hardships have to go back and forth from the region for all sorts of reasons before they are finally approved after 6-9 months. I’m wondering if having legal counsel would help before starting the process or if this is 100% a contract issue and a lawyer would do nothing but accept your money.

Electricfence

Trusted Contributor
I’m wondering the same thing. I have a tight timeline I’m trying to make a move happen in. I have seen what appeared to be very legitimate hardships have to go back and forth from the region for all sorts of reasons before they are finally approved after 6-9 months. I’m wondering if having legal counsel would help before starting the process or if this is 100% a contract issue and a lawyer would do nothing but accept your money.
Honest question, if your timeline is so tight, why not just drop fmla paperwork and take all the leave you need to be where you need to be unquestioned until the hardship is approved? If it’s that legitimate of a hardship, that makes a whole lot of sense doesn’t it?

CFN2110

Lurker
FAA
Facility
ZTL Atlanta Center
Honest question, if your timeline is so tight, why not just drop fmla paperwork and take all the leave you need to be where you need to be unquestioned until the hardship is approved? If it’s that legitimate of a hardship, that makes a whole lot of sense doesn’t it?
Long story but I already burned most of my 480 FMLA to take care of my SO after multiple surgeries. I won’t be eligible for another FMLA letter for awhile.

Top Bottom