Hardships

Did you put in your resume that when you’re CIC all ELMs are accomplished, breaks never exceed 30 minutes and extra on the spot corrections are issued? ?
Missed most of those but I did write that I’m only willing to get in the mix to put everyone on 30s and I refuse to certify people no matter how many recommendations they get until I say they’re ready ?

I completely agree with this. But what do you want a lvl 4 person to write on their resume that will get them an interview? What compares to something a lvl8 person does. Is it my fault that I’m stuck at a lvl 4 for 5+ years. Instead just cross my name out and don’t give me a chance at a interview to showcase myself ??‍♂️
First, you do the same job as a leve 8 controller. You both control traffic. So unless they have radar over you, for a bid package that portion of your application is equal unless they specific otherwise. But for both applicants to put in for the same job, you’ll most likely be considered the same.

The 4 questions usually are usually ability to : achieve results, lead people, build relationships, lead change. Answer them. Find some FAA examples of your work inside and outside the operation that you can use. Achieve results, do you write the schedule? Lead people are you the pro standards rep? You see where I’m going with this right?

Find some examples where you did work that you can describe and make it look like you did more than you did. Remember a lot of people dont do anything other than show up work traffic and take their break. There is nothing wrong with that but those people are also applying for supes jobs. Make it look like you do more because you actually did and achieves some sort of experience within those areas and you’ll get all the points that you can so you can get an interview.

Also selections for managers are now also based on staffing. So if you are competing against managers who can’t be released and are the first BUE and person on the list who can and you’ll be selected. So get all the points you can and figure out what that looks like. Talk to the atms and find out what they are looking for and highlight your out of the operation work in your application and your leaderships qualities and certifications within the operation to get the most points possible. Nothing is too small to put on your app. Ojti, cic, list elms courses and awards. Put everything!!!

Hey guys, right now I’m in Iowa and the area is nice but I have constant and severe allergies up here with all the corn, I’m talking sinus headaches (I mean umm.. upper sinus pressure) everyday, drainage etc. if I grab records from my allergenist and submit with a package is this likely to have a chance at approval? I’m trying to go to Missouri as that’s where I’m from and I didn’t have allergies like this until I moved here. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey guys, right now I’m in Iowa and the area is nice but I have constant and severe allergies up here with all the corn, I’m talking sinus headaches (I mean umm.. upper sinus pressure) everyday, drainage etc. if I grab records from my allergenist and submit with a package is this likely to have a chance at approval? I’m trying to go to Missouri as that’s where I’m from and I didn’t have allergies like this until I moved here. Thanks.
It’ll get approved but you have to go to TPA

TPA? I’m sorry I’m not quite familiar with the term. Thanks!
He’s just being an asshole because he was fortunate enough to transfer via NCEPT so was comparing your situation to people who hardship to Tampa (TPA) or another in demand facility. As if they didn’t require legwork and approval to get a hardship. It’s not just yeehaw I say I’m sick and I’m going to DEN like some on here claim

He’s just being an asshole because he was fortunate enough to transfer via NCEPT so was comparing your situation to people who hardship to Tampa (TPA) or another in demand facility. As if they didn’t require legwork and approval to get a hardship. It’s not just yeehaw I say I’m sick and I’m going to DEN like some on here claim
Thank you for the honest and actual relevant response!

Creating bullshit and lying does in fact take work.

It’s an obvious joke because all approved hardships are bonafide by definition and yet all the hardships go to 3 places. And if it were up to FAA HQ A99 absolutely wouldn’t exist. So if it weren’t for NATCAs contract negotiating team you’d still be rotting in that shithole doing the same job for half the pay.

It’s an obvious joke because all approved hardships are bonafide by definition and yet all the hardships go to 3 places. And if it were up to FAA HQ A99 absolutely wouldn’t exist. So if it weren’t for NATCAs contract negotiating team you’d still be rotting in that shithole doing the same job for half the pay.
Which 3 places?

You realize that A99 that exists today is a verbatim copy of A99 from the white book? The faa gave us hardships even when they imposed work rules.

I think it comes down to more we are always screwed on staffing so when they call my manager he says yeah we can let you have him in 6 months and of course a place isn’t waiting 6 months when another person can go in 2. All comes down to black hole facility ???‍♂️ Can’t say I’m not a terrible coworker though….

It’s funny. This post is exactaly what the ERR process was pre-ncept…..yet everyone talks shit about ncept and says they want to get rid of it and go back to the “old way”. Thing was back in the day for controllers the generic release was three years.

So when you submit a hardship and you give them a list of 3 or more facilities that would fulfill your request, how do they determine which one you go to? Is it black and white? Is there any negotiation on it or pushing for one specific place?

So when you submit a hardship and you give them a list of 3 or more facilities that would fulfill your request, how do they determine which one you go to? Is it black and white? Is there any negotiation on it or pushing for one specific place?
you don't actually have to give a list of facilities. there were two facilities close to where I needed to be and I only put in for 1 and it got approved.

Back
Top Bottom