Hardships

, I do feel bad for the same guy when hes stuck out in bumfuck 4 years later, with no outlook of getting back home while his father loses his last remaining mental acuity to dementia or whose wife left him bc they were stuck out in bumfuck and he wants to see his kids more than once a year.

Having empathy and privileging one controller over everyone else for arbitrary life shit are 2 different things. Cut the bullshit, you know damn well the sexy facilities have dramatically more hardship requests, and that has nothing to do w daddy having the black lung. You like the system set up to let ppl scam around to their dream facility if the union gives a wink and a nod, fine... but don't pretend they're Helen Keller!

Having empathy and privileging one controller over everyone else for arbitrary life shit are 2 different things. Cut the bullshit, you know damn well the sexy facilities have dramatically more hardship requests, and that has nothing to do w daddy having the black lung. You like the system set up to let ppl scam around to their dream facility if the union gives a wink and a nod, fine... but don't pretend they're Helen Keller!
I can see a day where there are literally more hardship transfers then NCEPT transfers. What facilities lead the FAA in transfers since the start of the NCEPT era? ZOA and ZNY. Everyone of which was a hardship. People know there is no way out of there other then a hardship, so they go at it hard. Soon people will be smart and do that everywhere.

What facilities lead the FAA in transfers since the start of the NCEPT era? ZOA and ZNY. Everyone of which was a hardship.

....I was told it was level 4 and dementia

giphy.gif

I can see a day where there are literally more hardship transfers then NCEPT transfers. What facilities lead the FAA in transfers since the start of the NCEPT era? ZOA and ZNY. Everyone of which was a hardship. People know there is no way out of there other then a hardship, so they go at it hard. Soon people will be smart and do that everywhere.
Hardship is defined as suffering.
Your question is literally what facilities lead the nation in suffering transfers.

If course it's facilities with high cost of living, low success and checkout times.

When are you most likely to endure undue suffering- when you sacrifice it all for two years and get the best job intheworld or when it's (covid guess) 7 years in a toilet to be at under 50% pass rate.

It's not a scam those factors literally contribute to the definition of a hardship.

My allergies here are pretty bad, having a good chance to check out or making 200k would make it easy to deal with, or easier to go see 'dad with black lung' as you put it. As you don't have that happening anytime soon it's an undue hardship. Actually anyone working or assigned to those facilities should just have it granted automatically.

Hardship is defined as suffering.
Your question is literally what facilities lead the nation in suffering transfers.

If course it's facilities with high cost of living, low success and checkout times.

When are you most likely to endure undue suffering- when you sacrifice it all for two years and get the best job intheworld or when it's (covid guess) 7 years in a toilet to be at under 50% pass rate.

It's not a scam those factors literally contribute to the definition of a hardship.

My allergies here are pretty bad, having a good chance to check out or making 200k would make it easy to deal with, or easier to go see 'dad with black lung' as you put it. As you don't have that happening anytime soon it's an undue hardship. Actually anyone working or assigned to those facilities should just have it granted automatically.
ZNY and ZOA should be like Guam or something - you put in 6 years or so and you can go wherever you want after

I think it’s pretty safe to say a huge chunk, if not the majority of hardships are scams. Like others have mentioned though, you can’t really blame people at this point with the current state of things, particularly NCEPT. A lot of people who were hired over the past decade came into the agency without realizing they’d be trapped at their first facility virtually forever. Even at the Academy, a lot of the old timer instructors perpetuate the myth that if you CPC and put in a couple years, you can transfer anywhere in the country you want. This isn’t true anymore. When people are left with no other options besides trying to hardship out, they’re going to pursue it.

The same goes with sick leave abuse. I think it’s fair to say probably 1 out of 2 people that call in sick on any given day aren’t actually sick. But that goes back to the systemic issues that people are forced to deal with. For decades now, the agency and NATCA have failed to resolve the staffing issues that plague so many facilities. Thus, spot leave isn’t a thing at most places. If you really want/need a day, SL is your only option.

I’m not a fan of scammers, but I think a lot of the blame has to go towards the leadership that’s created these trends throughout the NAS with their ineptitude and stupidity.

I dunno I'd rather stay where I am than watch a relative die from "black lung".

Yes scamming exists, as it does anywhere with most things. But most of the people I see hating on A99 transfers Are being spiteful and/or jealous at thier unwillingness or inability to do the same (and again if it's a legit hardship is pretty shitty), which I guess is par for the course in the community anyways.

I've yet to see this miracle hardship where controller a is from Madison Wisconsin was placed at Beaumont and has a Shiner Bock allergy and ended up at DEN. Yes, I've seen some scammy ones, but I'd say it's 1 scammy one for every 3 or 4 legit ones I've witnessed. If the FAA and natca don't want people to skirt the rules make the rules easier to follow and still live your life how you intend.

I dunno I'd rather stay where I am than watch a relative die from "black lung".

Yes scamming exists, as it does anywhere with most things. But most of the people I see hating on A99 transfers Are being spiteful and/or jealous at thier unwillingness or inability to do the same (and again if it's a legit hardship is pretty shitty), which I guess is par for the course in the community anyways.

I've yet to see this miracle hardship where controller a is from Madison Wisconsin was placed at Beaumont and has a Shiner Bock allergy and ended up at DEN. Yes, I've seen some scammy ones, but I'd say it's 1 scammy one for every 3 or 4 legit ones I've witnessed. If the FAA and natca don't want people to skirt the rules make the rules easier to follow and still live your life how you intend.
#greatestjobintheworld #dynamicdecisions #scamcitybish

Go look at the numbers for PHX and P50 since NCEPT started... the amount of Hardship arrivals compared to NCEPT ERRs is disgusting. Then look at the multuple towers around them, multiple 7+ including a 9... they have hardly any hardship arrivals... why? Even when they are less staffed and the hardship wouldn't be losing pay. I'm pretty sure Phoenix doesn't have some magical healing powers that is only at a hospital near the PHX airport.

Go look at the numbers for PHX and P50 since NCEPT started... the amount of Hardship arrivals compared to NCEPT ERRs is disgusting. Then look at the multuple towers around them, multiple 7+ including a 9... they have hardly any hardship arrivals... why? Even when they are less staffed and the hardship wouldn't be losing pay. I'm pretty sure Phoenix doesn't have some magical healing powers that is only at a hospital near the PHX airport.
How the hardship works is that you can request a facility that is in the area that helps with the hardship. The facility has to be within 3 levels of your own if you’re moving up in levels. So if you’re given the option to choose, why not choose the higher level place like PHX? I guarantee 99% of people harshipping would still take the Phoenix area even if it meant not going to PHX. If they don’t then it’s clearly a scam. But of course a person would choose the higher level facility.

How the hardship works is that you can request a facility that is in the area that helps with the hardship. The facility has to be within 3 levels of your own if you’re moving up in levels. So if you’re given the option to choose, why not choose the higher level place like PHX? I guarantee 99% of people harshipping would still take the Phoenix area even if it meant not going to PHX. If they don’t then it’s clearly a scam. But of course a person would choose the higher level facility.
Probably 80% will end up not accepting the area if they don't get their facility of preference and it's absolutely a scam

By my count, I'm seeing PHX has gotten 9 new bodies since 2017, 7 of which were hardships, 1 ERR that was just selected in the November '21 panel, and a previous experience new hire that gets there next week. For P50 since late 2015, we have 32 new bodies with 5 previous experience, 1 NEST, 18 hardships, and 8 ERR's.

As far as places with the most hardships into them, just by eyeballing the data here, I've found
RDU: 12
RSW: 8
SCT: 9
SLC: 8
BNA: 8
CLT: 8
DAL: 7
DEN: 5 (surprisingly low considering the running jokes)
F11: 13
HOU: 9
IAH: 5
IND: 6
JAX: 8
OKC: 7
P31: 6
P80: 6
PBI: 5
PDK: 6
PIT: 6
S46: 6
SEA: 5
SFB: 6
TPA: 13
TUL: 5

As far as places with the most hardship outbounds, I didn't look thru them as hard but I counted 27 from ZOA and 14 from ZNY

Last edited:
By my count, I'm seeing PHX has gotten 9 new bodies since 2017, 7 of which were hardships, 1 ERR that was just selected in the November '21 panel, and a previous experience new hire that gets there next week. For P50 since late 2015, we have 32 new bodies with 5 previous experience, 1 NEST, 18 hardships, and 8 ERR's.

As far as places with the most hardships into them, just by eyeballing the data here, I've found
RDU: 12
RSW: 8
SCT: 9
BNA: 8
CLT: 8
DAL: 7
DEN: 5 (surprisingly low considering the running jokes)
F11: 13
HOU: 9
IAH: 5
IND: 6
JAX: 8
OKC: 7
P31: 6
P80: 6
PBI: 5
PDK: 6
PIT: 6
S46: 6
SEA: 5
SFB: 6
TPA: 13
TUL: 5

As far as places with the most hardship outbounds, I didn't look thru them as hard but I counted 27 from ZOA and 14 from ZNY
What an absolute joke ?

Back
Top Bottom